The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

My Grandad

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
What a lovely post Vicky. So many of the older generation had such good stories to tell and experience to share. You will of course miss him immensely, but you have memories to treasure. Thinking of you and your family at this sad time. Your Grandad Graham seems to have been held in high esteem by his fellow race enthusiasts, which must be a huge comfort to you :huggles:

RIP Graham Cooper

a lovely tribute to a lovely man, graham was a true gent and always had time for anyone. remember when we started racing at the ginn pitt club and graham was on the lure, he always would gave you advise and tell you your pup was coming on nicely he had a great eye and could see if a dog was not running as it should. if there were a lot more people like graham the world would be a finer place to live. RIP GRAHAM A TRUE GENT. dave and diane

So sorry to hear of your loss Vicky you must have loved him so much

hes at peace now free from pain he can walk now and be reunited with his whipets

as you know I knew him well along with Brian Cooper and his Littel Mary who we had some great races with Vivs Pet

we had some wonderful times together Rember when I was in hospital and the Meld Trophy was on the whole club at blidworth the old club took ruth and Judy down in a bus she was used to don shouting her on when Little mary got beat Judy was left in in the final so Brian took over on the line and shouted her on and she won he then talked to all the racers and they all gave their winnings and the collection he had made to help ruth out that was what racing was all about and thats

was what racing was all about

they were the days they were genuine whippet men from the time when Racing was the only thing that mattered were you shook hands after a race not

stab you in the back and say nasty remarks about the winning dog like today

RIp Graham and thoughts to you and your family at this sad time

Don and Ruth

so sorry vicky, thinking of you and ur family

RIP

VICKY A VERY FITTING AND HEARFELT TRIBUTE TO A VERY SPECIAL MAN WHO MEANT THE WORLD TO YOU.AT LEAST HE IS NOW AT REST AND YOU HAVE THE MOST WONDERFUL MEMORYS.WE KNOW HE WOULD HAVE BEEN SO PROUD OF YOUR ACHIEVEMENTS IN WHIPPET RACING AND LONG MAY YOUR DOGS CONTINUE TO KEEP UP THE STANDARDS YOU AND MARK HAVE SET.AS DON SAYS ANOTHER MEMBER OF THE OLD CHARACTERS AND RESPECTED RACERS BEING REMEMBERED.

A GOLDEN HEART STOPS BEATING

TWO HARD WORKING HANDS AT REST

ONCE AGAIN HE SHOWS HE ONLY TAKES THE BEST

ROB AND TINA

Sadly I never met your grandad Vicky, he was obviously one in a million. Wherever he is I know that he is so proud of having such a loving and thoughtful grand daughter, your tribute had me in tears. I know you will treasure your wonderful memories.

RIP Mr Cooper

sorry for your loss vicky and what a lovely tribute R.I.P mr cooper

So sorry for the loss of your Grandad.

My thoughts are with you all x

R.I.P

Sorry for your loss Vicky your post is a lovely tribute to him R.I.P.

Always enjoyed my chats with Graham and had the upmost respect for him .He was a gentleman and will be sadly missed so sorry for your loss Vicky.

Barry

So sorry to hear of your loss.Your Grandad was obviously a very special Man.

Thankyou to everyone who has offered their condolence.

Grandad's funeral is being held Tuesday 11th May at 12.30pm :

Holy Family Church,

208 Chaddock Lane,

Boothstown,

Manchester,

M28 1DN

then on to

Howbridge Crematorium

Lovers Lane

Atherton

Manchester

M46 0PZ

everyone invited back to Royal British Legion, Boothstown afterwards.

Family flowers only, anyone wishing to make a donation, the family are asking for them to go to The Sarah Matheson Trust

Last edited by a moderator:
really sorry to hear the sad news keith told us whilst at Ayrshire at the weekend he was a lovely man and very proud of your achievments with your dogs.He was a true gentleman, one in a million loved and respected by everyone who knew him

Wonderful tribute to him Vicky and so deserved R.I.P.Graham

Read your tribute,before I went to Thurrock Vicky.Couldn't reply at the time too choked up.It was a lovely thing to write.Without even knowing Graham,I could tell he was one in a million.Hope it's not too long before you can enjoy all your fond memories of him without being to distressed

What a lovely tribute to a very special Grandad .

I'm so sorry for your loss .

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back