The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

My Little Soloman Is Poorly !

Chills

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
I am now quite worried. I took him to the vets yesterday as we had had a whole night of him crying and seemingly having tummy ache, although no other signs. He had not been sick or had the runs, just very uncomfortable. When we got to the vets they couldn't find anything other than a high temperature. He had an antibiotic and some anti imflammatories and he was sent home with me to take him back this morning for a check.

He seemed better, but still under the weather so off we went again this morning. His temperature had gone up again and is now at 105!! Still no other signs of anything though?? They have kept him in today and run some simple bloods on him which have come back with nothing. They are sending some bloods of for further analysis and keeping him with fans on him etc and taking his temperature regularly.

I am now quite worried, as I would have thought if his temperature is rising that he would show some other signs. I am hoping he can come home tonight, but really unsure as to what to think.

Sorry to go on, but I am really worried now :(

So sorry to hear this :(

Have the vets x-rayed in case of internal damage???

Is he still eating and poo'ing normally??

Have they taken a poo sample to culture for viral/bacterial infection??

All these things can be critical in diagnosing a problem like this

I wish you :luck: :luck: and keeping my fingers crossed for little Soloman :huggles: :wub:

aawww im sorry soloman isn't feeling well, :luck: for a speedy recovery :huggles:

:( aww no hope hes feeling better soon :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: ,i think ther is some kid of bug doing the rounds as my ollie was sick this morning and blue and tia last week and i know a few others on k9 have to :thumbsup:

I hope Soloman picks up soon
hug4.gif

Aww poor Soloman.....get well soon... :huggles: :luck: :luck: :huggles:

jinnyfizz said:
So sorry to hear this  :( Have the vets x-rayed in case of internal damage???

Is he still eating and poo'ing normally??

Have they taken a poo sample to culture for viral/bacterial infection??

All these things can be critical in diagnosing a problem like this

I wish you  :luck:   :luck:   and keeping my fingers crossed for little Soloman  :huggles:   :wub:

Thanks Jinnyfizz. There are no other symptoms, apart from he only really wants to eat the meat of his dinner, and not so much the biscuit. The vet has really prodded and poked everywhere and no reactions. He is going to the toilet OK and normally so its all a bit weird.

Thanks everyone - it does feel better to share your worries - especially with people who know whippets. It does get annoying when people just say "oh whippets are wimps anyway!"" Makes me mad :rant:

Vet has just called, I am going to collect him in a little while. They have got his temperature down to 102 now and I will be given a thermometer and more Metacam to try to keep it down. They have done bloods at their clinic which showed nothing and have sent off further bloods for further tests. Hopefully they will have a the results of these when I collect him.

It is sooooo frustrating - give me a broken leg or big obvious cut anyday!!

Thanks again :cheers:

Poor Solomon,i hope he feels better soon :( :huggles:

He hasn't by any chance had a vaccination/booster recently?

alfyn said:
Poor Solomon,i hope he feels better soon  :(   :huggles: He hasn't by any chance had a vaccination/booster recently?

Exactly what I was about to ask! :eek:

Hope he is loads better now :luck:

How is Soloman doing I do hope he has improved or failing that is showing some symptoms that will help with a quick diagnosis :luck: :luck:

Hope soloman is feeling better today, Bran had a very high temperature and was back and forward to vets for weeks for all sorts of tests, x rays etc, a couple ofyears ago, in the end he was diagnoses with auto immune disease, hes ok now, but on medication, hope the vets can pinpoint whats wrong soon, i know how worrying it is, :huggles: for the poor boy.

Thanks everyone for your kind comments. Unfortunately Solly's temperature was back up to 105 this morning and he was starting to tremour so back to the vets again. They had the results of the further blood tests, which again showed nothing. So unfortunately we are no further forward. Needless to say I have had to leave him at the vets again so they can get his temperature down. Just feel so helpless and useless as they don't have any idea what is wrong with him. :(

Oh dear poor little man :( sending lots of love to you and hope Soloman is on the mend soon :huggles: :huggles:

Chills said:
Thanks everyone for your kind comments.  Unfortunately Solly's temperature was back up to 105 this morning and he was starting to tremour so back to the vets again.  They had the results of the further blood tests, which again showed nothing.  So unfortunately we are no further forward.  Needless to say I have had to leave him at the vets again so they can get his temperature down.  Just feel so helpless and useless as they don't have any idea what is wrong with him.  :(
Poor Solomon - so sorry to hear he isn't well :( Lots of :luck: for a speedy recovery :huggles:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back