The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

My name is molly1571 I have 12 month dalmation called Rosie

Hi yes photos please..
@Jack-Russell-Lover indeed the craze for dalmtions seems to have settled down and there are not many around.
We had two when I was a child and there were lots of them around back then but these days...

Looking forward to seeing photos of Rosie..

Yes, @Mad Murphy, you're so lucky to have had some when you were young!
Could the craze have something to do with 101 Dalmatians?

They do say the worst thing for a dog breed is to win crufts or star in a film because then everybody wants one.. Think Shilo, Underdog or cats and dogs and the corresponding beagle craze,if you think about it, how many rough collies do you see now? But I bet if a new Lassie film came out there would be a boom of them.

We were very lucky and unlucky too. Our first dally was Jason who came as a pup but had distemper and died just a few months old. I was only 7 but I remember how cruel my teacher was when dad gave us the day off school. She said he was 'just a dog' (I wonder if thats why I prefer dogs over people) the second was an adopted dog about a year old also called Jason and then dad went out walking and came home with a female liver spot called Carrier she was found a nice new home. So weve had our share of spotty dogs in our lives..:)

Yes exactly, it's a bit wrong really that people are influenced so much by what they see on TV!
What a horrible teacher!! I remember I got picked up from school when our family Boxer had to be put to sleep, they're a part of the family! Unless they've had a dog themselves, some People just don't understand.

We had a boxer when I was a child. Came home from school one day and mum had rehomed him. A year or so earlier my dads sister had died. When I cried and said it because I wouldnt see him anymore. My mum replied you dont see your Auntie Ann anymore but you don't cry over her. You'll get over it.

We had a boxer when I was a child. Came home from school one day and mum had rehomed him. A year or so earlier my dads sister had died. When I cried and said it because I wouldnt see him anymore. My mum replied you dont see your Auntie Ann anymore but you don't cry over her. You'll get over it.

:( oh sorry but thats really harsh...

20180612_080424.jpg

Welcome! We’d love to see some photos :)
20180612_080424.jpg

Attachments

• A4B27B11-EC80-4F7E-9590-9535C4F51E47.jpeg
    A4B27B11-EC80-4F7E-9590-9535C4F51E47.jpeg
    373.1 KB · Views: 153
Awwww she's so pretty :)
@Nanny71 that is so harsh! I would have disowned my mum if she'd got rid of a dog while I wasn't there! That must have been awful! :(
That is true @Josie, there are a couple of dogs in the village that I know the names of now, there's Bella the Boxer who isn't keen on other dogs and barks at Roxy (and she barks back!), There's Kane, the big hairy Maremma Sheepdog who Roxy loves because he is so placid. :) That's all I know so far but I'm sure there will be more!

I've known a few Dallies- and I have to say the artistic distribution of spots on Rosie is about the best I've seen!;)

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back