The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

My New Black Lab Pup

(w00t) Look at the size of her feet!!!

She's just beautiful :wub: :wub: All the best with her :luck:

fern is :wub: :wub: :wub: the very best of luck with her for the future :thumbsup:

a few pics of Tilly and fern playing in the garden, taken today.

fern007.jpg

fern006.jpg

fern005.jpg

fern004.jpg

She looks a right character already :D ......Tilly seems to be enjoying her company aswell .........Are you going to try racing Fern when she's older ? ....No I haven't lost my marbles (well not all of them anyway :b ) but my Collie loves racing and has even done a spot of lure coursing lol (w00t)

Strike Whippets said:
She looks a right character already  :D   ......Tilly seems to be enjoying her company aswell .........Are you going to try racing Fern when she's older ? ....No I haven't lost my marbles (well not all of them anyway  :b ) but  my Collie loves racing and has even done a spot of lure coursing lol  (w00t)
That's totally out of the question, thats the last thing you ever want a labrador to do. A labrador should never chase it's quarry especally rabbits and hares. A gundog that chases is liable to be shot by accident. Fern will be walked with Tilly on the lead but they will never work together until fern is fully trained.It's the only way, otherwise fern will only copy Tilly and start chasing rabbits

That makes sense :thumbsup: ........We have a huge range of dogs from police dogs, drug sniffer/bomb dogs, working dogs through to gundogs at the kennels .......Its amaizing the different ways that the different type of dogs are trained :) .......My Collie loves to chase with the Whippets (strange that lol) ..........Yet she also loves to flush .........She's even been known when asked to retrieve to hand (much to Jacobs disgust :lol: ) (w00t) .......I've always said she can turn her paw to anything :)

Fern looks really lovely Mally! :wub: I much prefer (like everyone else,it seems) the working Labs,my OH had HPR's until a few years ago and actually we train all our Whippets the same way,(they work) we even have one who will do "blind retrieves" and they love flushing pheasant but they all respond to the whistle at a distance,it is so important I think to start them very early as Whippets can have selective hearing sometimes (especially when working). lol :lol:

All the best with her and with her training. :thumbsup:

BTW,one question........I noticed in one of the earlier pics that she still had her dew-claws left,do they not remove them? Just curious as our HPR's all had their removed.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back