The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

My Pup Storm

world.hunters

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Storm is progressing every day and im very pround of him, i have been doing some more training with him and also incorperating with "down" command and also jump retrieving, he is also retrieving to hand more often now, hopefully if all goes as it he will be a very good dog as he gets older, and the training will play a big role when he accompanies me out shooting aswell.

he walks very good on the lead aswell and the retrieveing is getting better all the time. heres a few pics and a short video of him doing abit of retrieveing.

i could not get the sound on the video but basically i tell him to sit, stay. then i throw the dummy (socks) and give him to command to go get it, he learns fast and i am very proud of him.

heres a few pics

3 week

3week.jpg

8week

8weekb.jpg

12 week

retrieving

12week.jpg

stalking

12weekb.jpg

12weeke.jpg

storm on some big game :hmm:

12weekd.jpg

What beautiful dogs. :thumbsup: Im dead impressed with the retrieves - and the "stalking"!! Keep up the training , it obviously works!! :luck:

Tina

from one STORM owner to another...cracker post and best wishes with him.

john

Storms beautiful and clever with it
luve4.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Excellent video mate!! :)

I was made up with the progress of my pup till i seen yours :(

What you using as a reward? i tried tit bits with mine but he wouldnt concentrate on the retrieving just wanted to get in my pocket to eat them :(

4.jpg

Stop the food reward

never used it as i know people who had the same problem.

use praise, if he brings something back praise him, you cant go over board with how much you give him( thats why its better in doors or if your not a rough looking bloke :b ).

If he sits when you tell him to , drop down to praise him, dont let him break the sit.

A lot of people sit there dog and make him stay then shout him over to praise him

DONT, no matter how far away he is sat you must walk over to him, if he trys to rise ,repeat the command .

you will find the dog will learn something new every few days.

I found the best time was at night or early morning, somewhere quiet where he cant run away or get distracted.Always finish his teachings with a fun game, nothing involving what youve just taught him.

Stop the food reward

never used it as i know people who had the same problem.

use praise, if he brings something back praise him, you cant go over board with how much you give him( thats why its better in doors or if your not a rough looking bloke :b ).

If he sits when you tell him to , drop down to praise him, dont let him break the sit.

A lot of people sit there dog and make him stay then shout him over to praise him

DONT, no matter how far away he is sat you must walk over to him, if he trys to rise ,repeat the command .

you will find the dog will learn something new every few days.

I found the best time was at night or early morning, somewhere quiet where he cant run away or get distracted.Always finish his teachings with a fun game, nothing involving what youve just taught him.

love the german shepard!! :p :thumbsup: :wub:

Is he yours??

cheers for the replies lads and lasses

i am very pround of the dog and he learns fast, in just an hour or so he had learnt, to sit, stay, and come, just by hand signals.

i only do a couple retrieves a day. and make him stay before giving him the command to go get it.

and i also always make him sit and stay before feeding him, jsut little things like this seem to make a hell of a lot of difference.

world.hunters said:
i am very pround of the dog and he learns fast, in just an hour or so he had learnt, to sit, stay, and come, just by hand signals.

i only do a couple retrieves a day. and make him stay before giving him the command to go get it.

and i also always make him sit and stay before feeding him, jsut little things like this seem to make a hell of a lot of difference.

heres them pics of his litter mate blue!

3.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg

scouser said:
world.hunters said:

heres them pics of his litter mate blue!

a few more pics :)

5.jpg

View attachment 43978

7.jpg

nice pics mate

when i went down to pick my pup at 3 weeks i took a picture of the litter and i can see yours with them aswell if you want the pics mate ill email them u

cheers

w.h

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back