The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

N.ireland Ireland Working Whippet Club

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
milliken said:
the show works out somethig like this i know thing dont always go to plan
12 noon 16 dog lure coursing stake whippets only ran in pairs

then show classes are child handling best puppy best bitch best dog best working type then a show class for whippet greyhounds  then racing after the show whippet will NOT be ran with whippet greyhounds

if intrested in entering your whippet in the coursing pm me entre to coursing is 5 pound the winner gets 50 pound plus a lovely trofty

cheers robert

im sure alot of people will agree robert youve went out of your way to please :thumbsup:

coatsy said:
milliken said:

then show classes are child handling best puppy best bitch best dog best working type then a show class for whippet greyhounds  then racing after the show whippet will NOT be ran with whippet greyhounds

if intrested in entering your whippet in the coursing pm me entre to coursing is 5 pound the winner gets 50 pound plus a lovely trofty

cheers robert

im sure alot of people will agree robert youve went out of your way to please :thumbsup:

I hope lots of whippets turn up to show their appreciation for all the hard work you're doing in getting something like this organised for this wonderful little breed :thumbsup:

Lets hope the weather stays kind to you!!!! (w00t)

louiejoe said:
coatsy said:
milliken said:

cheers robert

I hope lots of whippets turn up to show their appreciation for all the hard work you're doing in getting something like this organised for this wonderful little breed :thumbsup:

Lets hope the weather stays kind to you!!!! (w00t)

heres hopeing

louiejoe said:
(w00t) It's so nice to see something like this being organised for PURE WHIPPETS for a change :thumbsup: Usually we have to compete against lurchers!! It's amazing how lots of folk enter their dogs in the 'whippet' class at shows and then later on enter the same dogs in whippet cross class? :- " ...surely a dog can only be one or the other, a pure whippet or a whippet cross, not both??!!! :b

We'll certainly be there to support this event, along with a few of our whippets :D

I think this post should also be put in the 'general discussion whippets' section on here. :b

[/quote I totaly agree here,as ive lost count of how many time's a pure whippet has won the whippet class,and then goes on to win the lurcher puppy ,or under 23 inch class.Keep there own,to there own.Anyway it's great to see the whippet's having summit over here,as they have become very popular at lurcher shows,and ive seen some absolute cracker's lately. :luck: to all taking part,and hopefully an injury free day....Billy...

Last edited by a moderator:
Ive just went down through the rest of the post's here,and it was great to see that there will be whippet/greyhound racing.That put's a whole different perspective on thing's.Thankyou very much for taking our w/g into consideration,and cattering for them too.It will be a pleasure to attend and support this club's 1st show,although i was coming along anyhow.Just makes it even more worth the long journey now.Thankyou mate. ...Billy... PS.It will be nice to meet up again with all the old faces from last year.Any chance of a few direction's please.Coming from the M2.Or would i be better going the M1. :cheers:

robert i assume youre running a puppy race as china has only ran a few times at a lure ? if not no worries shel just have to go in with all the flying machines !

stormydog said:
robert i assume youre running a puppy race as china has only ran a few times at a lure ?  if not no worries shel just have to go in with all the flying machines !
ha ha john come on thers not to many that il count with that one :thumbsup:

a few days to go..hope the weather holds out :unsure:

john..with the waterproofed dog and black monkey

Hi,

Any chance of directions or better still post code for the sat nav?

dukie

If you dont mind,i would like to put up a trophy for lurcher puppy racing champion.That is if you run a race for the pups.PM me if this is acceptable,and i'll have it sorted for Sunday.Would also put the club's name on it too,and do a framed portrait with TEXT of the winning pup. ...Billy...

billyboy45 said:
If you dont mind,i would like to put up a trophy for lurcher puppy racing champion.That is if you run a race for the pups.PM me if this is acceptable,and i'll have it sorted for Sunday.Would also put the club's name on it too,and do a framed  portrait with TEXT of the winning pup.  ...Billy...
billy nothing to do with me but do you not think that it wud be nice to sponsor the working whippet pups as robert is just giving the like of us a run as it is a working whippet club show and has done us i favour giving us a bit of a run just a thought :thumbsup:

dukie it is at the round tower its a big grey tower the the monks lived in sorry it has no post code it right next to parkhall high school now watch out cuz the school has now been split in 2 one part is a long stiles way it not that one its along the steeple road cheers robert

janet

hope this helps....this is the postcode for that school on the Steeple road..that should get you close enough to hear those monks "taking their silence vows" :blink:

..........BT41 1AF

and better again....heres a map link .

http://www.axcis.co.uk/map/35250.html

billyboy45 said:
If you dont mind,i would like to put up a trophy for lurcher puppy racing champion.That is if you run a race for the pups.PM me if this is acceptable,and i'll have it sorted for Sunday.Would also put the club's name on it too,and do a framed  portrait with TEXT of the winning pup.  ...Billy...
Thought i had better change that to WhipperxGreyhound puppy race,as it's not a lurcher show.Sorry people,my mistake.Just like tio say that Robert has accepted my offer,so anyone with a w/g puppy,get it down there,for a bit of craic. ...Billy...

coatsy said:
billyboy45 said:
billy nothing to do with me but do you not think that it wud be nice to sponsor the working whippet pups as robert is just giving the like of us a run as it is a working whippet club show and has done us i favour giving us a bit of a run just a thought :thumbsup:

That would be a great idea Colin,but ive already made the offer,and it's been accepted.Nothing stopping anybody else from dipping into their pocket's mind,as mine is pretty deep,with not much to stop me reaching the bottom of it.I just thought i would help them out a wee bit,as a geture of thank's,that's all.I will be taking plenty of pix,and will be doing some of the winning whippet's anyhow,which will be edited,and either emailed or printed,so i guess there will be a bit more from me yet to come,in one way or another.I look on it as a pleasure mate,and am only to happy to help out. ...Billy...

Thanks guys for the directions, no excuse for me getting there then, hope to see you all!!

dukie

What distance we running tomorrow ?

I`m wondering am I better coming up from Cookstown way as opposed to going all the way around the motorway ?

Anybody suggest the best/quickest way please.

Martin Tucker said:
I`m wondering am I better coming up from Cookstown way as opposed to going all the way around the motorway ?

i think ts about 300yrds not sure if that would be better for you mate

Martin Tucker said:

Dont know if you'l get this Martin,but im going the cookstown way myself mate,as it's more or less at the start of the M2 from Tomme.The other way mean's going through Belfast,and down the M2 till almost the end of it.With the roadworks at the end of the M1 moterway,you might be better going Cookstown mate.See you there,will have a couple of Ernie's offspring with me. ...Billy...

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back