The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

N.n.w.r.f Bend Championships.

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
they dogs not machines.let the owners run off. not the dogs. we will have the rspca knocking on our doors (cruelty) think about it ,some people are not for real. run these fantastic animals into the ground , for what a plastic pot :rant: unbelievable even to think about it . :angry:

OWEN SHAW has sponsered the trophy and said that was what he wanted to sponser it for .....

I personally would not run my dog off for it either if i ever managed to get a dog that far in the champs

Ive had dogs took there titles on the bends and always withdraw ...but everyone to there own

denise, spot on would do the same. winning a heat would do me never mind a title :thumbsup:

Oh but think of the lost points...... by pulling out(w00t) and some will......

Only kidding :clown:

David said:
they dogs not machines.let the owners run off. not the dogs. we will have the rspca knocking on our doors (cruelty) think about it ,some people are not for real. run these fantastic animals into the ground , for what a plastic pot  :rant:   unbelievable even to think about it . :angry:
thats a bit harsh Dave :( you wouldn't get a greyhound going round twice in one day :- " our whippets do though or more i personally hate bend racing and dont think they are made for bends, the bigger dogs maybe :unsure: but each to their own :thumbsup: dont think one more run for supreme would make that much difference.

Last edited by a moderator:
gaz if 80lb greyhound only runs once a meeting .a 20lb whippet could have to do 4 runs, i know what is harch :sweating: never mind thats whippet racing . if you watch the littuns after 2 runs they not racing they surviving trotting over the finish.bend racing lends more to the bigger dogs, littleuns struggle.but littleuns get there own back when it comes to the straights and 150. :thumbsup:

gaz if 80lb greyhound only runs once a meeting .a 20lb whippet could have to do 4 runs, i know what is harch :sweating: never mind thats whippet racing . if you watch the littuns after 2 runs they not racing they surviving trotting over the finish.bend racing lends more to the bigger dogs, littleuns struggle.but littleuns get there own back when it comes to the straights and 150. :thumbsup:

in the end of the day a trophy as been put up for the race it does not mean u have to run for it does it (personally i would not entertain more than 3 runs round a bend ) but the whippets will do it as u no a gd bend dog just gets quicker :thumbsup:

I dont do bends , but tip

Midnight Run to go all the way,,,Fluke to go all the way in either vet's or adults

One so fine

Tinkerman

Gold Run

Morphouse

OB2

Maybe Magic

Ibrox Star

Brookhill Buddy

Ventura

Scottish Power

Waterford

Peggy Sue

Come On Ella

Fluke

Refuse To Bend

Moany Moany

Show Three

Vets,,Fluke / Show Three or Tormentor

I am not tipping anything as I am a bit out of touch on the bends but good luck to everyone and have a great day out.

i have heard that the extra run for big run off between dog and bitch is not for points :oops:

I don't do bends either but will tip Morpheous and Lacy venture because of previous performances :D Hope everyone has a brilliant day out :cheers:

does the scratch dogs use the greyhound traps, up to 35 whippet traps????

Are the block traps being used for classes until run offs???if so people will need both types of kick boards ---- always handy to know prior to going to these events ---many thanks

steve

The block traps will be used for scr races...whippet traps will be used for all other races.

kipper fluke said:
Are the block traps being used for classes until run offs???if so people will need both types of kick boards ---- always handy to know prior to going to these events ---many thankssteve

you get a yard start at fed championship events according to weight :thumbsup:

so you will only need one trap board i.e. whippet trap ramp/kickboard :- "

A FEW TIPS

ACCA

PEGGY SUE

TNT

OSCARS PRIDE ( WHO IS GOING TO BE A DAD FOR THE FIRST TIME :D )

C SPOT RUN

TROUBLESPOT

JUST FRIENDS

JUST TO NAME A COUPLE :luck: :luck: LUCK TO ALL AND MAY YOU ALL COME OFF INJURY FREE

do they through a bunny down at the pick up at warwick??as our dog is hard on the lure and has injuryed himself on the track??can you ask them to do this as its only time before he really hurts himself, much safer to toss a bunny down than all dive to the fence.prevention is the best medicine :( good luck to everybody this sundaylooking foward to some good racing. hope everybodys dogs come off safe/sound :luck: :luck: :luck: :cheers:

IMO your better off getting the box over the hare asap - AAAAAAAASH :D

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back