The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

N.W.R.F. FOLDED

rowland

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
NOTICE TO ALL N.W.R.F. MEMBERS.

I feel that the N.W.R.F. has been well run over the last few years,with a committee that has been dedicated,hard working and totally committed to the N.W.R.F.

Some of the comments and criticisms we have had to put up with whilst running events,so that you can turn up and run your dogs has lead to the downfall of this organisation.

I personally have worked on the N.W.R.F.since 1989 ,and have been the treasurer since 1992,the longest serving committee member.With that in mind i have made one of the hardest decisions ever .

TO APPLY RULE 10 OF THE N.W.R.F.GENERAL RULES.

(IN THE EVENT OF THE FEDERATION CEASING TO OPERATE ALL MONEY HELD BY THE FEDERATION SHALL BE RE-DISTRIBUTED AMONGST CURRENT MEMBERS).

N.W.R.F.CEASED TO OPERATE 16/1/04.

A letter has been sent into Whippet News with details of membership pay out.

TONY WEATHERSON (SECRETARY/TREASURER).

I thought the fed committee stood down 3 days ago? Is it up to them now to make that decision?

Last edited by a moderator:
Typical of the current NWRF committee. First they resign and then after they have resigned they take it upon themselves to fold the NWRF. Sorry but if you have resigned then you have no authority to make such a descion.

This is just the type of behaviour we have come to expect of those running the NWRF - an organisation that seems to have been run purely for the self promotion of a few people.

Perhaps they don`t want anyone else to have access to information as to what has happened in the past or access to the finances of the NWRF or perhaps they are just acting as selfish spoilsports.

The downfall of the organisation lies totaly with those who have mismanaged it.

After just having advice on thin matter , it is not up to Tony or Yvonne to make these decisions off your own back , you are proving just what most members thought of you both to be correct.

The FED does not belong to you alone it belongs to its members, so would you kindly forward all appropriate books and equipment , and all money that is the members, including all bank statements.

There will be a new committee in place on Sunday The Fed is not yours to do with as you please, its like saying if i cannot have it , no one will or do you have so much to hide is this the reason for your childish acts

PLEASE MAKE ALL BOOKS AND EQUIPMENT AVAILABLE FOR SUNDAYS MEETING

you are saying the fed is folding because of comments to wards you tony and yvonne, the fed will not fold as dee has said earlier .if you tell people the real reason wich most know anyway, is that you gave a positive test or are you trying to do this so you can try and get away with not showing the real reasons, books maybe ,for once you need to realize even though you have thought different the fed is not yours .........this just proves what most people already know your true coulors....

:b I WOULD HAVE SAID THAT THEY CAN SHUT IT DOWN AS LONG AS ALL MONEY IS DISTRIBUTED TO THE MEMBERS

IE IF YOU ARE A MEMBER OF A LEISURE CENTRE AND IT SHUTS DOWN ARE YOU GOING TO TAKE IT OVER ,, mmmmmm doubt it :wacko:

IF YOU ARE A MEMBER OF A LEISURE CENTRE AND IT SHUTS DOWN ARE YOU GOING TO TAKE IT OVER
It's hardly the same though is it?

YOU PAY YOUR MEMBERSHIP FEES AND THEY PROVIDE A SERVICE JUST LIKE FED.

TOO TRUE, presumably some one owns the centre...........the FED COMMITTEE DO NOT OWN THE FEDERATION GROUP........ :angry:

Jojess don't forget there was no fed committee as of 3 days ago!! :D

Personally i just think its a bit selfish closing down an organisation just because you feel like. the fed could be taken over by someone who would put it back to the way it was a few year back.

What (was) the fed commitee fail to grasp is that there dog failed a drug test under the bwra which didnt result in any action by the bwra ......fair enough. But under there own stupid ruleing they had to ban themselves for 2 yrs....its a stupid rule regardless BUT they should have stuck to there own rules...........if we have to race under conditions like that then so should you.

if the fed was'nt so power crazy over drug testing and banning people then it would'nt have come to this.

i cant help thinking that folding the fed was done out of spite.......but so what, if you are going to be that selfish any organisation is better off without you.

:angry: NO ONE because that paticular FED is no more :angry:

FAIR COMMENT MICHELLE IM SURE IT DOES LOOK SELFISH TO SOME PEOPLE,BUT IF THERES THAT MANY PEOPLE WANTING THINGS TO CHANGE HOW THE NWRF WAS RUN,IM SURE IT WOULD BE POSSIBLE TO SET UP THEIR OWN ORGANISATION EXAMPLE IRG :thumbsup:

EXACTLY BECAUSE THE FED IS NO MORE SO WHY NOT JUST START ANOTHER ORG AS IM SURE THERE ARE PLENTY OF PEOPLE WILLING :p

No one can just fold a group of any kind and keep the money, books, equipment

etc. We have been involved with many animal recue committees and child care, welfare etc for years now. If the NWRF has been folded for what ever reason, and a new committee is not allowed to continue running the group. Then all the money,books etc should be handed to a founder member if there is still any living.

In other words it is all handed back to the people who started the body, if the body can not continue with new leadership.

Pauline

im only going back a few year but the fed was a completely different organisation as it is today, and ive listened to people who have made good comments about the fed which is fair enough. but if you see how it was then and how it is now.......theres a big difference.

The fed just shouldnt close because someones having a paddy over a meeting. the fed has history and if the fed is no more than years of decent racing, great events etc just goes down the pan!!!! what about people who have donated trophys to opens that get run for year in year out just to be chucked to one side because of 2 people?????? its just chucking away years of racing history, what about the championship supreme trophys......are they gonna end up on ebay in a few years because the fed folded????????.

I think a new fed organisation will be formed and hopefully any trophies which mean something to people who genuinely love racing will be returned and will carry on being raced for, for many years to come.

BUT IF THERES THAT MANY PEOPLE WANTING THINGS TO CHANGE HOW THE NWRF WAS RUN
Ritchie there's not that many people would change the way it was as an organisation, but there are certain things that could have been resolved ammiccably, way before it got to this point!

I will miss the NWRF as i'm sure a lot of people will. I cant complain about any of the fed race meetings i've ever attended, the racing & organisation was always spot on. The handicap was a welcome change from the BWRA.

EXACTLY BECAUSE THE FED IS NO MORE SO WHY NOT JUST START ANOTHER ORG AS IM SURE THERE ARE PLENTY OF PEOPLE WILLING
It's ok saying that but the fed has been around for a bloody long time, how do you think the founders would feel about it being chucked away like that? There is no decent excuse i can think of for it folding, if there are people out there willing to take over & still lots of members why should another group be started up when there's a perfectly good one already in existence?

rowland said:
                TO APPLY RULE 10 OF THE N.W.R.F.GENERAL RULES
(IN THE EVENT OF THE FEDERATION CEASING TO OPERATE ALL MONEY HELD BY THE FEDERATION SHALL BE RE-DISTRIBUTED AMONGST CURRENT MEMBERS).

N.W.R.F.CEASED TO OPERATE 16/1/04

TONY WEATHERSON (SECRETARY/TREASURER).
the commitee resigned 3 days ago and the fed ceased to operate so surely the rule below stands.(hope ive done this right never tried before.....lol)

What about the equipment ie: ( new traps and camera )that was bought out of sponsorship that was given by seaham council ....

For any concerned a new NWRF committee will be put in place on Sunday at Asfordby, Melton Mowbray on 18th January 2004, you cannot close what does not belong to you Tony and Yvonne.

The only problem i have with rule 10 ..is that the member don't want the federation to cease...so who do you know other than Tony and Yvonne that do ????

I also noticed that TONY WEATHERSON (SECRETARY/TREASURER signed it ..sorry hes not a fed committee member any more, so cannot make decisions like this any more.....

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back