The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

N.W.R.F. FOLDED

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Tony Taylor said:
Typical of the current NWRF committee. First they resign and then after they have resigned they take it upon themselves to fold the NWRF. Sorry but if you have resigned then you have no authority to make such a descion.This is just the type of behaviour we have come to expect of those running the NWRF - an organisation that seems to have been run purely for the self promotion of a few people.

Perhaps they don`t want anyone else to have access to information as to what has happened in the past or access to the finances of the NWRF or perhaps they are just acting as selfish spoilsports.

The downfall of the organisation lies totaly with those who have mismanaged it.[/

Have to agree with this....

THE RULE THAT WAS POSTED BY TONY CLEARLY STATES THAT IF THE NWRF CEASES TO OPERATE THAT IT WOULD BE FOLDED AS THERE ARE NO COMMITTEE MEMBERS THE NWRF HAS CEASED TO OPERATE THEFORE IT HAS BEEN FOLDED .

PEOPLE WERE MOANING THAT THEY DIDNT STICK TO THE RULES NOW THAT THEY ARE PEOPLE ARE STILL MOANING :wacko:

surely folding the fed is a last ditch effort......ie no members or nobody willing to take over. this has been done deliberately they knew a meeting was being held and they knew a new comitee would be voted on, so why fold it when itwas in the process of being sorted?......is it a case that if they cant run it, nobody can!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Sorry Ritchie we will have to agree to disagree on this one, there are still lots of members so i dont see that as the NWRF ceasing to operate, just because the committee have resigned, there is no need for it to fold, it is the members which are the backbone to any organisation!!!

folded in the eyes of a few .....but not the majority of the fed members

i have up untill now sat in the back ground looking at all the comments being made against Tony and Yvonne. I can say it hurts to read to the posts that that have been put across. I tried for over a year to get a pup but as I was not in the in the know i was always turned down. Tony and Yvonne gave me the chance to go racing with the big boys!. They gave me a pup, a video of the parents racing highlights.they could do no more to help get me into Non Ped Racing. In my opinion

Tony sand yvonne would never give any substance to there dogs to improve performance. However I have always said that zero tolerance would never work. Yvonne was so determind in her mission against drugs that she felt it was the only way, to rid our sport of the possibility of drug abouse. I was not in racing when the Batsons and Irene were banned but loooking at the reasons for bans being implimented, yes i feel double standards have been set but I am confinced that Tony and Yvonne would never give anything to improve their dogs performance. I have travelled more than anyone over the last two years with only one dog in the car. nine seconds later im out three hundred miles from home, still I can watch Mad Mick win again, if you love dogs you should enjoy seeing the great dogs of the time performing. This is where it is going wrong two many racers are only interested in there own dogs, even going to Scotland for the Derby, to lose first race and spend the next two days in the pub. Is this showiing interest in the up and comming pups, or the legends from the past I dont think so. I would like to say I will be looking for my second dog but unless big changes are made this is looking unlightly.All races must look at ways that will help our sport survive in the very difficult times that are upon our sport at this time.

ritchie said:
THE RULE THAT WAS POSTED BY TONY CLEARLY STATES THAT IF THE NWRF CEASES TO OPERATE THAT IT WOULD BE FOLDED AS THERE ARE NO COMMITTEE MEMBERS THE NWRF HAS CEASED TO OPERATE THEFORE IT HAS BEEN FOLDED .PEOPLE WERE MOANING THAT THEY DIDNT STICK TO THE RULES NOW THAT THEY ARE PEOPLE ARE STILL MOANING :wacko:
Why do you think that just because the committe have left the NWRF that the organisation has to fold. New committe members can be elected and are available to run the organisation. There are committee members of the NWRF .

Please point to the rule that states the committee have the right to fold the NWRF.

Please point to the rule that states that ex committee members have any say in the executive decesion of the NWRF.

The committee haven`t stuck by the rules , they are just making them up to suit themselves - as usual. If they had stuck by their own rules they would be dis-qualified from their posistions as committee members and could not make any choices over the future of the NWRF.

Personaly I think they have poisoned the NWRF to such an extent that it can`t be resurected anyway, but I hope I`m wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:
You should drink more Tony - you got it in one there!!!

I stated on the sight "N.W.R.F. RESIGNS" that I had in the past seen the books, and wonder if this has anything to do with the latest situation. I didn't like the look of the mismanagement of the funds then, and personally feel that this hadn't changed. The statement they have given over the distribution of funds must be a worry to everyone; what funds?. The Fed. was set up as a non profit organisation and therefore should only have a couple of quid to spare. Just remember money was being set aside from entries to pay for an extra camera etc., so are the members to believe that this money has unnecessarily been held back?

If there is nothing to hide then allow the members to see the books, because otherwise just about everyone will believe the worst of you.

Just a small point for some of you to consider if you read what you have written about the ex-fed committee, a lot of Harold Shipmans patients thought he was a very nice man, some that are still alive still do. HOW WRONG YOU CAN BE.

I think the chances of the "ordinary" members seeing accurate accounts of the NWRF are slim to none. The NWRF "problem" with it`s accounts must be whippet racings worst kept " secret ".

Whoever was treasurer of the NWRF could have some awkward questions to answer.

michelle said:
im only going back a few year but the fed was a completely different organisation as it is today, and ive listened to people who have made good comments about the fed which is fair enough. but if you see how it was then and how it is now.......theres a big difference. chucking away years of racing history, what about the The fed just shouldnt close because someones having a paddy over a meeting. the fed has history and if the fed is no more than years of decent racing, great events etc just goes down the pan!!!! what about people who have donated trophys to opens that get run for year in year out just to be chucked to one side because of 2 people?????? its just championship supreme trophys......are they gonna end up on ebay in a few years because the fed folded????????.

I think a new fed organisation will be formed and hopefully any trophies which mean something to people who genuinely love racing will be returned and will carry on being raced for, for many years to come.
chucking away years of racing history, what about the The fed just shouldnt close because someones having a paddy over a meeting. the fed has history and if the fed is no more than years of decent racing, great events etc just goes down the pan!!!! what about people who have donated trophys to opens that get run for year in year out just to be chucked to one side because of 2 people?????? its just championship supreme trophys.....:angry: WELL SAID I TOO HAVE SAT IN THE BACKGROUND AND SAID NOTHING BUT THE TIME AS COME TO SPEAK UP,THERE IS A LOT OF HISTORY BEING DISCARDED BY THE SAID PEOPLE ONLY HOPE IT WILL BE SORTED OUT TOMORROW AT THE MEETING,SOMEHOW I DONT THINK IT WOULD BE THE SAME RUNNING WITHOUT THE N.W.R.F. :angry:p.S. ALL MONEY SHARED OUT BETWEEN EXISTING MEMBERS, WHICH MEMBERS 2003 OR 2004

Last edited by a moderator:
This is Steve not Karen-- what has happened to the new committee members we heard had been co-opted onto the fed i.e. Chris and Scotty i did not see where they had resigned?

Having read but not contributed to this topic I feel that the question regarding wether the fed has or has not folded to be easily resolved, if you remember like me that the Fed was originally started and has or should have been, run By members for members.The Fed would then only be disolved following a vote from the membership.I do not know any of the people who are in conflict so I have no axe to grind,but I do remember Bob Osman as far back as when he ran Sing On Monalee and his brindle dog who I think was called Shabby Tiger and you can be sure of one thing. If he is as honest and straight talking and as forward thinking now as he was then,your Fed will suffer no ill with his guidance.Who knows maybe old timers like myself may even aspire to race again

what has happened to the new committee members we heard had been co-opted onto the fed i.e. Chris and Scotty i did not see where they had resigned?
From what Peter said on that topic, he was not on the committee, but had agreed to be the photographer.

If it helps anyone. The N..W.R.F. was formed in 1976 and the founder members were;-

V. ANGELL

R. CLAYTON

P. HENSON

K. ROBINSON

B. WILLIAMS

B. COLLEY

B. COOKE

H. GODBER

G. WIGFIELD (secretary)

Good luck for the meeting tomorrow.

i think that it will now be fair alround as they should have banned themselves anyway after having a possitive drugs test and it is zero tolerance.They should also be striped of any titles won as a rule in the rule book states any dog foundd possitive at the bwra will be banned frrom the nwrf so does that mean they will be no longer running .i have heared the fed was run well but it is selfish that they think they can do what they want .its bad enough and will they hand all equipment back as the members will suffer and thoes what have won titles last year and willl have no trophys to show for it as there not the feds the tropys are the members as members pay entry fees . :oops:

surely the fed cant be folded when theres still an active membership wanting to carry on. the members must be given a chance to form a new commitee and if one is selected all fed s belongings should be returned to the new commitee so that the history is not lost and raceing can carry on for us all to enjoy. i live in hope.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back