Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Nastiness in the forum!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BAZ1191

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
I have been reading these forums for a few months now and it seems to me that SOME of the moderators on here (not all) are very opinionated and bias towards certain topics, and victimise certain parties! :oops:

I posted a message about a certain topic yesterday (I basically said the topic was irrelevant and causing more trouble) which is not an offensive comment but for a moderator to set a topic off like that....well :x !!! and because the moderator wasn't happy with my comment it was deleted, the whole topic, maybe because I was correct in what I was saying??? :p

But I have noticed that some people pull other people to bits on here, but when the tables turn it gets deleted, edited or locked because the moderators don't agree, but they shouldn't use that power to do this, OTHER PEOPLE HAVE OPINIONS TOO!! :angry: In fact I think moderators should not be bias at all, or if they are they shouldn’t show it on here!

As for Tony and Yvonne, I have kept quiet all along but for once would just like to air my views for a change. I know they are nice people, and as for this drugs business.... no way would they do something like that. If they were into that then why would they give Skye (Atlanta) away?? :unsure: We all know she ain't the fastest bitch but why not enhance her performance with the use of drugs instead of giving her away?? Coz they aren't like that!!! They still think a lot about Skye and keep in touch with us and when Skye sees Yvonne and Tony you can tell she still thinks a lot about them too! :wub: Tony and Yvonne has helped us get into Whippet racing and have give us loads of help and support, along with loads of other people they have helped! And they don't deserve this crap on here! :(

But just because I have my opinion doesn’t mean that I want to be childish and not get on with those who think opposite, I respect that they have their own opinions too! :cheers:

A lot of people on here are saying ‘we want to see the fun come back into the sport‘ so why not cut the c**p and get on with it!!

Its about time things got put to bed now though and we should all act like grown ups and get the racing and this forum back to what its mean to be for……our lovely whippets! :thumbsup: :cheers:

Lets just see if this message gets edited etc.

YES BAZ THIS WAS A LOVELY FORUM ,TILL THE NWRF POSTED THEY RESIGNED AND WANTED TO FOLD THE FED ..I KNOW MAYBE THAT DOES NOT AFFECT YOU VERY MUCH , BUT IT DOES ALOT OF MEMBERS WHEN WE HAVE PAID INTO IT ALOT OF YEARS TO BE TOLD , THEY DON'T WANT IT TO RUN ANYMORE ,CAUSE THEY CANNOT RUN IT ,

AS FAR AS HELLBOUND TESTING POSITIVE IT IN BLACK AND WHITE ...THEY BANNED ALOT OF NICE PEOPLE OUT OF THE SPORT TOO..AND THESE PEOPLE NEVER SAW ANY EVIDENCE

YOU ARE RIGHT ..ITS GETTING BORING NOW ..OLD NEWS AS FAR AS ALOT OF PEOPLE ARE CONCERNED ON HERE...THATS WHY TILL THIS TOPIC YOU JUST POSTED WE WERE TRYING TO COOL IT DOWN

Considering this post is aimed at me i thought it only polite to reply :D

That thread got deleted because it was causing trouble your right (like this one will!!!) - but it got twisted by certain people into something it wasn't! It was a simple enough question & thanks to those people who bothered to reply without exaggerating it i can understand why some people might go anonymous now. It wasnt aimed at anyone inparticular.

You might want to read the posting rules & see why topics/threads get deleted, it had nothing to do with you having a different opinion, if that was the case the biggest threads on this site would have been deleted because we all have different opinions!

No-where in *that topic* did i mention Yvonne & Tony / Rowland yet your insistant on bringing them into it for some reason.

I basically said the topic was irrelevant and causing more trouble
IMO this topic is doing exactly the same

for a moderator to set a topic off like that....well  !!!
The topic wasnt "do you hate such n such" or "Do you think such n such's dog is on drugs", then it would have been an inappropriate topic for a moderator to start, considering the same posting rules apply to the moderators as the normal members.

Like i said it was a simple enough question "Why all the anonymous viewers?" How is that nasty?

and victimise certain parties!
Who have i victimised?

You? Because i deleted a topic which had 20+ replies of which you were one? Everyone who has a post deleted probably thinks they are being victimised, we're simply following posting rules!

Or Yvonne & Tony? because i actually believe their dog wouldnt have found time given the substances found in it's test but the fact i don't agree with not handing the organisations equipment over? I *personally* have never had a problem with either, i've always found Tony to be a nice guy & very helpful in all the years i have raced.

I wasn't talking about people posting under a false name (thats not what i meant by anonymous) i don't have a problem with people doing this so long as they aren't trolling (like some people in that thread obviously were) and have been removed from the forum.

Last edited by a moderator:
the moderators are entitled to our own opinions just like everyone else. we all race (as have done for quite a long time) and if we have an opinion on something we will voice it(provided we stick to the posting rules :D )

certain topics get locked/deleted if they are either going to cause trouble(see locked topic from last week,which i felt was started on purpose to cause trouble) or disrupt the forum, we try not to delete topics and where possible we try and edit. i didnt see what happened to yesterdays topic but from what i heard it couldnt be edited so it was deleted.

BAZ1191 said:
I posted a message about a certain topic yesterday (I basically said the topic was irrelevant and causing more trouble) which is not an offensive comment but for a moderator to set a topic off like that....well :x !!! and because the moderator wasn't happy with my comment it was deleted, the whole topic,
Well that has answered my query then - I looked and looked and looked for the thread of a topic which had been going on about anonymity and simply couldn't find it.

It seems right and proper to me that moderators are at liberty to edit/delete posts at any time - after all, they are the ones in charge and doing most of the work - but a small request to the moderators from one not so good at finding their way around the various subjects .......would you just inform us if topics have been deleted or moved -just to save time please ??

(I am asking this politely, and in the nicest way possible - not trying to rock the boat!) - many thanks.

would you just inform us if topics have been deleted or moved -just to save time please ??
This has now been done for anyone else interested in finding that topic!!

I agree all this nastiness should stop and everyone should get back to enjoying whippet racing whicht is a sport every age group can enjoy. I hope all the differences between the NEW FED and TONY & YVONNE can be sorted out soon. WOODY

OK i'm not a non ped racer but from reading all the threads over many months it apears to me that if those intent on causing problems and falling out put half as much effort into making racing better you would have one hell of an organisation.

I think it's time you all :huggles: and start having a :cheers: together rather than :rant: all the time.

:thumbsup:

BAZ says that Tony and Yvonne are nice people, and he is entitled to his opinion of them just as much as anyone else is. It's not for us to choose other peoples friends. They are certainly not mine and nor a few others either whether it be what they post on this site ,or otherwise. Up until such time as they had a positive result Yvonne would stand at the side of a running track and call Jane Poole a cheat as she ran by in full earshot of other runners, and I won't print what she would call Gill Hardy as she ran by. So I don't like them, now lets keep our personal nastiness to ourselves. I've a feeling this may be edited but the truth of some people never gets heard.

Hey Vicky, sorry! I just took it that it was my comment that caused it to be deleted (coz it happened like 5 minutes after)!! I think have over exaggerated a bit, I apologise. :cheers: And yeah, you and Denise are right, i have just probably caused even more s**t now, thats why i am saying sorry! :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back