The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Natures Diet??

k4tie-d

StarR Collars
Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
does anyone feed this?

where is the best/cheapest place to get it from?

Lots of discussions about Nature diet on TWF - I know there are lots of ppl who feed it as an alternative to raw and are very happy with it.

I have fed it to mine on occasion, when on holiday for example and I think it is a great substitute, just rather dear in comparison.

rls22 said:
Lots of discussions about Nature diet on TWF - I know there are lots of ppl who feed it as an alternative to raw and are very happy with it.I have fed it to mine on occasion, when on holiday for example and I think it is a great substitute, just rather dear in comparison.

yes i got them it today and they seem to like it, but being 76p per tray its quite dear thats why i wondered where people bought it to try get the best deal, even if it mean buying bulk :thumbsup:

k4tie-d said:
rls22 said:
Lots of discussions about Nature diet on TWF - I know there are lots of ppl who feed it as an alternative to raw and are very happy with it.I have fed it to mine on occasion, when on holiday for example and I think it is a great substitute, just rather dear in comparison.

yes i got them it today and they seem to like it, but being 76p per tray its quite dear thats why i wondered where people bought it to try get the best deal, even if it mean buying bulk :thumbsup:

go to your local butcher explain what your doing ask him to mince all his trim meat etc when he is boning out, bingo fresh meat from a source that you know is reputable cheap fresh and your doing him a favour

masta said:
k4tie-d said:
rls22 said:

go to your local butcher explain what your doing ask him to mince all his trim meat etc when he is boning out, bingo fresh meat from a source that you know is reputable cheap fresh and your doing him a favour

as much as id love to do that, i dont have the facilitys to store fresh meat, or frozen for that matter. after reading some of rachels posts i looked up the natures diet and it seems the best alternative, so im just trying to find the best place to get it from :cheers:

I'm not sure if they still do this but you used to be able to order it directly from them for about 50p a tray. Give them a ring to find out. I think it has to be in bulk though but I'm not sure how much they class as bulk! I've never ordered it myself that way but I know of people who have. Have you tried them on it first? My 2 aren't that keen on it so I'd hate to think you'd bought loads and they didn't like it :p

Can I just ask, do you always freeze the meat first before you give it to your dog or do you feed it fresh :blink:

My two love NatureDiet. I have bought it from Pet-Supermarket in trays of 18 but it still works out at 75p a tray, which is the same as Pets at Home. But I usually feed it with Arden Grange or James Wellbeloved so they get a bit of variety. That way it lasts longer too! :thumbsup:

Mine prefer Forthglade Menu which is the same sort of thing as Naturediet, it comes in boxes of 18 for £11.00. I buy it from Albion Meats which is where I get my frozen tripe, lamb, chicken necks/wings etc. The Lifestage range comes in Puppy, Adult and Senior either Chicken or Lamb flavour.

littlenell said:

Can I just ask, do you always freeze the meat first before you give it to your dog or do you feed it fresh :blink:

Both,looked at the Neospora problem and really couldnt find any conclusive evidence to support freezing everytime, i would for the first year of a dogs life they are more susectable when younger but most dogs are carriers anyway

k4tie-d said:
masta said:
k4tie-d said:
rls22 said:

as much as id love to do that, i dont have the facilitys to store fresh meat, or frozen for that matter. after reading some of rachels posts i looked up the natures diet and it seems the best alternative, so im just trying to find the best place to get it from :cheers:

buy a 2nd hand freezer £50, you mentioned buying natures diet in bulk how would you keep that

dessie said:
Mine prefer Forthglade Menu which is the same sort of thing as Naturediet, it comes in boxes of 18 for £11.00.  I buy it from Albion Meats which is where I get my frozen tripe, lamb, chicken necks/wings etc. The Lifestage range comes in Puppy, Adult and Senior either Chicken or Lamb flavour.
Yes this is what mine prefer too. I must admit I quite like the smell of the lamb one and I'm a veggie :lol:

They also do loads and loads of flavours of vacuum packed meats but you have to put a mixer biscuit in with that. Mine like Denes wholemeal mixer.

masta said:
k4tie-d said:
masta said:
k4tie-d said:
rls22 said:

buy a 2nd hand freezer £50, you mentioned buying natures diet in bulk how would you keep that

ive been through this a few times on many threads, my kitchen is the size or a shoe box, and we have no built in cuboards, or spare rooms, so as kids room is jammed as it is, and living room has the dogs crate and our bedroom has OH's office at one side there is nowhere to put one, and as we have no garage and the shed is at the opposite end of the garden with no electricity feeding barf is not an option, for us just now.

i do have space under the sink where i keep dog and cat food to keep a fair amount, which is why i said i could buy bulk :thumbsup:

jezza said:
dessie said:
Mine prefer Forthglade Menu which is the same sort of thing as Naturediet, it comes in boxes of 18 for £11.00.  I buy it from Albion Meats which is where I get my frozen tripe, lamb, chicken necks/wings etc. The Lifestage range comes in Puppy, Adult and Senior either Chicken or Lamb flavour.
Yes this is what mine prefer too. I must admit I quite like the smell of the lamb one and I'm a veggie :lol:

They also do loads and loads of flavours of vacuum packed meats but you have to put a mixer biscuit in with that. Mine like Denes wholemeal mixer.

I've discovered mine like Morrison's wholewheat mixer, even my old boy who has Cushings and is quite picky. He won't eat raw tripe at the moment but loves his Forthglade and mixer!!

dessie said:
jezza said:
dessie said:

I've discovered mine like Morrison's wholewheat mixer, even my old boy who has Cushings and is quite picky. He won't eat raw tripe at the moment but loves his Forthglade and mixer!!

Hmmm that sounds like it could be cheaper than Denes so worth a try :D I found them to be quite fussy about mixers but I suppose it is a bit boring! They eat all the meat and then give a resigned sigh before eating the biscuits :lol:

jezza said:

Hmmm that sounds like it could be cheaper than Denes so worth a try :D I found them to be quite fussy about mixers but I suppose it is a bit boring! They eat all the meat and then give a resigned sigh before eating the biscuits :lol:

It seems to be more like the old style Winalot biscuit (but more yellow in colour), and althogh most of mine are not fussy and will eat any sort of biscuit/mixer, they scoff this one!

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back