The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Need Help And Advice

xEmiliex

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Ok i'm not great at spelling or putting in full stops etc please bare with me first i'll tell you abit about us

I'm Emilie i'm married to Trevor we have two children one of two and one of 9months i'm also 15wks pregnant with our third child we have poppie our 8yr old cross whippet /jack russell and lily our 18 month old whippet and a 7 month old kitten

We need help and advice with lily i don't realy know where to start so bare with me

Her problems

She jumps up at people

She can't be left alone no even for 5 mins she rips the place to bits

She chews everything even the beds and duvets

She has a cage but knows how to move it around the room and still chew up and will go a toilet in it

if you try and move her off the sofas which ive never allowed them on she will go for me

she doesn't do a thing shes told

she can slip a collar,a harness and even undo a lend

it might not sound much but if i was to leave her here and pop to the shop by the time i got back she would of chewed everything she can and gone a toilet on the floor must add shes normaly housetrainned shes ruling my life we can't leave her at all last week i left her and went to the shops i came home and she had even undo make up tubs and ate it shes chewed up books,daughters teddies,dolls,bed,duvet,duvet covers,toothpaste,toilet rolls,creams,even her own beds its getting to much

she will go a toilet everywhere if left alone even if shes taken out before shes run at least twice a day sometimes taken 3 times she has to come everywhere with me and jumps up at people in the street if people come in our house she will jump up at them and wont stop and has just started nipping them too

ive tried given hey toys and chews before going out it doesnt help

shes very hard work

also shes now 18 months old and never had a season is this normal?

she gets on the sofas and beds even tho i tell her to get off shes bite me twice not hard just nips

the problem is shes so much hard work we are taking her trainning in feb as stuff ive tried has never worked shes more hard work than my children but if things don't change i will have to rehome her which i don't want to do because even through a problems shes a lovely dog great with the children very soft just lovely got a heart of gold but on the other hand shes hell shes taking over my life everything is around her :( its not easy shes making me so depressed and my stress level is through the roof any help would be great

:( Oh dear. Poor you. It sounds like she needs a sturdy metal crate and some reinforcement of the pack order and reinforcement of toilet training. I'm sure you'll get lots of good advice on here, and you can look in the FAQ section for advice on crate training, toilet training etc. Good luck and welcome to the forum :luck:

HI THER SOUNDS VERY BAD FIRSTLY SEE A VET ABOUT THE SEASON AND THE BAD BEHAVER THER MIGHT BE SOMTHING MEDICALY WRONG WITH HER.

CAN YOU PIP POINT WHEN IT ALL STARTED THERE MIGHT BE A CONNECTION TO SOMETHING THAT HAS CHANGED IN HER LIFE.

DONT BLAIME YOURSELF SOUNDS LIKE EVERYONE ELSE IS OK.

TRY AND STAY CALM AND REMEMBER SHE IS ONLY A BABY I BET YOU WILL GET IT SORTED

BY THE WAY I CANT SPELL EATHER IF YOU DIDENT NOTICE HA HA

CONGRATS ON THE NEW BABY

GOOD LUCK :)

oh em this sounds terrible!!! there certainly is something serious going on, has she always been naughty and been allowed to do as she wants? or has something changed in her / your life? this maybe a reaction to some thing she fears? i have one that will EAT my doors and frames when I leave her, i have taking to muzzling her when i go out and she is more interested in trying to get that off! i certainly would seek advice form maybe a vet ot a behaviourist? little madam has a temper by sounds of it and will let you know she is unhappy!!! :- " the pack order has no order too by sounds of it? :huggles:

sounds like you have your hands full there :blink:

certainly sounds like you need to get her sorted before the new baby comes :unsure:

good luck, and congratulations on the baby :huggles: :luck: :luck:

Young whippet bitches can be very naughty and lively, but I've never heard of such a bad case before. (w00t) She does sound rather nightmarish.

I can't offer any advice except to say that it's probably worth getting in a behaviourist as she does sound like she has a lot of issues to deal with and needs a different training approach. She does sound an extreme case.

Failing that, I wouldn't blame you for trying to rehome her in your current circumstances. :unsure: Is she from working lines possibly and needs more stimulation? (I don't mean this unkindly)

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back