The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Need Help Ill Whippet Bitch

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
hi everyone its so great to have someone to talk to when sumut like this happens update on buffy she spent the weekend at the vets on steriod treatment and a drip with fluid and antibiotics i think they were covering all bases after i lost it with them lol anyway went to collect her last night the change in her is dramatic she is happier and more free moving than she was all last week she is still on tablets and will be for a while yet and has to have complete rest this week no steps or stairs and only on a lead out to back for toilet but fingers crossed we are on the road to recovery back to vets next mon for check up just hoping she keeps on improving now only prob i have with her at mo is that she is picky with food cause she thinks i am putting something in it lol ( tablets ) sometimes i think their too clever for thier own good .... i have to say if it wasnt for this site i would not have known about SRM and i dread to think what would have happened to her as the vet didnt really have any ideas so a BIG THANK YOU to u all :wub: :) :D

Ill whippets are such sad little things so I am really pleased she's on the road to recovery. :thumbsup: Hope everything continues going well. :luck:

now only prob i have with her at mo is that she is picky with food cause she thinks i am putting something in it lol ( tablets ) sometimes i think their too clever for thier own good
I am so pleased to hear she is on steroids and feeling better.

Please don't worry about her picking at food - in a few days you will have the opposite problem as the steroids will give her an appetite like you wouldn't believe! She will eat everything in sight, steal and hunt. You will struggle (as I have) to keep her weight in check. Second time around I am winning the battle as I'm just more determined than she is!!

Harden your heart, hawky - don't overfeed your girl!! :wacko:

Great news!

Like Tigernidster said.....she will suddenly want to eat anything and everything! :thumbsup:

So pleased, fingers crossed for her speedy recovery

I buy Asda's value cheese slices - they are thin, but wrap wonderfully round tablets. I'm not mean but I use one slice over about 4-5 days :teehee: At 40p for 10 slices, it's a really cheap and easy way to disguise tablets. My old girl is on Vivitonin, and they must taste horrible, as she spits them out with disgust! So it gets wrapped in a strip off a slice of cheese :thumbsup:

thanks to everyone for their advice and ideas she is so much better today u wouldnt believe its the same dog im so glad i persivered with telling the vet what u all said this time last week i thought she was dying so a BIG THANK YOU to u all from me and Buffy :wub:

I am so glad to read your girl is starting to feel much better. It must be a relief seeing her more like her usual self, wishing her a speedy recovery :huggles:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back