The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

New Camera,olympus E400 10 Megie's

billyboy45

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Took Pyper for a wee walk up the road there,just to get a pic or 2 before it was to dark.It's deffinately going to take a while to get onto this one,but im enrolling in a digital camera course tomorrow,that start's in mid september.Bought a Canon 350D yesterday,but the focus in the view finder was'nt working.Turned out the camera was faulty,so it put me off buying another one of them.Hope this we beuty is as good as they say. new_cam__s_first_pix_005.jpg

Ahead shot of Pyper.Ihavent got a clue what im doin with this thing,as ive never in my life ,had an SLR camera,so if thing's can only get better,then i'll be well chuffed.new_cam__s_first_pix_004__2_.jpg

Nice photo's Billy, keep the hand steady and you'll notice a big difference....all being well you'll be kept busy taking shots of Tara's pups....just hope you're not going to turn into a dirty old perv at the camera class.. :- "

Olympus E400 was recommended to me as a good camera :thumbsup:

Shame about the 350D, first time I've heard of a faulty camera although Canon do have a bit of a poor reputation when it comes to calibrating their L series Lenses.

You might want to get as low an aperture as possible for potrait shots, it'll throw the background out of focus, giving a nice creamy look whilst keeping the dogs head super sharp.

ginpitfun043.jpg

17062007029.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
wild whippies said:
Olympus E400 was recommended to me as a good camera :thumbsup: Shame about the 350D, first time I've heard of a faulty camera although Canon do have a bit of a poor reputation when it comes to calibrating their L series Lenses.

You might want to get as low an aperture as possible for potrait shots, it'll throw the background out of focus, giving a nice creamy look whilst keeping the dogs head super sharp.

ginpitfun043.jpg

17062007029.jpg

God if only you new how ive picked your brains :lol:

ta

keith x

LOL! I'm sure Billy doesn't mind me trying to help, he's mithered me enough so I'm gona nagg him silly in return. ;)

dazgail said:
Nice photo's Billy, keep the hand steady and you'll notice a big difference....all being well you'll be kept busy taking shots of Tara's pups....just hope you're not going to turn into a dirty old perv at the camera class.. :- "
pmsl, super pics are those Billy, my hands shake like the clappers these days, as though ive been raised on a shivering tit :lol:

keith

Keith bring your elbows in close to your body when you shoot it should help. Failing that, increase your shutter speed or buy a lens with Image Stabilisation.

wild whippies said:
Keith bring your elbows in close to your body when you shoot it should help. Failing that, increase your shutter speed or buy a lens with Image Stabilisation.
Thanks for that, but i use sports mode most of the time, isnt the shutter speed automatically set, as for bringing my elbows in close to my body, will do just that tomorrow, ive got a sigma 70-300mm lens to damn heavy, when out as long as i am some days, so now i use a canon 55-200m usm, im happy with it, in my opinion its all the lens i will ever need.

Thanks ever so much for the tips, and sorry if im encroaching on your thread young billy

:cheers:

keith

All i have at the mo,is a 17.5 - 45 len's,that came with the camera.It's a ZUIKO len's,which are supposed to be good.But then what do i know,eh.Keith.If that 70 - 300 would fit this thing,i would have it of you some time.But i guess i'll be right skint for a couple of month;s now.Took a lot of back breakin sweat to get this camera,so i hope i can justify it,somewhere along the line.Thank's for the wee bit of imfo about the head shot's Jaq.Will try that tomorrow,along with other's im reading about. Hey,im getting old now,and one does need a hobby of some sort to keep one's mind in focus. ...Billy...

Look forward to them Billy, hope you get lots of enjoyment out of your new camera :thumbsup:

aaah, i wondered how people get such brilliant shots of their dogs

ill pass some of this info onto my brothers who will have their cameras out this weekend, thanks everyone, its good to have a few tips for us complete novices :thumbsup:

Billy, i have beeen rushed off my feet since i have been in Cornwall but i will get some pics of Stern as soon as i am able, he looks very much like your Pyper - 'ansome! (as we say in these parts :lol: )

midlanderkeith said:
wild whippies said:
Olympus E400 was recommended to me as a good camera :thumbsup: Shame about the 350D, first time I've heard of a faulty camera although Canon do have a bit of a poor reputation when it comes to calibrating their L series Lenses.

ginpitfun043.jpg

17062007029.jpg

ta

keith x

Found this one today.It was taken with the DMC-FZ7,while i was on holiday's a few week's ago.Just not what im looking for,but the actual shot was'nt bad.Am having trouble with these blurry background's,but hopefully it will sort itself out.

Caught this one with the DMC-FZ7HOLIDAY_PIX_016__2_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
billyboy45 said:
midlanderkeith said:
wild whippies said:

ginpitfun043.jpg

17062007029.jpg

ta

keith x

Caught this one with the DMC-FZ7

I bet you are well pleased with that Billy, cracking pic

keith

midlanderkeith said:
billyboy45 said:
midlanderkeith said:
wild whippies said:

ginpitfun043.jpg

17062007029.jpg

ta

keith x

Caught this one with the DMC-FZ7

I bet you are well pleased with that Billy, cracking pic

keith

Did a bit of work with it on the Olympus softwear Kieth,and it made a massive difference,as the bitch seemed to stand out from the pic a lot more.But i cant find a way to tranfere it over to my pix for on here,so as i can post it.

Great pictures. Looking forward to seeing more with your new camera. :)

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back