The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

New FED Committee persons

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
After all the stink that was made over Mark posting on here (rightly or wrongly) it opened my eyes to some of the goings on re:drug testing & it seems there are quite a few racers had results come back (positive & negative) without ever seeing the letter from the lab - ASK FOR YOUR LETTER AS PROOF, FOR YOUR OWN BENEFIT IF NOTHING ELSE!!!

Who was the full fed committee at the time of steve & julies test, can't remember others apart from those already stated above.

Julie and Steve phoned Von @ Tony on numerous occasions asking to see the original copy from lab ...julies words "it was like coming up against a brick wall every time "

Julie knew that she would be targeted because of something that happened in the June of the same year they were banned ..

Also know for a fact that Irena never saw any original paper work either ..because she published it in a letter in the whippet news ..

i got a copy will post it but don't know how it will look...

:D You always have been a clever girl Lisa.

STAND UP FOR YOUR RIGHTS TO RACE BABY, WE SUPPORT YOU ALL THE WAY.

We love you lots xxxxxxx

Give Dee and Gary a big lick from us :*

All our love to you all Pauline, Ken and Kevin :cheers: xxx

090104-test.jpg
copy of ireans letter in whippet news :oops: trying to make it a bit smaller :- "

Last edited by a moderator:
You do get a copy of the full test results from the B.W.R.A committee.

I know Von and Tony did.

Pauline

I might nip in to see Julie this comming wek and ask her if she would still have the letter and if she would like it put on here along with her comments if she has any . I think its all in the past for them as they seem quite happy racing greyhounds with the same success as they had with the whippets best of luck to them both lovely people and no one can tell me any different <

I feel kinda sick that its took till now for all this evidence to come out ....i consider myself as a friend of Julie and Steve's and wish i had done more at the time of there ban, but like many others did not understand drug testing etc at that time, and it has take me alot of research on it and the other matters surrounding it ...

It was alway going to be success for Julie and Steve in greyhounds as they are the type of people that were 100% dedicated to there dogs, if ever i had a problem with one of my lot and could not pin point it ..steve and Julie would alway help me out no matter what it was, and we were in competition all the time , due to racing bitch's

They threw in the towel immediately and who could blame them?

Friends or no friends- it shouldn't be down to that if you've been wronged-IMHO-it's very rare anyone will back you particularly if it suits and your dogs are successful. Harry (age12 at the time) and I have had experience of that-and I'll remember who the one person it was that did speak up for us directly.

Karen Boyd

as a person just coming back into the sport all this talk about drugs is very concerning all i hear on this site is about the positive samples taken of certain dogs i have been racing greyhounds the last 20 years before that i used to race whippets ,and of course theres rules about banned substances in the n.g.r.c. ,but the ruling body in this instance gives trainers a list of band drugs,to my knowledge the b.w.r.a. or the n.w.r.f. do not [corect me if iam wrong] so how can they ban anybody for illegal substances if people dont know what they are .dont get me wrong on this point i think all performance enhancement drugs sould be banned and owners reprimanded acordingly but for example somebody new getting in to the sport thats never run a dog in there lifes they do not no of some things that can be in foods or other dietry products that can bring a positive test result or a medication thatmay also do the same thing

i was at track the other day and people where talking about supressing bitches they had never supressed a bitch before and wanted to somebody sugested larabolum[not sure about spelling]but to my knowledge this is a banned drug but duratesin is not so how can people be sure what to feed ,supress orgive medication if they dont have guide lines to go by ,all right your going to have people shouting they should no whats going in to there races yes the person who;sbeen at the sport a while like me and probably most of yous can't be 100percent sure thats theres no hidden substances in the meat we buy or thepet food we buy that is why i think that zero tolerance is unworkable this is only my opinion

You're right Jeff-there should be clear guidelines.

May I also make it clear that Harry and I were not 'wronged' as I put it- over any drug issue.

Karen

I have to agree with Dee, it isnt worth stopping your bitch coming in to season, I had two six monthly bitches :angry: now they all bring each other in , :oops: a pain i know especially when going on your hollidays, :( i did try the tablet form of the pill the other year but they was only on it a week and i got cold feet, i was worried the tabs may harm the dogs so took them off it.......I have to agree also that zero tolerence is not workable :wacko: ;) :- "

;) LOOK WHAT HAPPENED TO CHLOE AFTER STOPPING HER SEASONS I USED

ORANDRONE & DURATESTONE,SHE RAN PATHETIC ON IT,I WASTED 3 YEARS OF HER RACING CAREER BY STOPPING HER SEASONS, BUT THE SAME THING DID NOT AFFECT SAMSARA,MY VET FRANCIS ALLEN TOLD ME IT AFFECTS SOME DOGS AND NOT OTHERS,I DONT THINK I WILL USE IT AGAIN :oops:

It was ORANDRONE i tried John, :b but i didn't give it time to see whether it affected the dogs as they were only on it for a week :oops: I thought i heard some where that even this pill was not to be used now :wacko:

i cannot believe it amazing grace has come back into season shes only gone 5 months since her last one ...

Mmmm there's another like mine then, sooooo annoying, does she bleed for a long time as well Dee? Ella comes in every 5 months then bleeds for 3 1/2 week poor thing!

Normal season only 2 weeks thank god ,, her mam blue goblins six monthly since she had the litter , was always yearly before that ..strange little things my lot ..gaz says the are little goloms off lord of the rings

Millie ( PINTSIZE) managed to go eight months in between her sesons last year :oops: so i am keeping my fingers crossed this year and hope she goes longer, :p hmmm but seeing as i have had four bitch's in season allredy this year :angry: i may not be keeping my fingers crossed for long :wacko: :blink:

poor little grace calling her that dee , o:) mind you mine is like a little elfin at times ;) bless her :cheers:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back