The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

New fur baby parent

flange

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Morning everyone very new to being a fur baby parent, we have only just brought home our 8 month old dashound. Her name is Pepper (Miss Pepper) I never thought I could fall in love with a dashound but how wrong I was, she should be my husbands pet but really she belongs to both of us. I am the patient one but my husband wanted the training to be done and dusted in the 1st 3 days of bringing her home. We look forward to seeking advice and being part of a group of liked minded people. All we ask is that your kind and patient with us being so very new to this 😁

Hi and welcome!:) Have you any pics of Pepper?
If you've just adopted her at 8 months, do you know anything about her past? (or did you mean 8weeks?)

Hi and welcome!:) Have you any pics of Pepper?
If you've just adopted her at 8 months, do you know anything about her past? (or did you mean 8weeks?)
We have been told a load of miss information shall we say, like she eats dry dog food, not with us for the last 3 days (only picked her on Thursday) she has eaten scrambled egg poached chicken. Tried her on wet food yesterday and this morning the wet food came back to say hello on the puppy pad. So today we are trying dried food that was given to us by her last owner which she shared with 2 older dogs and some freeze dried food mixed with water, she is 8 months or so we have been told but over the last few days we have discovered that she could be 6, 7, 8, or 9 months. But we are going to the vets early in rhe week

Attachments

• 20240425_184855.jpg
    20240425_184855.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 11
  • 20240425_190631.jpg
    20240425_190631.jpg
    491.5 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG-20240425-WA0000.jpeg
    IMG-20240425-WA0000.jpeg
    239.8 KB · Views: 11
Aw, bless Pepper too, she looks really sweet. Sounds like she's landed on her feet with you, thankfully!:)Good luck at the vets

Thank you have you any advice on her eating at all??
It's such a big subject, could you start a new thread in this section please? Dog Food and Diet Let us know what you've offered her so far, and what has gone down... and stayed down!

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back