The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

New member looking for advice on getting a Labrador puppy.

BarryM

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hi everyone, just joined up. I am after getting a Golden Labrador puppy. I used to have one years ago (1997 when we got him). Times have changed since then and obviously there is more information around with the expansion of the internet.

I am based in the North West just south of Liverpool but don't mind travelling for the right dog. Done a little research so far and I am after a dog with as best hip score as I can fine, as my last dog struggled with his. Gettting mixed information though, what is a excellent score for a Labrador I should be looking for?

Also can anyone recommend any good breeders they have used or know of?

Thank you, Barry

Welcome to the forum - and it's great you are aware of the importance of hip scores. The link below should give you the information you need. Just a small point though - Labradors are yellow (or other colours), not golden.

Labrador Retriever - Dog Breed Health

I can't help with specific breeders but if you find one and you would like us to look at their website for red flags, please do ask. This guide may also help you -

Puppy Farming

Hello, we had a good look around, and found a fantastic breeder, and put a deposit down on a gorgeous yellow retriever pub. He is 7 weeks old today so one more week of waiting. We have been getting everything ready for his new home, he is going to be one spoilt little boy. Just need to find the right Insurance now to go with for him.

Congratulations.....as for insurance...I always used Petplan and would again if I only had one dog ...
We now use animal friends and they have been great ....;)

Congratulations - I do hope you can share some photos when he arrives :)

Something lovely to look forward to! Stay with us and we can offer help and support during the puppy challenges, and lots of admiration during the happy times. Do share photos when you get some.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back