The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

New Orleans Animals

Santa's Little Helper

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
For those of you who were discussing the terrible plight of the New Orleans survivers and the pet owners who were made to leave their pets behind [and the poor little'uns who were left behind to fend for themselves :( ], I thought you may be interested [if you haven't already seen it] in the BBC article on their news website about the huge rescue operation that is now going on. [Hopefully this link will work!]

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/4233408.stm

The only thing is, it says that they will only allow 15 days for owners to come forward to claim their pets - I expect if you are homeless and traumatized, you may not be near a PC to see if your animals been picked up :( ! Hopefully, they'll have other ways for people to be re-united with their beloved pets/

:luck: to them all

Santa said:
For those of you who were discussing the terrible plight of the New Orleans survivers and the pet owners who were made to leave their pets behind [and the poor little'uns who were left behind to fend for themselves  :( ], I thought you may be interested [if you haven't already seen it] in the BBC article on their news website about the huge rescue operation that is now going on.  [Hopefully this link will work!]
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/4233408.stm

The only thing is, it says that they will only allow 15 days for owners to come forward to claim their pets - I expect if you are homeless and traumatized, you may not be near a PC to see if your animals been picked up  :( !  Hopefully, they'll have other ways for people to be re-united with their beloved pets/

:luck:   to them all

It seems to me that the animal rescue people are a lot better organised than the government. It is so heartbreaking to see lives, both animals and human, lost due to their bungling.

Imagine being ordered at gunpoint to adandon your pets :eek: - it's simply heartbreaking :( I hope as many as possible will be reunited soon.

The organisation deserves a medal for what they are doing, :luck: :luck: hope lots of pets are soon reunited with their owners - that would be terrific. :thumbsup: I could no sooner imagine leaving your own pets alone while you yourself escaped :( :( :unsure:

Last edited by a moderator:
i hope they can get as many pets out of there as possible and get them reunited with their owners soon.there will be lots of tearful reunions there when the owners beloved pets are restored to them

i'm so glad someone out there is helping :) , its still so awful for the ones its too late for :( , :luck: :luck: :luck: to everyone helping and everyone waiting to be reunited :luck: :luck: :luck:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back