The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

New Pedigree Whippet Racing Association Website

BeeJay

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
After yesterdays events a few of us have been working all day to ensure that a Championship can take place on August 2nd.

We have a venue and we thank Ray Jones and the Independent Club members for agreeing to host the event. Also thanks go to Christine Cornish for allowing us to advertise in the Whippet News and we are going to be running for Whippet News Top Ten points.

As of now we have entry forms ready to be sent out and we have our own website The National Pedigree Whippet Racing Association website. Please go and have a look at it.

We would like to build an organisation run by whippet racers for whippet racers. At this moment in time there are only a few of us but several people have offered to help us already. We need more help to get this race meeting run properly and safely if anyone can help either before the day or on the day can they please contact us.

I dont mind line judging, could take it up as a full time Sunday Job :p

Also when is the closing date for the open??

Last edited by a moderator:
good luck with the new set up, the site looks very nice :thumbsup:

can i ask, are the old passports acceptable to enter or do we need to get new ones done?

Well done on the new site Nigel/Judy.Looking foward to the 1st meeting :thumbsup:

Well done you guys. You have my full support. I have little doubt this new organisation will go from strenght to strength with the support it clearly has from all genuine whippet racers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the offer Dan. :thumbsup: I have made a note of your offer. :lol:

30th July is the closing date. Some of us are going to be very, very busy on the 1st of August printing up programs. Well it'll give us 'admin' folks less time to panic (w00t)

good luck with the new set up, the site looks very nice :thumbsup:
can i ask, are the old passports acceptable to enter or do we need to get new ones done?
Yes they will be acceptable.

what a fantastic website welldone nigel ,judy :thumbsup:

looking forward to the first meeting and welldone Beejay keeping us all upto date yesterday :thumbsup:

Thanks for the offer Dan. :thumbsup: I have made a note of your offer. :lol:

30th July is the closing date. Some of us are going to be very, very busy on the 1st of August printing up programs. Well it'll give us 'admin' folks less time to panic (w00t)
Closing date on 30th open on the 2nd = very busy couple of days (w00t) , good luck :luck:

Thanks very much to the Independent PWRC who have offered the use of their ground and equipment free for the August 2nd meeting. A much appreciated gesture of support :D

If you can't find anyone else (or better) I will do the pictures

If you can't find anyone else (or better) I will do the pictures

yes please Chris the 1st NATIONALS in pictures (w00t)

its so exciting...just the lift we all needed after a very long 18 months..

oh i cant wait ;)

BRING ON THE NATIONALS :cheers: :cheers:

Thanks very much to the Independent PWRC who have offered the use of their ground and equipment free for the August 2nd meeting. A much appreciated gesture of support :D

Did anyone tell Ray Jones he has to do a bbq for all the overnighters as part of the package :-

yes massive thanks to Ray and his team for giving their full support with the use of their ground :thumbsup:

i think we all know money will be tight, so i dont think any of us mind what the prizes are (if any) we just want to get back to racing with like minded racers :thumbsup:

Congratulations to every one who has been involed in doing this event for all of us true pedigree whippet owners :thumbsup:

This is what you call team work :thumbsup: well done every one :luck: also good luck for all the future events :thumbsup:

yes massive thanks to Ray and his team for giving their full support with the use of their ground :thumbsup:

i think we all know money will be tight, so i dont think any of us mind what the prizes are (if any) we just want to get back to racing with like minded racers :thumbsup:
Thats right we don't mind about the prizes. as julie says its all about racing.

i dont know what you usually give as prizes ,but if someone could let me know i would love to donate some for your first championships ,i will post them to juney

Good luck to you all ,its the lift im sure you have all needed :thumbsup:

Thats right we don't mind about the prizes. as julie says its all about racing.
That's great to know, and I think we all feel the same. As much as we want to give something special, we also wanted to keep the entry fees down, as everyone is stretched these days with the cost of travelling - we will try to get you something nice though, and there will be velvet jackets for weight group winners. I wonder who will be the first National Pedigree Whippet Racing Champion?????? Answers on a postcard to Barbara Jackson (w00t) No don't do that to her, she has so much going on, she will become even madder than she is already :lol:

Good luck, and good luck for the future. :cheers:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back