The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

New Pedigree Whippet Racing Association Website

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Thanks very much to the Independent PWRC who have offered the use of their ground and equipment free for the August 2nd meeting. A much appreciated gesture of support :D

yes massive thanks to Ray and his team for giving their full support with the use of their ground :thumbsup:

i think we all know money will be tight, so i dont think any of us mind what the prizes are (if any) we just want to get back to racing with like minded racers :thumbsup:
i dont know what you usually give as prizes ,but if someone could let me know i would love to donate some for your first championships ,i will post them to juney

Good luck to you all ,its the lift im sure you have all needed :thumbsup:
That's so kind Tracey :huggles: will speak to you about it later :thumbsup:

Thanks very much to the Independent PWRC who have offered the use of their ground and equipment free for the August 2nd meeting. A much appreciated gesture of support :D

yes massive thanks to Ray and his team for giving their full support with the use of their ground :thumbsup:

i think we all know money will be tight, so i dont think any of us mind what the prizes are (if any) we just want to get back to racing with like minded racers :thumbsup:
i dont know what you usually give as prizes ,but if someone could let me know i would love to donate some for your first championships ,i will post them to juney

what a lovely gesture trac could do with more like you in this world :thumbsup:

this is good news... lets get back to what its all about injoying r pedigree whippets race.......

:lol: poor Alan how is he coping with Barbara :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: and June shes not "mad" i think they call it "special" (w00t) :lol: :lol:

shes doing a great job and I'm sure it will all go well, even if you are writing the program on the day as you have only given yourselves 2 days.....you nutters :eek: :lol:

Last edited:
:lol: poor Alan how is he coping with Barbara :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: and June shes not "mad" i think they call it "special" (w00t) :lol: :lol:
shes doing a great job and I'm sure it will all go well, even if you are writing the program on the day as you have only given yourselves 2 days.....you nutters :eek: :lol:
There are 24 hours in a day Julie, and my printer can work overtime. We will most likely have to print a bundle each - but whatever happens, they will be done :sweating: :teehee:

Well done to all concerned for getting this up and running :thumbsup:

As for prizes I dont think people would mind if there wasnt any ;)

I think we are all pleased to be getting back into Pedigree racing :) :) :)

Will contact Barbara tomorrow her ear might be aching tonight :D :D

It is good that every body pulls together when the gong gets rough.

I'm sure that this will be the strart of something new.

Being an old timer I've been through a few upsets in the past

I may have to consider another chapter in the book, while still able to type

Thanks for the support everyone. It's really appreciated. Just a few words - hey guess what I'm all worded out - :lol: I'll send out (email and snail mail) the entry forms to club secs tomorrow. Also I'll answer the pm's that people have sent me. I am so tired that I wouldn't make any sense tonight. Yeah, yeah I know what's knew.

Night all.

brilliant news and good luck :luck:

we will be there so count us in :D

This is the way forward, it is time to make a stand, and have racing run by racing people :thumbsup:

Just like Tracey i would be more than willing to donate some for you, even though i am not even a ped racer or whippet owner, but i am veering towards getting into it some time in the future, good luck all of you, you can count me in with support :thumbsup:

Debbiex

Just like Tracey i would be more than willing to donate some for you, even though i am not even a ped racer or whippet owner, but i am veering towards getting into it some time in the future, good luck all of you, you can count me in with support :thumbsup:

Debbiex
Thanks Debbie, support from people like yourself who might hopefully join us at some stage and race with us, is very much appreciated. There has been such overwhelming support, that to say we are flabberghasted is an understatement. People like you looking in from the outside have obviously seen the frustration that has been surrounding our sport for the last 18 months - thank you again for your kindness and support :huggles:

if the organisers of the new event are looking for sponsores for weight groups myself & Paula are more than happy to sponsore one of the weight groups.

i'm sure there would be enough willing to sponsore a weight group that they could all have a little something.

Just to confirm - the 1st NPWRA Champs will still be running on 2nd August despite the WCRA's u-turn over the WCRA Championships as we are now committed to that date. Hopefully this won't split racing people too much as that was never our intention.

Judging from the replies - it does appear that the NPWRA will be well supported. Hopefully we can bring some democracy into the sport and pedigree whippet racers will be able to run their own sport. Obviously nothing is ever going to be perfect but at least members will have the power to change things by majority vote.

Last edited by a moderator:
if the organisers of the new event are looking for sponsores for weight groups myself & Paula are more than happy to sponsore one of the weight groups.
i'm sure there would be enough willing to sponsore a weight group that they could all have a little something.
Thanks Mark and Paula, and everyone else who has offered support. It is difficult to get this off the ground without a healthy bank account - but such is the feeling that the Nationals are needed, that lots of people have offered loans, and donations to get us going. It was suggested to us that we ask clubs if they would like to contribute - Ray Jones has kindly offered £100 from the Independent, I'm fairly sure Gloucester would match that (will have to ask the members of course). This is soooo exciting!

Well done everyone involved. Mick and Karen (The Bears) would also like to make a contribution of £50 to help out as every bit helps.

Looking forward to the new champs on 2nd August. Good LUCK to all.

Ray a bbq would be appreciated by us as well as will be stopping over. :)

Well done everyone involved. Mick and Karen (The Bears) would also like to make a contribution of £50 to help out as every bit helps.

Thanks Karen and Mick - looks like Jonesy best get his BBQ ready then - I'll let him know tonight :thumbsup:

Thanks Karen and Mick - looks like Jonesy best get his BBQ ready then - I'll let him know tonight :thumbsup:

i've just been told? by Paula were camping (whens camping from/to?)

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back