The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

New Pedigree Whippet Racing Association Website

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
It only got going after Oxford Dave. Many thanks for the support.

Wouldn't oxford be an ideal venue. Its pretty central? Plus i can get out of bed at 1030ish lol

will the next one be in scotland ?
It would be lovely to hold a Championship in bonny Scotland, but our aim is to find a ground in the middle of the country, so it is as central as it can be for people to travel to. We have racers from Scotland and Cornwall, so somewhere in the middle is still a long way to travel, but as near to both as it can be.
Fantastic Lancashire / Yorkshire its time whippet racing came back to its roots

Dunsop Bridge is a village within the Ribble Valley borough of Lancashire, England. It is in the civil parish of Bowland Forest High.

It is one of two main contenders for the location of the exact geographic centre of Great Britain. The other town is Haltwhistle in Northumberland, some 71 miles (114 km) to the north. Dunsop Bridge's claim is calculated on the fact that it is the gravitational centre of the island (although the exact point is at Whitendale Hanging Stones, near Brennand Farm, 7 kilometres (4.3 mi) north of the village).[1] In 1992 BT installed its 100,000th payphone at Dunsop Bridge and included a plaque to explain its significance - the plaque reads "You are calling from the BT payphone that marks the centre of Great Britain." The telephone box was unveiled by Sir Ranulph Fiennes.

Well according the stated aims going forward everything will be decided by common vote.

And as there are more of us Beautiful Southers then you Northern Monkeys then I think you can expect to be going to Oxford :D

Erm ... if anyone knows where I am from - keep your gobs shut! :p

:lol: Ian's right you know. Of course we have to find the available grounds to vote on in the first place :D

would be good to have a ground that is "no mans land" so we ALL only race there for the Nationals.....having said that as long as we are running i dont mind :)

Keep looking then peeps, the right ground is out there just waiting for us!

Well according the stated aims going forward everything will be decided by common vote.
And as there are more of us Beautiful Southers then you Northern Monkeys then I think you can expect to be going to Oxford :D

Erm ... if anyone knows where I am from - keep your gobs shut! :p
so already its a majority rule,

One says middle of country 2 say not same old then

would be good to have a ground that is "no mans land" so we ALL only race there for the Nationals.....having said that as long as we are running i dont mind :)
come over to Ireland then!

(at least I would attend)

i very much doubt the National will be held at Oxford grounds, i think it to far south for the Northern and Scottish, also Oxford has no camping, many love to camp for the weekend so this is something else to take into consideration to make the Nationals accessible to everyone :thumbsup:

keep up the good work all of you working behind the scenes to get this event off the ground :luck: ;)

I have to say I love the ground at Moreton. Why can't we share it with the WCRA and perhaps hire their equipment for the NPWRA championships. This would mean that if it was the following or prior w/e to the champs, people could may-be camp over for a week? Just a suggestion.

Wow, how things have moved forward, and Ive only been away 1 day. Hi from sunny Milwalkee!

Put me down for a job on the day, but I will want to run my dogs too, Indi says she will ride the bike if needed. Can't wait for the camping and did someone mention wine tasting? Count me in. Also put me down for sponsorship of a group.

You guys are fantastic. I didn't dare to think we would have this much support. Long may it reign!

Wow, how things have moved forward, and Ive only been away 1 day. Hi from sunny Milwalkee!Put me down for a job on the day, but I will want to run my dogs too, Indi says she will ride the bike if needed. Can't wait for the camping and did someone mention wine tasting? Count me in. Also put me down for sponsorship of a group.

You guys are fantastic. I didn't dare to think we would have this much support. Long may it reign!
well you all have my suport a 100%

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, how things have moved forward, and Ive only been away 1 day. Hi from sunny Milwalkee!Put me down for a job on the day, but I will want to run my dogs too, Indi says she will ride the bike if needed. Can't wait for the camping and did someone mention wine tasting? Count me in. Also put me down for sponsorship of a group.

Thanks Lesley. I hope that you are having a great time in the states. Thanks for your offer of help. It'll be a little suprise for you when you get back to find out what we've put you down to do.

Ooo just noticed that you've offered to sponsor a weight group as well. After a hectic 4 days we'll be having a re-grouping tomorrow and start making lists and contacting people who have offered to sponsor weight groups to see which ones they prefer. If luck is with us then they won't all want to sponsor the same one. :blink:

At this time of night I can get quite tearful when I think of all the help and encouragement that we've been offered. You really are a fantastic bunch of people. I just know that we are going to have a fabulous weekend at the Indi at the beginning of August. Though I'm starting to wonder if Ray and Co will be party animals enough. Seems to me that they've agreed to host the biggest party in the peddie racing year.

Thanks Lesley. I hope that you are having a great time in the states. Thanks for your offer of help. It'll be a little suprise for you when you get back to find out what we've put you down to do.

Ooo just noticed that you've offered to sponsor a weight group as well. After a hectic 4 days we'll be having a re-grouping tomorrow and start making lists and contacting people who have offered to sponsor weight groups to see which ones they prefer. If luck is with us then they won't all want to sponsor the same one. :blink:

At this time of night I can get quite tearful when I think of all the help and encouragement that we've been offered. You really are a fantastic bunch of people. I just know that we are going to have a fabulous weekend at the Indi at the beginning of August. Though I'm starting to wonder if Ray and Co will be party animals enough. Seems to me that they've agreed to host the biggest party in the peddie racing year.
Well we do have so much to celebrate - I can't wait! :D

its great for us all to be involved in such a major event in our racing, and i will say it again (unlike me to repeat myself :- ) but

your all working so hard to pull this together in such a short space of time, thank you doesn't seem enough :thumbsup:

I'm sure the day will be a massive success, so imagine what next year will be like with a full committee in place and 6 months of the NPWRA under our belts ;) ;)

out of interest how much does it cost to sponsor a weight group?

I'm sure people wont mind if their intended weight group is already covered.....we all just want to help

the last few days has restored my faith in human nature...and long may it continue :luck:

Lloyd and I will happily sponsor a weight group..............Would love the 32lb if it isn't already taken. My Archie has brought us so much pleasure coming consistently last in this group for 5 years :lol:

Lloyd and I will happily sponsor a weight group..............Would love the 32lb if it isn't already taken. My Archie has brought us so much pleasure coming consistently last in this group for 5 years :lol:
abit like peppermint lass Jo...maybe we sould have a reverse supreme....for the slower dogs :lol: :lol:

Awww love him Jo, he is such a sweetie.

Steve did suggest a trophy for the slowest dog of the day, but I'm not sure how you'd decide! :lol:

It actually costs £20-30 to cover a weight group. In reality that's probably what the trophies cost this time, and maybe more next time. I don't expect people to pay that much, and I think whatever you want to donate is fine, and it will still be acknowledged as sponsoring a weight group. We have kept the entry fees down, as with travelling it costs so much to compete on the open scene these days. We have had offers of donations from clubs too, so its all looking good :D People have been so kind, and we have almost all of the jobs covered on the day, as people are so thrilled to have this event.

Juney, us PEPPERMINTS would like to sponsor a weight group £30 :thumbsup: , we dont mind what one....i think we have a dog in most anyway :lol: :lol:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back