Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

New Racing Magazine

Status
Not open for further replies.

hellbound

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
been ask to start a new racing news magazine, already have a printer and sponsorship to start printing in the new year, it would not only be news about - non-ped whippet racing but lurcher, greyhound, peds, and european racing along with any racing news from around the country i.e track news, breeding news, results of the above, club news and lots of good fair competitions for everyone to take part in, would also have a debate page and all letters would be printed

so what do you think would you like another racing news magazine something alittle deferent from what is on offer at the moment, we already have people that are willing to write for some of the clubs, lurchers, greyhounds,and european racing, but will be open to offer from anyone wanting to help,

you can e-mail me on y.ragnoli@onetel.net

:cheers: yvonne

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it's a very good idea and that a objective magazine will have much potential.

If you want some European reports...I'm your man.

Good luck with making the 1st issue!

Cheers :luck: :cheers:

I think it's a very good idea and that an objective magazine will have much potential.

If you want some European reports...I'm your man.

Good luck with making the 1st issue!

Cheers :luck: :cheers:

Mmmm, for a start there's Countrymans Weekly for us lurcher & terriers & ferret folks, also Earth Dog Running Dog though my dads not had it for years.

Then theres Greyhound Star, and the Whippet News. Then theres K9 Which is very informative. Do you really think theres room for another? I think not

unwanted said:
SO WOT THEY GOING TO PUT IN IT,DRUG AWARENESS AND HOW NOT TO TAKE WHAT IS NOT YOUR.THEYS A BIT OF CRAP FOR U M8 :- "
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Maybe you can give some good ideas for what putting in. Help's always welcome I guess :thumbsup:

I personally think that there are too many publications now already. Wouldnt it be simpler to contact the Greyhound Star and ask to do a Whippet column? With it being the most popular of the Greyhound press (apart from Thursday Racing Post edition) it would reach far more readers.

I can not understand half of what you write on here, how about learning proper syntax, form, and grammar so that people can at least understand what you are saying before becoming a editor of a magazine.

I can think of a good topic for you to write about tschabo ( you could explain how none pedigree blood has got into the blood lines of the European racing dog along with pedigree papers )

Have to agree with Lolcoe " that there are too many publications now already" Good idea " Wouldn't it be simpler to contact the Greyhound Star and ask to do a Whippet column "...I know a few years ago Mr T Cooper used to do a column it was really good reading.

DENISE BAILEY said:
I can not understand half of what you write on here, how about learning proper syntax, form, and grammar so that people can at least understand what you are saying before becoming a editor of a magazine.
I can think of a good topic for you to write about tschabo ( you could explain how none pedigree blood has got into the blood lines of the European racing dog along with pedigree papers )

Have to agree with Lolcoe " that there are too many publications now already" Good idea " Wouldn't it be simpler to contact the Greyhound Star and ask to do a Whippet column "...I know a few years ago Mr T Cooper used to do a column it was really good reading.

Dear Denise,

Probably you don't know that is isn't forbidden for french people to import english non peds and register them as pedigrees. Actually I've got a bitch at home with only 3 generations. So here's the explaination about the pedigrees. Please explain me why you're so rude about me. It looks like you don't like me, but I can't remember that I any kind of problems with you.

tschabo said:
DENISE BAILEY said:

Dear Denise,

Probably you don't know that is isn't forbidden for french people to import english non peds and register them as pedigrees. Actually I've got a bitch at home with only 3 generations. So here's the explaination about the pedigrees. Please explain me why you're so rude about me. It looks like you don't like me, but I can't remember that I any kind of problems with you.

No i was not aware that is isn't forbidden for French people to import English non peds and register them as pedigrees in France, so would that mean i can register one of my own none peds in France, then bring it to the UK and run it as a ped ...i wasn't been rude to you

It looks like you don't like me
je ne vous connais pas pour vous détester ...as i said it would be a very interesting topic for you to write and i am sure many of k9 members would be interested in reading
bonne chance à l'avenir

DENISE BAILEY said:
tschabo said:
DENISE BAILEY said:

Dear Denise,

No i was not aware that is isn't forbidden for French people to import English non peds and register them as pedigrees in France, so would that mean i can register one of my own none peds in France, then bring it to the UK and run it as a ped ...i wasn't been rude to you

It looks like you don't like me
je ne vous connais pas pour vous détester ...as i said it would be a very interesting topic for you to write and i am sure many of k9 members would be interested in reading
bonne chance à l'avenir

I dont know how the english Kennel Club would react on this, but you can try it.

I am personally not very interested in a topic about this subject, because I don't know what to write more about it.

Cheers :thumbsup:

If this is true then could the non-ped return to the UK and gain KC registration as an import?

In order to register an imported dog with the Kennel Club the dog must already be registered in its country of origin.

This is why i asked ...as i am aware that none of our none ped stud dogs are registered as peds in the uk, unless they have false papers.

To import a dog from any other country permission may have to be sought from the General Committee before the dog is imported.

It might be interesting to know if we can import a pup and be allowed to race / show it with the ped whippets in the uk

DENISE BAILEY said:
It might be interesting to know if we can import a pup and be allowed to race / show it with the ped whippets in the uk
Thats exactly what I was thinking! I've had a quick peek on the KC site but can't find the answer, surely it can't be done because someone would of done it ages ago?

WHO SAYS IT AS NOT BEEN DONE WHO KNOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

>No i was not aware that is isn't forbidden for French people to import English non peds and register them as pedigrees in France, so would that mean i can register one of my own none peds in France, then bring it to the UK and run it as a ped ...i wasn't been rude to you

I strongly doubt that you'd be allowed to race under WCRA rules. The registrar most likely would refuse to issue a racing passport.

A year or so a peddie racer looked into bringing over a US racing bred pup and was told that she wouldn't get a passport for it or for any of it's offspring ever. Due to there being banned UK and known UK non peddie - gone to France and been registered over there - dogs behind it.

This even though the pup was AKC registered and would have been able to be shown at the Whippet Club or Crufts (if it qualified).

well looks like we all need another magazine and from some of the posts on this topic the debate page will be full in no time, :thumbsup: thanks for all the e-mails will try to get back to everyone in turn and all the offer's to write for the new mag will be excepted and you don't have to write under your own name if you would like to be incognito thats fine, the magazine will goto a proofreader before its printed so we don't have to worry about being word perfect :thumbsup: thanks again everyone

I can't see a magazine where anything go's and people can write in anonymous will do any good for whippet racing at all, only cause trouble - but :luck: if you choose to go ahead with it. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back