Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

New User Looking For Pure Bred Whippet

Status
Not open for further replies.

stoke_lad

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
hi there my name is jamie i am 22 years old and from staffordshire i have always been bought up around whippets and bedlingtons as my grandad has owned them for years but there knocking on abit now!!

have many years experiance with both breeds!

i now have my own property and have decided to get a dog as i have alot of spare time on my hands.

i am looking for a pure bred whippet any sex,colour etc with or without papers that doesnt really matter as will be for pet purposes only.

pref looking for something young.

if anybody can help me out with anything local to the staffordshire/midlands area that would be brilliant.

top class home for life assured any vetting welcome!

thank you in advance

welcome to K9 :thumbsup: , i hope you find the perfect addition to your family, sounds like a great home is on offer ;)

Welcome to K9 :D

Good luck finding your ideal whippie :thumbsup:

thank you for your comments. i thought it was best to put an add on here and offer a dog that needs rehoming a loving home

Jamie is now hopefully sorted for a whippet We will be taking a male to him tonight. If all works out well he will be staying with Jamie.

that's great - fingers crossed that it works out well :luck:

As far as I understand now it was all a miss understanding due to a brocken phone and people not being able to contact each other and this person will be having a whippet this weekend.

It was my dog Mikey that he was supposed to be having. I tried to take Mikey to Jamie's house twice after vetting the house and agreeing he could have him and both times someone was home but would not answer the door. He is a big waste of time and very hard to get in contact with when needed. Don't bother with him! :angry:

It is true. I've been with them today. We did the house check a couple of weeks ago everything was fine although he did say he was replacing the fence in the garden. It was arranged for the dog to be taken to him on the following sunday. No one answered the door although someone was seen watching from behind the curtains. He contacted them again saying he had to rush out and his partner had been at home.

Today we could hear someone upstairs the dog was listening to someone too. Then we looked up and a hand reached round the bedroom curtains and took a teddy out of the window. At that point the dog was put in the car and taken home. He'll not get another chance something just doesn't seem right.

trust your instincts , so sad that people have to do this , i hope they dont get a chance on other sites !!!

I don't go on TWF so I don't know if he has posted on there after a whippet. If anyone who goes on there could they look.

is it a form of attention seeking i wonder? regardless, it isnt right or fair on anyone. call me extra paranoid btw, but who did you guys leave at home while on your wasted journeys?

I had my other two dogs at home with the alarm on the house. I never gave him either of our addresses any way so I don't think there is any need to worry. I think he just likes wasting peoples time. There's just no excuse for what he has done. My girlfriend got all worked up not once but twice because she thought Mikey was leaving and it's just made it even harder for us both because of him.

I had my other two dogs at home with the alarm on the house. I never gave him either of our addresses any way so I don't think there is any need to worry. I think he just likes wasting peoples time. There's just no excuse for what he has done. My girlfriend got all worked up not once but twice because she thought Mikey was leaving and it's just made it even harder for us both because of him.
Have you thought of returning your dog to the breeder. I would ALWAYS take a puppy I bred back and it's written in my contract of sale. Some responsibility falls on the breeder. Good luck in finding him a good home. I've only ever had to take one back and he's still with me and will remain so. :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Wiggy I bred this dog and I was involved in his rehoming. Infact he is staying were he is and his owners are working with him. They contacted me and I put them in contact with Stokelad Unfortunately he is a complete and utter waste of time. Having done a homecheck and taking the dog to visit he then on 2 occasions did not answer the door after it was arranged for the dog to go to him. On both these times there was someone in the house. He will most certainly not getting a whippet of me and hopefuly will never get his hands on one as I wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him after the way he treated these people

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back