The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

New Year New Baby

Karen

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Very Happy New Year to all you showing people and all you would be exhibitors.  I picked up a new puppy yesterday so my enforced new years resolution is to get up at the crack of dawn on these freezing January mornings to let Frodo (yes Im hoping he will be Lord of the Rings!!) out for a pee on the crunchy grass.  First night report not a sound and no mess!!  not bad at nine weeks.  I hope you are all looking up your judges for the year.

When I say looking up your Judges!!  I of course mean seeing who your going to go under.  I think I will stop here this seems to be getting worse!!

Karen

Is  this a Grand-son of Forever Love out of Single Malt?

IF so we wish you well with him and know how pleased we are with our SM pups. They are very high spirited and can be very naughty. Good luck with the pup, whatever its breeding, keep us updated on his progress and some photos would be nice.

BTW looking up judges to go under does sound iffy doesnt it :biggrin:

Theres not too many suitable for us so could be a quiet year.

Wishing EVERYONE a Happy New-Year from all at Aphrael Whippets (including the Single Malt puppies)

(Edited by dawn at 9:04 am on Jan. 1, 2002)

LOL - I don't think Dawn stressed the point VERRRRRRY NAUGHTYYYYY enough.  My pup taught the old dog some very bad tricks!!

Wendy

Frodo is by my dog Marchpast Red Alert out of a Fergal g/daughter, Red alerts pedigree believe it or not is Very similar to Shauns.  We are hoping to go to Patsys at the weekend to see the bitch puppies from the litter you mentioned.  Im so glad they are naughty LOL, JUST WHAT I NEED!!!

Hi,

I assume the Karen is Karen Charman?   Can't sleep, so have logged on.   I have heard about Red Alert but never seen him "in the flesh".    Will you be showing him at the NWA Open?   If so look forward to seeing him "do his stuff".   Frodo sounds typical whippet - I'm still waiting for Corrie to grow up and he's nearly 2!

My friend, Frances, and I hope to get up there, weather, ferries and everything else permitting.   I haven't any serious show prospects, but look forward to seeing one and all and catching up on the latest "goings on".

As I didn't actually have a schedule, I just hope my entries are correct!

Look out for the hooligans from the Isle of Wight!

Hi Nicki, Yes Rory will be at NWA and as it is close we will be taking the TWO!! pups now.  We picked up a beautiful little bitch from Patsy Gilmour yesterday Fawn/white trim, by Single malt x Dumbriton Rainon.  She is quite close breeding wise to Frodo and we are really looking forward to showing her also.  Hope you make it ok, I dont know how you do it I admire anyone who travels as far as some of you do to go to a show.  How many of you think there does not seem to be hardly any break now in the show calender, we seem to be at it again so soon?

We have two pups from Patsy and we picked them up this Jan, one is fawn with white trim the other is fawn and white particolour both boys both doing well.

Shane

Hi Shane,  These boys must be my Leahs brothers, we thought they looked very nice at 8 weeks when we picked Leah up.  We have two pups the same age, like you, we are having the odd riot.  Teeth are dropping out now so there is not so much pain involved!!  The picture is of Leah last week, she loves standing and is a natural show off so I think I have been lucky this time.  Try to stand the boys when ever you think about it, no set time.  I have had some VERY naughty whippets show wise, so you have to be really paitient and make it fun (sometimes through gritted teeth!). Karen

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back