The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

New Zealand Quake

Cartman

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Can our New Zealand friends please let us know who is safe or in trouble etc. Our thoughts are with you guys.

I've just seen it on the news, I can only echo what Cartman has said :( :luck:

I've just had a post on Facebook from Lynda Watson (Shenace) that all NZ Whippet people are safe and accounted for.

Jackie Howell (Beesholme) did post though, that Tina Harding (Courtwood) had lost all her precious whippet figurines, which is quite unfortunate.

Better to lose figurines than lives. It looks horrendous on the news. Poor people.

I started a thread on TWF. No one has commented!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you for the update on the Whippet folk out there, lets hope they realise that we are all thinking about them and all the people affected by this awful quake.

The pictures on the news over here, from first thing, have been horrendous and I am glad that there is some good news on here, thanks.

I did answer your post on t'other side AnneV but perhaps others haven't really seen it in chatter yet?

My thoughts are with everyone in New Zealand affected by this terribly tragic event.

Better to lose figurines than lives. It looks horrendous on the news. Poor people.
Of course.

That's why I used the words "quite unfortunate", rather than something stronger.

I started a thread on TWF. No one has commented!!!!!!!!!!!!!
it is all so awful; I looked at this thead several times and just could find words. Everything seems too inadaquated.

I am glad that all the NZ Whippet people are in one piece, but I guess nobody is really OK. Many will have friends or relatives affected, and of-course there is the threat of aftershocks.

A little request from Lynda Watson over in NZ

Has anyone heard from Angela Barr, Deb Pullan, Deborah Henderson (whippy people) - two of them are booked to come out with Lynda to Melbourne for the Nationals.

If you've seen any posts here or on facebook from any of them can you let her know

Thanks

Cristina

Just wanted to add my best wishes to everyone in NZ. Thinking of you all.

Horrendous pictures on the news and our thoughts are with everyone affected in NZ.

Good to have this piece of good news though.

A little request from Lynda Watson over in NZ
Has anyone heard from Angela Barr, Deb Pullan, Deborah Henderson (whippy people) - two of them are booked to come out with Lynda to Melbourne for the Nationals.

If you've seen any posts here or on facebook from any of them can you let her know

Thanks

Cristina
Yep - just a little update - Lynda thought all were safe and accounted for but no contact has actually been established with the above people.

Hoping that we hear from them soon.

L.

News just in from Lynda:

.. Deb Pullan & Debbie Henderson OK, still waiting news on Angela Barr

News just in from Lynda:
.. Deb Pullan & Debbie Henderson OK, still waiting news on Angela Barr

Angela is now accounted for - she along with her kids and a couple of whippets have gone to ashburton (1hr from CHCH) Ian has stayed home..

A few dog people have lost their homes - but are all ok.

Alot of people this time have left or are leaving the city. Great to see other dog people from around the country opening their homes up for others and their dogs to come and stay.

It's all just horrible , from what I can gather all the Whippet folk are OK ... the devastation this time is just unbelievable , you sit watching the TV in morbid fascination and just feel 'Bloody Useless'.

The loss of life is just too much, when you think how lucky everyone was after the September Quake it just seems so unfair !!

I was down in Christchurch a few weeks ago and we had a drive round to look at the state of the place .... they were starting repairs , patching the roads etc , how do you come back after this ??

Christchurch is such a beautifull City but now so many of the Iconic buildings are gone .. it will never look the same !!

I do hope that people can stick it out , Cantabrians are a tough bunch and I'm sure they'll come through this with alot of help from their friends.

Being a 'Pom' , I've never really had to deal with any major national disasters ... this was a bit close to home and I've spent today making contact with all the people I care about back home .... makes you realise whats really important !!

Keep safe

Libby

It is certainly good news to hear that those not heard from are now found to be safe and well, thank goodness.

And Libby was thinking of you too, so glad to hear all is OK but obviously you are all shaken by events out there.

Take care all, we feel useless here but hope our thoughts help a little.

Relief all whippet folk and whippets are ok , so very sad about loss of life and my thoughts are with all those connected

Adding my thoughts and concern to all those involved; so very sorry for them; it's just awful and words can't really express the feeling you get when you look at the scenes of devastation on the TV and in our newspapers.

Gill

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back