The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Newbie Help

YTarmy

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Got my first greyhound last week and all seemed fine, He's 26 months old and out of Cool Performance.

I went to take him out at 6.30 tonight and he didnt want to put his back left foot down, I took a closer look and there's a small cut on the 2nd pad from the left but no sign of anything in it.

I think this may be caused by walking on roads when he'd only been on grass and I have ordered Pad spray off the net but no sign yet.

What can I do for now to help him (I have put a sock on and he's muzzled) and should I worry about walking him so he can empty .

Please help as it's killing me to see him so sad :(

Are you sure there is nothing in it's foot?.

you can try washing it in a salt water solution (1 T spoon to 1 pint of warm water) that should help.

if it carries on i'd get it looked at to make sure theres nothing deep inside that you cant see.

Completely agree with Mark , You dont want it to heal unless you are completly sure nothing is in the pad . Good luck with him :luck:

I've had another good look and there maybe something in the pad, I'm going to open the pad again and put drawing ointment on to hopefully life the item. If not then I assume it's a trip to the vets

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back