The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Night vision

Discussion in 'Dog Health' started by JudyN, Mar 14, 2021.

1. RGC

RGC Active Member Registered

Like yourselves I used to get exasperated with Blue (rescued whippet) because he lagged behind and had his own agenda. It turned out that he was developing an enlarged heart and fluid was building up. He would have done anything for us - a perfect and loyal gentle mite. It taught me a salutary lesson - indulge them, they’ve never made a choice in their lives. They deserve more patience than we could ever give them.

Biker John, Flobo and Tinytom like this.
  2. JudyN

JudyN Moderator Moderator Registered

Yes, Jasper's getting indulged now - though not to the extent of making him unhealthy or putting more weigh on his joints of course. I want to cram as much pleasure and happiness into his life as I can...

... though preferably not at 2am, Jasp o_O

3. Hemlock

Hemlock Well-Known Member Registered

I'm doing the same with my old dog. She has lovely long sniffing walks now where once they were tearing-about walks.

4. Flobo

Flobo Well-Known Member Registered Partner

I think as well, once we learn to slow down with our dogs, we get to appreciate a whole different aspect of our 'walks'..:)

5. Biker John

Biker John Well-Known Member Registered

My last Shelti, that I lost at 18 1/2, still wanted to go out for a walk so I took her twice a day. But a walk that would have taken us about 10 mins finished up taking 40 or 45 mins, still she enjoyed it so I didn't mind. I do now occasionally see a lady walking her old Goldie, (no idea how old but its obviously very old), and its very much her taking a few steps, stopping and letting it catch up to her. Her dog does enjoy sniffing and saying hello to Folly and getting an ear rub from me.

paperweight, Flobo and RGC like this.