The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Night vision

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Like yourselves I used to get exasperated with Blue (rescued whippet) because he lagged behind and had his own agenda. It turned out that he was developing an enlarged heart and fluid was building up. He would have done anything for us - a perfect and loyal gentle mite. It taught me a salutary lesson - indulge them, they’ve never made a choice in their lives. They deserve more patience than we could ever give them.

Yes, Jasper's getting indulged now - though not to the extent of making him unhealthy or putting more weigh on his joints of course. I want to cram as much pleasure and happiness into his life as I can...

... though preferably not at 2am, Jasp o_O

I'm doing the same with my old dog. She has lovely long sniffing walks now where once they were tearing-about walks.

I think as well, once we learn to slow down with our dogs, we get to appreciate a whole different aspect of our 'walks'..:)

My last Shelti, that I lost at 18 1/2, still wanted to go out for a walk so I took her twice a day. But a walk that would have taken us about 10 mins finished up taking 40 or 45 mins, still she enjoyed it so I didn't mind. I do now occasionally see a lady walking her old Goldie, (no idea how old but its obviously very old), and its very much her taking a few steps, stopping and letting it catch up to her. Her dog does enjoy sniffing and saying hello to Folly and getting an ear rub from me.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back