The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Nimrodel Whippets

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
thank you guys for your words of encouragment. its just really frustrating. i've got some good dogs and when i can see the judge pass by just because they aren't the typical white and brindle. its really not fair! :rant:

Ah! She's on the trail already folks!

(If you didn't know Vanessa has just come into co-ownership with my b&w Striker)

And the cry goes up from 'coloured' whippet lovers the world over ... "It's not fair!"

It isn't and that's why we have to keep pushing and getting the good ones out there under their noses. ONE day they will have to sit up and take notice. That's the theory I hold on to anyhow :D

Our whippet clubs should be making sure that aspiring judges know that any colour and any pattern of marking is acceptable (by the standard), and even fancied by some of us!

The people delivering judges' lectures should be drumming this home. I would almost go so far as to say that the sentence "any colour or mixture of colours" is the most ignored sentence (by all-breeds judges) in our standard.

There are other phrases and sentences that may be often misunderstood or misinterpreted but this one is often ignored.

But ... I digress ... and we've been through this a hundred times or more on k9, haven't we?

Last edited by a moderator:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back