The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Niwwc A Day At The Races

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
the dogs entered so far are

colt stormydog

china stormydog

paris bluebell

tess lullbell

come on pm me your dog names

Last edited by a moderator:
This works out about 2000yds in all for the overs then. You wouldnt need to have a very fit dog. Good Luck to everyone entering :luck: :thumbsup:

stormydog said:
whippet quick said:
IS THE RACING IN IRELAND. OR OVER ENGLAND. JEFF

come on over jeff me ol chum. that dog of yours will love this track..its similar to Cheshire..uphill slightly and 350+

WOULD LOVE TO COME COME OVER, BUT HAVNT GOT THE MONEY AT THE MO, A BIT NEAR XMAS, SHAME MY 2 LURCHES WOULD LOVE THAT DISTANCE. I WILL BE RACING A LOT MORE NEXT YEAR, ONLY GET TO RUN THEM ONCE OR TWICE A YEAR, HOPE THERE WILL BE MORE RACING IN THE NORTHEAST, JEFF

milliken said:
the dogs entered so far are
colt  stormydog

china stormydog

paris  bluebell

tess lullbell

come on pm me your dog names

big dog stake

colt stormydog

china stormydog

tess lullbell

small dogs

sky sammy

paris bluebell

bud jim

prince robert

well, I'm interested though not being a great gambler, I would prefer a smaller entry fee (and thus a smaller stakes prize for the winner) (say £5 -6?). It would depend a lot on the date and whether I can get there on time! Is that track 350 yrds or 400yrds? I have two under 21 inch dogs, Tintreach (pronounced approx. "Tintra") and Dóchas. I don't think they have any chance against Paris.

Last edited by a moderator:
Robert, your spending so much time out hunting your forgetting to answer your PM`s !

sorry mate been bloody working the dogs alot will get back to you now martin

robert

ok up date here

BIG DOGS

colt stormydog

china stormydog

tess lullbell

digger karl

SMALL DOGS

ernie martin

sky sammy

bud jim

prince robert

paris bluebell

this will take place on the 30th november

:luck: GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE. :luck: :thumbsup:

I love to race my dogs and they love to race. They don't have to win, but it still doesn't seem worthwhile when they would have to run against much faster nonpeds such as Paris, Ernie and Bluebell. Also I think most of these smaller dogs are still over 21 inches but it doesn't look like you are going to get enough dogs, or have enough time, to do races restricted to pedigree whippets and/or under 21 inches.

UP DATE ON DOGS ENTERED

BIG DOGS

COLT STOMYDOG

CHINA STORMYDOG

TESS LULLBELL

DIGGER KARL

SMALL DOGS

ERNIE MARTIN

SKY SAMMY

BUD JIM

PRINCE ROBERT

PARIS BLUE BELL

WISKEY COATY

ZOLA ROSE

COME ON THERE ARE MORE BIG DOGS THAN THIS

ROBERT

Macha said:
I love to race my dogs and they love to race. They don't have to win, but it still doesn't seem worthwhile when they would have to run against much faster nonpeds such as Paris, Ernie and Bluebell. Also I think most of these smaller dogs are still over 21 inches but it doesn't look like you are going to get enough dogs, or have enough time, to do races restricted to pedigree whippets and/or under 21 inches.
Hi Macha, just letting you know Paris is 19.5" & 28lbs :thumbsup:

looking forward to it :thumbsup:

As the event is being run by the Northern Ireland Working WHIPPET Club, should there not be a stake for pure whippets only? Otherwise you're just running another lurcher event.......

dukie

dukie said:
As the event is being run by the Northern Ireland Working WHIPPET Club, should there not be a stake for pure whippets only? Otherwise you're just running another lurcher event.......
dukie

sorry if there is enough intrest then there will be a stake for whippets so please enter

robert

For a £10 entry fee I would expect a guaranteed whippet race/course. Us whippet folk don't take the racing as serious as the lurcher folk, but it is a whippet club after all, and to get the support of the whippets you are going to have to place a bit more importance on the breed. Think of how many pure whippets turned up at the first show the club ran, where have they all went to and why? Answer, they were promised a whippet club, with events for whippets, where they wouldn't have to compete against non peds and lurchers. This hasn't always been the case, and I know that it's hard to run events, but you need to start promoting the breed the club is supposed to represent, or change the clubs name altogether. I know you've tried your hardest Robert, and all your hard work has been very much appreciated so far, but don't lose sight of what you started out to do :cheers:

dukie said:
For a £10 entry fee I would expect a guaranteed whippet race/course. Us whippet folk don't take the racing as serious as the lurcher folk, but it is a whippet club after all, and to get the support of the whippets you are going to have to place a bit more importance on the breed. Think of how many pure whippets turned up at the first show the club ran, where have they all went to and why? Answer, they were promised a whippet club, with events for whippets, where they wouldn't have to compete against non peds and lurchers. This hasn't always been the case, and I know that it's hard to run events, but you need to start promoting the breed the club is supposed to represent, or change the clubs name altogether. I know you've tried your hardest Robert, and all your hard work has been very much appreciated so far, but don't lose sight of what you started out to do :cheers:
i agree with you here about the whippet end but without the lurcher end ther would not be a very good turn out so i think its fair to say it takes all sorts :thumbsup:

Hi Coatsy,

I agree with you 100%, but what I was told when joining this club was that it was to promote whippets as the versatile and all round sporting breed that they are. There's no doubt about it that there are more lurchers about, but I spent years going to lurcher shows and showing and running my whippets against lurchers, and I support Robert whole heartedly in what he set out to do, I just think the whole thing is in danger of becoming another lurcher event.

Having said all that, the whippets I have at the minute may not even chase the lure, but I still think there should be a stake for those pure whippets that the club is supposed to be about. Certainly let the lurchers run against each other, I even have one myself that could come :lol:

Every event relies on the support it receives, and it may be that it is the right call to split the dogs into height classes, but give the whippets a chance, and if there are no entries for a pure whippet stake then it's nobodies fault only the whippet owners themselves!!

dukie :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

hi dukie

i agree with you there should be a race for pure bred whippets and i no robert will run one for them so come on the pure bred whippet people get them entered :thumbsup:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back