The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Nnwrf Bend Events

weathergirls

N.N.W.R.F. CHAIRPERSON
Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
the following is a suggestion that was put to us and something Dee and myself have been talking about, it would help to hear what NNWRF members think

As some members don't race the bends for one reason or another would you be interested in a 100 mtr race which would be from the traps at the top bend down to the finish

This was tried at Warwick once before, I do recall it being vaguely successful with the exception of Jackerella deciding to go for a swim instead lol

if it got other dogs racing dont see why it wouldnt work :thumbsup:

THEY WOULD BE GOING TO FAST IN TO THE DROP WOULDENT THEY.IF YOURE THINKING OF HIGHGATE.

would it be in weight classes level break ?

Last edited by a moderator:
May be if got traps put in middle of top bend slow them down bit run a dog leg but only idea no sure it will work

the bunny could be taken further round as for handicap and weight classes etc open to suggestions

my own veiws - it sounds ok something for those who don't do bends but the more I turn it over in my head I'm really not sure regarding the safety aspects of it, mind you I don't even like the dash on the straight, having said that Highgate do have a 100 mt race,

:wacko:

My gut feeling is as you say Linda safety aspect, are you meaning dogs don't do bends purely because of the distance, can't take the bends well or don't do the 'bend' which even if on straight would they be steadying anticipating the bend which could cause collisions. I think the dash is good for dogs that do bend and I would think would see some good finishes, if a decent format was found, as another event think it could work would possibly be a good alternative to consolation racing for dogs wanting a second run if knocked out :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
wud the dog still be running around one bend????

my opinion on it linda would be forget it .getting straight dogs to run 100yds when they are at full flo and then stop on the bend i think its a disaster waiting to happen as jade said my own dog jackarella did it and it took me bloody ages to get that dog right afterwards (JUST MY OPINION ON THE MATTER)

keep bends for bends and straights for straights simpelsssssssssss :thumbsup:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back