The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Nnwrf Constitution

Paws123

NNWRF TREASURER
Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Okay yet another trip to the bank for me

I have changed the NNWRF bank account over to a different bank this was advised off the bank manager where the old account is , as it stands we now have 2 account the later one will be getting closed when the problems are solved, any moneys left in there will be transfered over to our new account.

I had a meeting with the new bank manager and he has gave us an account with the best deal possible, but he asked for a copy of the "NNWRF Constitution" (for any one that doesn't know what a Constitution is. its a written document, that establishes the rules and principles that govern a organizations), i explain to the bank manager we only had a rule book ...

He has kindly offered to help us have our own Constitution that will be signed and sealed by the banks own solicitor this is what i have come up with so far...

The New National Whippet Racing Federation

A voluntary committee that works along side it members

That this body be known as “The New National Whippet Racing Federation (NNWRF)”. The aims of the Association shall be to promote greater friendship and understanding between the Whippet racing members ; to give greater strength to the advancement of the sport to help clubs dealings with local councils in negotiation for land; and to control and standards Whippet racing. The committee consists of trust worthy persons anyone ever having had a ban cannot apply to hold a position on the committee.

Then it follows by the name and address of the committee and a copy of our rule book

Please note the red writing i have be legally advised to add this due to past doings and personally think its a good idea would like to see our other organization follow suit, this will stop any unnecessary troubles in my eyes (just my opinion)

YOUR COMMENTS PLEASE

D BAILEY

Sounds good to me, the shorter and less open to misinerpretation the better :D Keep up the good work dee :cheers:

Thanks Dee for all your hard work - as to the Constitution it certainly gets a thumbs up from me.

Elaine

if it stops the fact that people can thieve from the members that it has too be good!!! :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: well done dee for all youre extra work im sure all members appreaciate it :cheers:

The committee consists of trust worthy persons anyone ever having had a ban cannot apply to hold a position on the committee.

so do you think the bellwoods are trust worthy as i understand they was or have never been under ban yet think most new them to be untrust worthy, so anyone your committee take a dislike to and ban's will never be allowed on any other committee WHO GAVE YOU THIS LEGALLY ADVISE ??

AND WHEN HAVE YOU WORKED ALONG SIDE YOUR MEMBERS AS FOR THE REST OF YOUR CONSTITUTION ITS THE BEST JOKE ALL YEAR NEALY AS GOOD AS THE ONE ABOUT YOUR TREASURER

you really wanna get into this one no you cant your banned WHY well lets see oh no not worth the efort they did wrong but at least there paying it back

this constitution should be held up by all committees to stop the likes of you ever getting back into a position of any kind on any committee theres no excuse for what has been done either by our x treasurer or yourselves i wondered how long it would be before you opened your hypocritical gobs :rant: can a mod please delete there post

Last edited by a moderator:
and before it goes further i am not getting back into this shite with hellbound the words hypocrite sums it up but if you persist watch this space.......

this is not your concern Yvonne neither you or Tony are members of the NNWRF and never will be and that is by a court agreement and apart from that nobody is interested in anything you have to say

DENISE BAILEY said:
I have changed the NNWRF bank account over to a different bank this was advised off the bank manager where the old account is  , as it stands we now have 2 account the later one will be getting closed when the problems are solved, any moneys left in there will be transfered over to our new account.

I had a meeting with the new bank manager and he has gave us an account with the best deal possible, but he asked for a copy of the "NNWRF Constitution" (for any one that doesn't know what a Constitution is. its  a written document, that establishes the rules and principles that govern a organizations), i explain to the bank manager we only had a rule book ...

He has kindly offered to help us have our own Constitution that will be signed and sealed by the banks own solicitor this is what i have come up with so far...

That this body be known as “The New National Whippet Racing Federation (NNWRF)”. The aims of the Association shall be to promote greater friendship and understanding between the Whippet racing members ; to give greater strength to the advancement of the sport to help clubs dealings with local councils in negotiation for land; and to control and standards Whippet racing. The committee consists of trust worthy persons anyone ever having had a ban cannot apply to hold a position on the committee.

Then it follows by the name and address of the committee and a copy of our rule book

Please note the red writing i have be legally advised to add this due to past doings and personally think its a good idea would like to see our other organization follow suit, this will stop any unnecessary troubles in my eyes (just my opinion)

YOUR COMMENTS PLEASE

D BAILEY

what about criminal records,if they count you geordies have f***ed it,lol :thumbsup:

Just do wot every organization does, get people police checked :thumbsup:

it might be an idea to add that anyone having a criminal conviction cant hold office.in show circles the kennel club didnt used to allow anyone to register a litter,show,judge or take part in any kennel club event if they had a criminal conviction.it might have changed, im not sure cos i dont show any more, but i think it might cover you more from a legal standpoint if you do put this in :thumbsup:

if people are willing to do a job on a committee they are put into a position of trust and things have Been tough lately with recent events but think of this ,most do the job for members and for the love of this sport to make it better , and that is what we as the new nwrf are striving to do even with the setbacks :( there will always be critics please dont take this wrong iam not having a dig at anyone who has just posted i know its light heartedly :thumbsup: but without these folk who do this for all committees there would be no racing just a thought :))

Spot on Gary :thumbsup: I think it's a shame that some have abused the trust others have had in them and I hope whoever takes on the role of treasurer bears this in mind.

DENISE BAILEY said:
I have changed the NNWRF bank account over to a different bank this was advised off the bank manager where the old account is  , as it stands we now have 2 account the later one will be getting closed when the problems are solved, any moneys left in there will be transfered over to our new account.

I had a meeting with the new bank manager and he has gave us an account with the best deal possible, but he asked for a copy of the "NNWRF Constitution" (for any one that doesn't know what a Constitution is. its  a written document, that establishes the rules and principles that govern a organizations), i explain to the bank manager we only had a rule book ...

YOUR COMMENTS PLEASE

D BAILEY

:thumbsup: WELL DONE DEE

You can race along side a fellow racers for years and vote them in to do a a job you trust them to do for the members, but how well do you really know someone ? there is never any guarantee that person will do it. We all as members are to blame for voting the wrong person on. But under these rules no one untrustworthy would get a second chance to do it again, that is if thay have the face to stay in the sport. It is up to the members now to think long and hard before voting.

Hope this helps,looked it up on the net,(not out of a book :- " )As the biggest concern of everybody has been the loss financially to the members including the commitee.Then IMO we need to make as many safe guards as possible in the constitution to ensure nothing like this can ever happen again.

Whatever size of organisation is involved(In this case the NNWRF),it is reasonable to expect the management commitee will

1. Ensure that assets(property,money,etc)are applied towards the organisations purpose and aims.

2.Operate in an accountable and transparent manner

3.Provide financial information on an accurate,regular and timely basis.

4.To maintain effective good working practices as a whole and between commitee members.

You could even go as far as to list the responsibilities of each individual commitee member.Should you so wish,but for me the most important thing would be to MAKE sure that the treasurer (whoever takes on the post)is not allowed sole responsibilty for the money.By that I mean yes the treasurer would be responsible for up to date accounts,and providing regular financial reports(yearly is regular)to the commitee and members.However with reguard to any cash collected,for example at opens,then all money should be counted in the pressence of another commitee member,and a reciept book signed by both individuals.No cash payments made out where possible,but if cash needs to be paid out then again 2 signatures on a reciept book.This practise protects the treasurer and the members.and finally,then i'll shut up :lol: Pay for a second set of bank statements to be forwarded to another commitee member so that there is less chance of it being a long period of time before mistakes are found.

Who'ld want the responsibility of being on a commitee :wacko: :lol: :D Karen

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back