The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Nnwrf Constitution

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
first of all i would like to thank the NNWRF committee for the way they are handling the recent events it has been hard work for you all it has been well managed .

i have been on a few greyhound committee's in the past and it can be a thankless job i have also left some greyhound committees because of the closed door policy i dont agree with keeping it all hush hush from the rest of the members it causes a lot of problems .

i think that all members should help out not leave it to the committee and working committee i'm happy to help out if asked to im sure quite a few others will, there seem to be a lot of people quick to moan but not as quick to help out try putting same energy into helping,it will then free up the committee to do the job they were appointed to do .

tifnuitose(thats it for now until i think of something else :- " :) )

Tony

weathergirls said:
this is not your concern Yvonne neither you or Tony are members of the NNWRF and never will be and that is by a court agreement  and apart from that nobody is interested in anything you have to say

WHAT COURT AGREEMENT ! ???? YOU TOOK TONY'S MONEY FOR MEMBERSHIP AND REG OFF, " BOUND TOO" IN THE NNWRF ( OH SORRY DI BELLWOOD BORROWED HIS MONEY ) LOL

NICE TO SEE YOUR WORKING WITH YOUR MEMBERS AGAIN SO DID YOU TAKE A VOTE ON WEATHER WE WOULD EVER BE ALLOWED TO BE MEMBERS :oops: THIS MUST HAVE BEEN AT LAST YEARS A.G.M ( THE A.G.M YOU HAVE EVERY YEAR ) OH SORRY YOU DON'T HAVE ANY A.G.M'S SO HOW DO YOU WORK WITH YOUR MEMBERS OH YES YOU TELL THEM WHAT YOUR DOING AND THEY DON'T GET A SAY THATS RIGHT :wacko:

Wrong i still have got Tony's money and his new NNWRF card here in an envelope , i was told to hold Tony's membership until every things you have belonging the feds is back and at present its not

The same as i have Mr & Mrs Bellwood's membership book here too, until everything they owes back

Last edited by a moderator:
hellbound said:
NICE TO SEE YOUR WORKING WITH YOUR MEMBERS AGAIN SO DID YOU TAKE A VOTE ON WEATHER WE WOULD EVER BE ALLOWED TO BE MEMBERS  :oops:  
As a matter of fact yes the members did in may 2004 at a members meeting , they agreed that the nnwrf committee did everything possible to retrieve moneys, equipment , book & bank work etc until such times you were both to be refused membership...

But the state of affairs at present has nothing to do with your past affairs ...its totally a different matter

Unless you both are will to return everything , then by all means your case will be reassessed

is it the part of the constitution regarding anyone like yourselves are not allowed to put up for a committee position thats upsetting you :(

Tony Taylor said:
Before I start this post I'd like to point out I think that the current NNWRF committee are doing a first rate job on the whole to the extent that it's probably the premier non ped racing body at this time and far cry from theold NWRF before it's collapse.
AFAIK the NWRF/NNWRF has always been  a non democratic committe run organisation unlike the BWRA which is supposedly a democratic organisation run by it's members through proposals, voting and AGM/EGMs.

There is nothing wrong with committee run organisations where the committee consists of people who run the organisations for the benefit of the sport rather than themselves and the IRG and NNWRF are good examples of this. I think most of us can remember what happens when such organisations are run for the benefit of the committee members instead of the sport.

Democratic organisations are not always run purely for the benefit of it's members. Sometimes those on the top table seem more interested in promoting their own agenda than working for the organisations members. Whilst the majority of BWRA committee members are clearly working for members at their own expense and doing the jobs they were elected to do my opinion is that not everyone is or has been of the same frame of mind. Unfortunatly those with an interest in self promotion are often more likely to find their way onto such committees rather than those prepared to do the job asked of them.

My view is that the NNWRF top table, ie chairman, secretary, treasurer, registrar etc should be elected or appointed for "life" ( or until they resign or perhaps voted off by the rest of the committee) plus a working committee of say 12 members that are elected subject to being able to fullfill certain criteria ( eg being a member for over 5yrs, good character etc). The working committee would help run the events and have a vote at committee meetings. In this way no one could dominate the organisation and only those interested in promoting the sport would get a vote on how the organisation is run.

We could do an awful lot worse than keep the current top table as it stands and keep all those currently co opted onto the working committee and perhaps increase the current working committtee to 12 by election.

so wot u saying then tony the bwra committee members run it for themselves sue

A FEW AMENDMENTS TO THE NEW CONSTITUTION ...DRUG TESTING

& RULES 41 ALSO ADD TO YOUR MEMBERSHIP BOOKS

The New National Whippet Racing Federation

A voluntary committee that works along side it members

That this body be known as “The New National Whippet Racing Federation (NNWRF)”. The aims of the Association shall be to promote greater friendship and understanding between the Whippet racing community to give greater strength to the advancement of the sport ,and to control and standardize Whippet racing. The committee consists of trust worthy persons anyone ever having defrauded or been under a ban of the NNWRF cannot apply to hold a position on the top table.

Drug Testing

The NNWRF has an established drugs testing programme. The aim for a 'drug free sport' is working to eliminate any case where drugs or substances may be used with the intention of modifying natural ability to a whippets race,masking injury or using any substance that could affect a whippets well being.Samples are alway taken by a professional handler (veterinarian/ nurse) and are tested by HFL, a accredited laboratory with a world-wide reputation for quality and standards. The sampling and testing regime is backed by research. Positive result is given the Owner and whippet will be dealt with by the NNWRF committee refusal to comply with such a test will result in Disqualification from future events until dealt with

Rule 41(Any person/persons found handing or using illegal

Drugs for personal use at any NNWRF event will be asked to leave the venue.)

Tony Taylor said:
Before I start this post I'd like to point out I think that the current NNWRF committee are doing a first rate job on the whole to the extent that it's probably the premier non ped racing body at this time and far cry from theold NWRF before it's collapse.
AFAIK the NWRF/NNWRF has always been  a non democratic committe run organisation unlike the BWRA which is supposedly a democratic organisation run by it's members through proposals, voting and AGM/EGMs.

There is nothing wrong with committee run organisations where the committee consists of people who run the organisations for the benefit of the sport rather than themselves and the IRG and NNWRF are good examples of this. I think most of us can remember what happens when such organisations are run for the benefit of the committee members instead of the sport.

Democratic organisations are not always run purely for the benefit of it's members. Sometimes those on the top table seem more interested in promoting their own agenda than working for the organisations members. Whilst the majority of BWRA committee members are clearly working for members at their own expense and doing the jobs they were elected to do my opinion is that not everyone is or has been of the same frame of mind. Unfortunatly those with an interest in self promotion are often more likely to find their way onto such committees rather than those prepared to do the job asked of them.

My view is that the NNWRF top table, ie chairman, secretary, treasurer, registrar etc should be elected or appointed for "life" ( or until they resign or perhaps voted off by the rest of the committee) plus a working committee of say 12 members that are elected subject to being able to fullfill certain criteria ( eg being a member for over 5yrs, good character etc). The working committee would help run the events and have a vote at committee meetings. In this way no one could dominate the organisation and only those interested in promoting the sport would get a vote on how the organisation is run.

We could do an awful lot worse than keep the current top table as it stands and keep all those currently co opted onto the working committee and perhaps increase the current working committtee to 12 by election.

Seems a shame to bring this down to,having a pop at other organisations Tony.This thread is about helping the NNWRF come up with a good constitution :thumbsup: We all have our oppinions on how things should be run.I personally whole heartedly support democratically run organisations,and find it hard to understand,how organisations can be run without members playing an active role in descisions,but as this is the first organisation I have been a member of which doesn't run in a democratic way,i'm sure I will soon learn.

Due to recent circumstances your fourth paragraph seemed hypocritical,unfortunately that paragraph could be applied to the NNWRF suspended ex commitee member(s).(some one was definately promoting the lining of their own pocket).

Instead of having a dig at others lets all work towards,helping commitees to run,in a proper manner,after all which ever commitee they could all just be running their own dogs, just like you and I.Instead of putting themselves up for the flack that we give them. :) Karen

Instead of having a dig at others lets all work towards,helping commitees to run,in a proper manner,after all which ever commitee they could all just be running their own dogs, just like you and I.Instead of putting themselves up for the flack that we give them. :) Karen

Here Here, well said Karen

I for one would like to congratulate the NNWRF :thumbsup: for dealing with this very serious situation that they have had to deal with :(

They have been honest and open to what has happened. We are all aware that the guilty party were friends with the top table, and this could have been dealt with without it becoming public knowledge, but they put their friendship to one side and brought it out into the open, so to speak.

In respect of the committee taking FLAK :D this is part and parcel of the job.

Jayne

Anything not relating to the NNWRF Constitution has been removed :thumbsup:

S. Rodgers said:
Tony Taylor said:

so wot u saying then tony the bwra committee members run it for themselves sue

No

Nowere in my post do I say the committee run it for themselves and no such sentiments are given or implied in the above; note the phrase "the majority of BWRA committee members are clearly working for members at their own expense and doing the jobs they were elected"

However it's apparant that this is not alwys the case. Witness the on going debate on drug testing, last years debacle over the attempted backdoor outlawing of large scratch dogs on the bends and the long running insult of committee members claiming expenses for attending opens they are racing at.

The point is that even a supposedly democratic organisation doesn't always guarrentee being run with those who put the members first.

In the BWRA case this partly because committee members are often appointed without a mandate from the members by election and by the choice of candidates in elections being limited to those who want the job regardless of whether they are suitable or not.

rodders said:
Seems a shame to bring this down to,having a pop at other organisations Tony.This thread is about helping the NNWRF come up with a good constitution :thumbsup: We all have our oppinions on how things should be run.I personally whole heartedly support democratically run organisations,and find it hard to understand,how organisations can be run without members playing an active role in descisions,but as this is the first organisation I have been  a member of which doesn't run in a democratic way,i'm sure I will soon learn.Due to recent circumstances your fourth paragraph seemed hypocritical,unfortunately that paragraph could be applied to the NNWRF suspended ex commitee member(s).(some one was definately promoting the lining of their own pocket).

I'm not having a pop at any other organisations, least of all the BWRA. See the above reply to Sue.

The 4th paragraph isn't hypocritical. As above the point is that democratic organisations don't always guarrentee that committeee members will work for the benefit of it's members. Time will tell if the "non democratic" NNWRF can resolve it's current problem to the benefit of it's members. Looking at the way it's dealing with the problem in an open and honest manner you've got to think that the chances are good.

In the past certain committees have been pretty choosey who they let help them.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back