The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Nnwrf Members Meeting At Highgate

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
lets just wait and see what the commitee from the N N W R F have to say i did not go to the meeting(did not find out till late ) so i would like to hear from the officials first before i say anything

Tony

rodders said:
cliff hanger said:
As a NNWRF member I attended this meeting today, and felt that the commitee were in full control of the situation.They put the facts of the matter to the members and made me feel that there was no cover up, suspended the persons involved and listened to our views.

I won't mention names because I feel that if you can't be bothered to attend this meeting, why should I be bothered to give you line & verse.

cliff

If you are refering to me Cliff,then it was not a case of not being bothered to attend.It was a case of not knowing about the meeting until today.Just because I wasn't able to attend the meeting doesn't mean i'm not bothered about it and the events leading up to the meeting Karen

weathergirls Sep 15 2007, 11:20 AM Post #1

THERE WILL BE A MEETING FOR ALL N.N.W.R.F. MEMBERS ON SUNDAY 16th sept AT approx 12 O' CLOCK AT HIGHGATE STADIUM

as this meeting has been called at short notice can you please pass this info on to members who do not have internet access

on behalf of the N.N.W.R.F.committee

--------------------

Linda Broom

Linda put this announcement on at 11.20am Sep 15th, you were active on k9 on this date at least twice ie 8. 35pm and 9.17pm, and your telling me you didn't see it

cliff 8) :D lol

cliff hanger said:
rodders said:
cliff hanger said:
As a NNWRF member I attended this meeting today, and felt that the commitee were in full control of the situation.They put the facts of the matter to the members and made me feel that there was no cover up, suspended the persons involved and listened to our views.

I won't mention names because I feel that if you can't be bothered to attend this meeting, why should I be bothered to give you line & verse.

cliff

If you are refering to me Cliff,then it was not a case of not being bothered to attend.It was a case of not knowing about the meeting until today.Just because I wasn't able to attend the meeting doesn't mean i'm not bothered about it and the events leading up to the meeting Karen

THERE WILL BE A MEETING FOR ALL N.N.W.R.F. MEMBERS ON SUNDAY 16th sept AT approx 12 O' CLOCK AT HIGHGATE STADIUM

as this meeting has been called at short notice can you please pass this info on to members who do not have internet access

--------------------

Linda Broom

Linda put this announcement on at 11.20am Sep 15th, you were active on k9 on this date at least twice ie 8. 35pm and 9.17pm, and your telling me you didn't see it

perhaps it wasnt karen on here, as some members do read on here on other peoples names in their family, as i know my daughter emma does sue

S. Rodgers said:
cliff hanger said:
rodders said:
cliff hanger said:

cliff

--------------------

Linda Broom

perhaps it wasnt karen on here, as some members do read on here on other peoples names in their family, as i know my daughter emma does sue

Sorry Sue for not making myself clear,meant to say in my reply she posted on that date and time.And signed her name :D

cliff

Errr :oops: Excuse me for not reading everything on this forum,everytime I visit it Cliff?,but I assure you that as I am one among many that didn't attend the meeting,it still means I as a member would like to know what went on.Now as I wouldn't want to give you typers cramp :oops: wasting your time giving a detailed account of the meeting please sign your real name on here and I will be happy to approach you in person at another whippet event to discuss this further.At no time have I blamed the NNWRF for short notice on the emergency meeting.Normally emergency meetings are called at short notice :wacko: however short notice does mean some people will be unable to attend,and as I was all ready at another venue when I like others there found out about the meeting and the reasons for it being called then I am sure the NNWRF commitee and its members who attended will appreciate the reason I wasn't there Karen Platts

sorry for the delay in tbis statement but my p.c is in my office and this is the earliest opportunity I have had to do it

2 AGO WEEKS I HAD A TELEPHONE CALL TO SAY A CHEQUE FROM THE NNWRF HAD BEEN RETURNED UNPAID I CONTACTED OUR TREASURER DIANE BELLWOOD WHO SAID IT MUST BE A MISTAKE SHE WOULD GO TO THE BANK AND SORT IT OUT. I WASN 'T COMFORTABLE WITH THE SITUATION SO I CONTACTED OUR REGISTRAR DENISE BAILEY WHO IS A SIGNATORY ON THE ACCOUNT SHE IMMEDIATLEY CONTACTED THE BANK TO GET A BALLANCE ON THE ACCOUNT ONLY TO FIND THERE WAS PRACTCALLY NOTHING IN THERE . DEE CONTACTED THE TREASURER AND INFORMED HER OF OUR FINDINGS SHE EVENTUALLY ADMITTED TO HAVING BORROWED FROM THE ACCOUNT AND INTENDED TO PAY IT BACK WITHOUT ANYONE FINDING OUT.

BOTH BRUCE AND DI BELLWOOD WERE IMMEDIATELEY DISMISSED FROM THE COMMITTEE AND THEIR MEMBERSHIPS WERE WITHDRAWN

FOR THE NEXT 10 DAYS DEE HAS BEEN IN MEETINGS WITH WITH THE BANK AND GOING THROUGH THE FIGURES FROM THE BEGINING OF THE NNNWRF ACCOUNT TO FIND OUT WHAT AMOUNT IS OWING.

AS IT STANDS AT PRESENT D BELLWOOD HAS SIGNED A STATEMENT ADMITTING BORROWING £4156 A REPAYMENT OF £1800 HAS BEEN RECEIVED FROM D. BELLWOOD AND THE TOTAL AMOUNT OUTSTANDING TO BE REPAID A,S.A.P NOT LATER THAN 31st DECEMBER 2007 IS £2356

FAILURE TO KEEP TO THIS AGREEMENT WILL RESULT IN LEGAL ACTION BEING TAKEN BY THE NNWRF.

THE BANKS OWN FRAUD INVESTIGATORS ARE AWARE OF THE SITUATION AND

WILL ACT ON IT AT OUR REQUEST

AFTER THE 31ST DECEMBER 2007 IF THE FULL AMOUNT HAS BEEN REPAID A MEMBERS MEETING WILL BE CALLED

~~~~~~~~~~~~ ON BEHALF OF THE N.N.W.R.F. COMMITTEE~~~~~~~~~~

IT IS HOPED THAT THIS SITUATION CAN BE PUT TO ONESIDE UNTIL THAT DATE

AND WE DON'T LET IT SOUR WHAT IS LEFT OF THE 2007 RACING SEASON

Last edited by a moderator:
well said linda im sure we all want to enjoy our racing :thumbsup:

well thankyou for the information i cudnt attend the meeting but members of my club did let me know wot it was about, but thanks linda for putting it on here for all to c and be aware of. :cheers:

rodders said:
Errr  :oops: Excuse me for not reading everything on this forum,everytime I visit it Cliff?,but I assure you that as I am one among many that didn't attend the meeting,it still means I as a member would like to know what went on.Now as I wouldn't want to give you typers cramp :oops: wasting your time giving a detailed account of the meeting please sign your real name on here and I will be happy to approach you in person at another whippet event to discuss this further.At no time have I blamed the NNWRF for short notice on the emergency meeting.Normally emergency meetings are called at short notice :wacko: however short notice does mean some people will be unable to attend,and as I was all ready at another venue when I like others there found out about the meeting and the reasons for it being called then I am sure the NNWRF commitee and its members who attended will appreciate the reason I wasn't there    Karen Platts
Don't get your bloomers in a twist Karen Platts :p

I W O G M O (I was only giving my opinion)

cliff hanger

cliff hanger said:
rodders said:
Errr  :oops: Excuse me for not reading everything on this forum,everytime I visit it Cliff?,but I assure you that as I am one among many that didn't attend the meeting,it still means I as a member would like to know what went on.Now as I wouldn't want to give you typers cramp :oops: wasting your time giving a detailed account of the meeting please sign your real name on here and I will be happy to approach you in person at another whippet event to discuss this further.At no time have I blamed the NNWRF for short notice on the emergency meeting.Normally emergency meetings are called at short notice :wacko: however short notice does mean some people will be unable to attend,and as I was all ready at another venue when I like others there found out about the meeting and the reasons for it being called then I am sure the NNWRF commitee and its members who attended will appreciate the reason I wasn't there    Karen Platts
Don't get your bloomers in a twist Karen Platts :p

I W O G M O (I was only giving my opinion)

cliff hanger

In that case whoever you are,better to get your facts right before you give your opinion Karen Platts or Rodders which ever you prefer

Thankyou for your statement Linda it is appreciated.Roles of commitees and commitee members can be very time consuming jobs :sweating: especially when something of this nature occurs.I hope the membership of the NNWRF are all prepared to wait for the meeting to sort this affair out,in the hope that all monies will be returned.I do however have a problem with the words 'borrowed' and 'borrowing'.IMO(that bits for you Cliff) you only borrow with the owners permission.To take something without the owners permission is stealing.In the fact that commitee members have certain legal never mind just and fair responsibilities to their membership,lets all hope this matter is sorted out in the way it deserves. :( Karen

rodders said:
Thankyou for your statement Linda it is appreciated.Roles of commitees and commitee members can be very time consuming jobs :sweating: especially when something of this nature occurs.I hope the membership of the NNWRF are all prepared to wait for the meeting to sort this affair out,in the hope that all monies will be returned.I do however have a problem with the words 'borrowed' and 'borrowing'.IMO(that bits for you Cliff) you only borrow with the owners permission.To take something without the owners permission is stealing.In the fact that commitee members have certain legal never mind just and fair responsibilities to their membership,lets all hope this matter is sorted out in the way it deserves. :( Karen
you are qujite right in what you are saying Karen just giving the details as they happened borrowing without permission in the eyes of the law as well as our committee's is stealing and is being dealt with as such but in such a way as will enable us to recover the full amount

thank you linda for putting the details of the meeting and i'm sure that the committee are doing everything by the book i'm sorry that i could not get to the meeting as i could not get anyone to look after my mum or wendyat such short notice

Tony

It is a difficult position for all members & committee to find themselves in, i like many others had full faith in the treasurer. Being at the meeting i know the same as everyone else there, now those that weren't there know the same facts as the rest of us maybe we could let this one lie until the meeting, once the given timescale is up.

S. Rodgers said:
Is it true Linda u now have a new treasurer  sue
Dee will take on the treasurers roll for the rest of this year she has done an excellent job under very difficult circumstances over the past 2 weeks. There will be no further changes to the committee untill the end of 2007

:thumbsup: Can't have been easy over the last 2 weeks Dee and I dont suppose it can get much better till things are sorted. Thanks for stepping in, much appreciated from rob and me :cheers:

I have tried to be as fair as possible when sorting out the past 4 years books, i could only calculate figures of what could be proved , also had a great deal of help off the bank manager

I have offered to take the roll of Treasurer until the end of the year as advised by the bank manager due to the situation, and hopefully by the beginning of 2008 every thing can be passed on to who ever takes the position we have one or two of our own committee will to do so

I would also like to thank our members that offered on Sunday there help it was much appreciated

Dee

DENISE BAILEY said:
I have tried to be as fair as possible when sorting out the past 4 years books, i could only calculate figures of what could be proved , also had a great deal of help off  the bank manager I have offered to take the roll of Treasurer until the end of the year as advised by the bank manager due to the situation, and hopefully by the beginning of 2008 every thing can be passed on to who ever takes the position we have one or two of our own committee will to do so

I would also like to thank our members that offered on Sunday there help it was much appreciated

Dee

Well Done Dee and Good Luck Sue

S. Rodgers said:
DENISE BAILEY said:
I have tried to be as fair as possible when sorting out the past 4 years books, i could only calculate figures of what could be proved , also had a great deal of help off  the bank manager I have offered to take the roll of Treasurer until the end of the year as advised by the bank manager due to the situation, and hopefully by the beginning of 2008 every thing can be passed on to who ever takes the position we have one or two of our own committee will to do so

Dee

Well Done Dee and Good Luck Sue

Well done Dee I hope everyone will let the committe do there job and sort things out to everones satisfaction.

Its got to be a very trying time for all the rest of the committe but dont let it get in the way of the racing calendar that is still to be run

Joyce

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back