The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Nnwrf New Camping Venue

Paws123

NNWRF TREASURER
Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
The NNWRF have sealed a new camping venue today at Witton Castle Country Park (Bishop Auckland ) our 2009 camping venues will be held there (easter weekend and straight 2009 championship's)

A little bit of work on the new track will be getting done over the next few months... the whippet caravans & tents will use the field we have been provided with ..there is on site showers, toilets , laundrette , take-away cafeteria, a gift and grocery shop and games and television rooms, function room for presentation nights & bar

There are also twenty acres of fishing lakes providing good sport for the most discerning of fishermen price @ £22 sorry can not remember if that was pre day or weekend but will find out

Here is a link to Witton Castle Country Park web site

photos to follow

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks great Dee. Well done the NNWRF for getting such a great place. Kieran getting exited about the fishing already.

We are still gobsmacked at the place, this will without doubt be the best venue whippet racing has ever had. Apart from one little dip (work needed on this is minimal), the track is in better condition than a lot of others currently being raced on.

Already i can't wait to go back.

Well done the fed, cant wait for next year :cheers: :cheers: (Thank god no bingo!!!!!)

chris

this is going to be a fantastic venue :thumbsup: the owner is a perfect gent :thumbsup:

Can not wait , had loads of offers for help today, also to pick fed equipment up for us ...

its very much appreciated :thumbsup:

hoping to get some stalls on also a hog roast and the usual burger van ...leaving Vicky to sort these :thumbsup:

swallowsnest will also still stay as fed venue for future racing also :thumbsup: just incase anyone was wondering :)

i had a handful said:
DOES THAT MEAN ME + TOMMY (THE TRACTOR) ARE REDUNDANT. :(   LES.

Nooo silly just means you'll have to travel more miles to sort the track lol ...(only joking)

IF THER'S FLY FISHJNG FOR TROUT I MIGHT PUT TOMMY IN VAN + DO TWO JOB'S IN ONE. :cheers:

yes there is plenty fishing i am more than sure its fly ...

would be good to have you there :thumbsup:

Fishery is stocked with Rainbow trout, more details here> Witton Castle Lakes

View of the fishery

Clipboard14.jpg

[SIZE=14pt]WITTON CASTLE[/SIZE]

Grade ll building dating back to the 1400's owned by Marton Hall set on 338 acres estate with 20 acres of fishing lakes.

Clipboard28.jpg

Clipboard19.jpg

Clipboard22.jpg

Clipboard26.jpg

Clipboard06-1.jpg

The grand hall ceiling (yeah I know I'm geeky)

Clipboard10.jpg

Clipboard12.jpg

Clipboard13.jpg

Clipboard11.jpg

The grand hall

Clipboard09.jpg

The courtyard

Clipboard27.jpg

Clipboard25.jpg

Ornamental Pond (just being spruced up)

Clipboard23.jpg

Big, big field for camping! :cheers:

Clipboard03-1.jpg

Oh go on then I'll treat you to a few piks of the track! :lol:

[SIZE=14pt]The Track[/SIZE]

Clipboard01-1.jpg

Clipboard02-1.jpg

Can't wait!! :D

I think the NNWRF are extremely honoured to have such a fantastic location and there's a lot of people focused on getting the track perfect and hosting a great weekend of racing. :thumbsup:

not far away from us from our caravan storage we're happy :cheers: :huggles:

can we go in and look around the castle ????

looks fantastic i cant wait till next year now. :cheers: to fed for finding such a fab place :luck:

If it's £22 for the weekend that's a good deal :thumbsup: because it states on the link that it's £18 per night including electric hook up.

milly said:
If it's £22 for the weekend that's a good deal :thumbsup: because it states on the link that it's £18 per night including electric hook up.
The £22 is for fishing

There will be no electric hook up as the whippet caravans / tent have been allocated a field with track ...not the main touring pitches

There will be a set camping fee for whippet racers...this will include use of all facility's

can we go in and look around the castle ????
certain part of the castle are open to tourists

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back