The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Nnwrf Open

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
it is a shame the opens 1 bend and 1 straight the NNWRF put on in the South are not better supported but understandable in the present climate with cost of fuel etc having said that the NNWRF do have quite a few loyal members in the South who travel the length and breadth of the country to support our events and I believe it is our duty to accommodate them with a share of the events we stage and will allways push for the NNWRF to do that even more so now the NWWRF two major straight weekend events will in 2009 be further north at WITTON CASTLE.

At Portsmouth we allways expect to make aloss on the day and we usually do owing to the cost of the stadium hire which is £300 however this year even with the lowest attendance ever we actually broke even thanks to the thoughtful racers on the day returning their winnings and members who came along to spectate donating to the cost of the stadium, the brilliant atmosphere more than out weighed the dissapointing turnout

A huge thanks to Gizzy, John (J two o), Josh Madgwick, Tony Warren, Tommy Carr and everyone else who helped out

Well done to all winners especially MAIZEE-MU taking supreme on the day and LUDACRIS winning the dog final A special congratulations to Bert and Janes SUP N.CH MORPHEOUS gaining his 5th golden jacket at the age of 5 and their youngster PRIMUS gaining his first golden jacket in a cracking race with Tony's ONES CUSHTI BOC all in all a much deserved good day for the Madgwick household, and well done Lyndon a very promising start to DARLO DELIGHTS bend racing career certainly one to watch for the forthcoming bend champs

Last edited by a moderator:
A BRILLIANT REPLY LINDA I FULLY AGREE WITH YOU ON ALL POINTS LETS TAKE THE POSITIVES FROM YESTERDAY AND PUT THIS NORTH SOUTH DIVIDE TO BED WE ARE ALL DEDICATED WHIPPETEERS.ROLL ON HARLOW WHATEVER THE ATTENDANCE A GOOD DAY WILL BE HAD BY ALL.

And as for RealMadrid it is not a brainless comment but common sense, something i think you dont have much of. Doesnt take you long to spit you dummy out.

The 'common sense' is that I believe (and I'm not one of them) that there is many southern racers who travel regular up and down the country (mainly up), and perhaps they should have an event in their backyard. I'm certainly aware that travel is expensive, that's why I'd congratulate the NNWRF on putting the event on down in the South.

Perhaps 'brainless' was too a strong word, but from my point view you play home and away....

Oh, and isn't next weeks event 'The South Coast Scratch' there's a lot in a name :- "

and, I reckon Harlow is at least 120 miles from any part of the South Coast, maybe 150...not sure...

Kind Regards,

Paul

Oh, and I got what I expected :- " :- " :- "

Sorry to hear turn out was not that good, we would have attended but at the momnet do not have anything running on the bends, we are trying to get two of our dogs fit at present.

Thurrock club has a host of puppies at the moment and we spent Sunday training and racing puppies, this will hopefully be the future for our club.

John and I whenever possible attend as many opens as we can and always will.

Bye

Pat and John

well get to a rew more ya old git,thought youd died its that long since av seen ya

i know but been doing a lot with me greyhounds we have got all the yak yak dogs ken lamprd blueboy aussie ya yak lampards had 5 wins on the spin pays the kennel bills lol

you still a nutter tony cant wait to get bumpt into you marra,take care :thumbsup:

jade scott said:
IMG_3239.jpg
IMG_3240.jpg

IMG_3241.jpg

Am I seeing right 8) can I see a jacketless whippet?

I got my wrists slapped on k9 when our Penny ran without a jacket at Westhoughton :lol:

milly said:
jade scott said:

I got my wrists slapped on k9 when our Penny ran without a jacket at Westhoughton :lol:

there was a reason for the dog in question to run without a jacket, he was asked to those present on the day know the reason for it and all agreed no need to explain any further it has no connection with Westhoughton

weathergirls said:
milly said:
jade scott said:

there was a reason for the dog in question to run without a jacket, he was asked to those present on the day know the reason for it and all agreed no need to explain any further it has no connection with Westhoughton

I also got permission from fellow racers and the trapman, and there is a connection

they were both Fed events

QUOTE(weathergirls @ Mar 3 2008, 10:43 AM)another pleasurable days racing and as promised as allways here in the North West SUNSHINE  .  The scales were kept up for an extra half hour and then some  to allow for those held up on the motorway (were so laid back here in the North West people think theyr'e in Devon) 

A couple of apologies firstly from the committee to the owners of RHYME N' REASON, RAPSCALLION and MAID YOUR POINT owing to the wrong marks on the programme for the H/W dog final this race had to be re-run and secondly from me for Tillie (LITTLE DOLL) turning back out of the traps in the L/W  bitch final I couldn't believe it she's never done it before unfortunately she is back on the injury list and fortunately there was a reason for it  she didn't just jib it 

Thanks to Kieth Woodward for working on the traps all day as allways does a great job , Tommy Carr judge / timing, Thanks to Jac for putting the mats and foot baths out  good to see racers making full use of these precautionary measures  which have been adopted lets hope its kept up at all venues better safe than sorry and last but not least thanks to the rest of the committee

A poor turnout for a classic event but with the BWRA CHAMPS not far away I suppose it was to be expected anyhow it was a good day in a nice friendly relaxed atmospere  Well done to all the winners some cracking racing 

and finally a GRUNT  you know I'm a stickler for the rules

REMINDER ;- ALL DOGS ENTERING INTO A RACE MUST WEAR A JACKET AND IT MUST BE THE CORRECT COLOUR  FAILURE TO DO SO WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION

Good luck to everyone competeing at the BWRA CHAMPS

milly said:
weathergirls said:
milly said:
jade scott said:

I also got permission from fellow racers and the trapman, and there is a connection

they were both Fed events

QUOTE(weathergirls @ Mar 3 2008, 10:43 AM)another pleasurable days racing and as promised as allways here in the North West SUNSHINE  .  The scales were kept up for an extra half hour and then some  to allow for those held up on the motorway (were so laid back here in the North West people think theyr'e in Devon) 

A couple of apologies firstly from the committee to the owners of RHYME N' REASON, RAPSCALLION and MAID YOUR POINT owing to the wrong marks on the programme for the H/W dog final this race had to be re-run and secondly from me for Tillie (LITTLE DOLL) turning back out of the traps in the L/W  bitch final I couldn't believe it she's never done it before unfortunately she is back on the injury list and fortunately there was a reason for it  she didn't just jib it  

Thanks to Kieth Woodward for working on the traps all day as allways does a great job , Tommy Carr judge / timing, Thanks to Jac for putting the mats and foot baths out  good to see racers making full use of these precautionary measures  which have been adopted lets hope its kept up at all venues better safe than sorry and last but not least thanks to the rest of the committee

A poor turnout for a classic event but with the BWRA CHAMPS not far away I suppose it was to be expected anyhow it was a good day in a nice friendly relaxed atmospere  Well done to all the winners some cracking racing 

and finally a GRUNT  you know I'm a stickler for the rules

REMINDER ;- ALL DOGS ENTERING INTO A RACE MUST WEAR A JACKET AND IT MUST BE THE CORRECT COLOUR  FAILURE TO DO SO WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION

Good luck to everyone competeing at the BWRA CHAMPS
the dog in question was ASKED through no fault of his own to run without a jacket by the NNWRF committee present and pass his jacket to another dog due to a late entrant to the race that wasn't on his programme making it a 5 dog race instead of 4

there was a difference in the situation at Westhoughton the committee weren't asked as for getting your wrist slapped there was a reminder put on for all members you were not pointed out specifically

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back