The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Nnwrf Racing Manager

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
How would one seed a dog that rails from the traps, then it goes out wide coming into the second bend, then comes down the final straight in the middle of the track?

Geoff

Not sure whether you want a specific response from an individual or a general opinion?

Personally if I was the owner I wouldn't seed.

My reasoning being if I seeded the dog inside and it went wide at the 2nd bend, it has a high likelihood of making contact with a dog that is an all out inside runner.

My other reason would be the dog isn't favouring any particular side throughout it's race.

How would you seed it Geoff / everyone else?

milly said:
How would one seed a dog that rails from the traps, then it goes out wide coming into the second bend, then comes down the final straight in the middle of the track?Geoff

our roddy does that. do seed him rail :- "

im not really into bend racing but am i right in thinking years ago u cudnt seed inside? i wud imagine a dog that gets the rail will be the one with the advantage. im saying this as ive been training nikki whizz on the bends and it seems the dog on the inside providing it traps get round better maybe its just me like i say i dont take that much notice of bends? :blink:

wild whippies said:
Not sure whether you want a specific response from an individual or a general opinion?
Personally if I was the owner I wouldn't seed.

My reasoning being if I seeded the dog inside and it went wide at the 2nd bend, it has a high likelihood of making contact with a dog that is an all out inside runner.

My other reason would be the dog isn't favouring any particular side throughout it's race.

How would you seed it Geoff / everyone else?

Inside :thumbsup: thanks for the sensible replys :thumbsup:

So is the reason folk would seed inside because of the dogs initial behaviour in the race?

What happens with regards to dogs that can hold the rail all the way through to the second bend? Would an extreme inside seeding comment be worthy or would it be acceptable for these dogs to be thrown wide by those dogs that cannot hold the bend?

Also is there a possible advantage to seeding these dogs inside that cannot hold the bend? i.e. the tighter bend dogs prevent these dogs from being thrown out wide?

Certainly not a job I would like to judge but I do think someone should be acting independantly. :sweating:

Last edited by a moderator:
I think its time seeding was done away with for a trial period and lets see the outcome -- stick to rules and dogs that interfere get disqualified

it is to some an advantage as the inside runner covers less distance thats the reason some seed not because there dog is a rail runner---

some dogs can win if on inside but never get anywhere near winning if on outside -and vice versa ---

I used to see this happen at Poolstock stadium on a regular basis with a dog from Lancaster Called Flying Scott -

not the one owned by the Maudsleys== long before that a bloke called Jock Crawford had it it was a no limit dog---

--to my mind should be done fairly drawn out of hat for traps when weighing in --that gives everyone an equal and fair chance---surely thats what racing is all about ---fair play---equal chances etc.

you pays your money you should all be treat the same ---

no matter who or what you are-----

this is my view only

Steve

watching were the dog goes straight after coming out of the traps if its severe to left then its a seeded dog :) same as with if it traps out and goes directly right then surly its seeded right :- " quite simple really once up the straight then any experienced bend dog will go for a space to its advantage so seeding really applies only to the first bend thats if its a genuine seeding :- " and not for owners advantage :( as far as no seeding Steve would you be happy if your dog decided it wanted a side and thus being thrown out because it crossed :- "

Last edited by a moderator:
hows u anyway boydy havnt seen you in a while ok i hope ;)

mutley said:
watching were the dog goes straight after coming out of the traps if its severe to left then its a seeded dog :)   same as with if it traps out and goes directly right then surly its seeded right :- "  quite simple really once up the straight then any experienced bend dog will go for a space to its advantage so seeding really applies only to the first bend thats if its a genuine seeding :- "  and not for owners advantage :(   as far as no seeding Steve would you be happy if your dog decided it wanted a side and thus being thrown out because it crossed :- "
I agree totally with what mutley has put it is bizare and ridiculous to judge a dogs seeding on the second bend

I'm lost on that. Surely a correctly seeded dog stays in it's position the whole of the track, this has been proved time & time again by photo's and video.

Thanks for putting the thread back up Linda. I presume then that Graham Pem and Gary Bailey are the racing managers? Please correct me if I've read wrong.

What about seeding extreme on the bends? Is it just Inside and Wide or can you seed extreme?

Thanks, chris.

theres no seeding in ireland for greyhounds if youre good enough youre win from any trap especially up the straight

Vicky said:
I'm lost on that.  Surely a correctly seeded dog stays in it's position the whole of the track, this has been proved time & time again by photo's and video.

tell the dogs to stay in lanes Vicky might work ey :D

surly the trouble starts from the box's with dogs going to there sides :( how can you expect any dog to stay left or right all the way round :( wont an experienced dog take advantage of any given space and cross to that space if needed, after all they are sight hounds chasing a lure :)

rob67 said:
Thanks for putting the thread back up Linda. I presume then that Graham Pem and Gary Bailey are the racing managers? Please correct me if I've read wrong. What about seeding extreme on the bends? Is it just Inside and Wide or can you seed extreme?

Thanks, chris.

Sorry didnt realise there was a closed thread about this too. Forget the above waffle!

Am still a little confused tho about how you might seed a dog 'extreme' Inside or Wide. What would you need to see in order to say your dog is extreme. Can Gary or Tony clarify this for me please.

thanks, chris.

rob67 said:
Thanks for putting the thread back up Linda. I presume then that Graham Pem and Gary Bailey are the racing managers? Please correct me if I've read wrong. What about seeding extreme on the bends? Is it just Inside and Wide or can you seed extreme?

Thanks, chris.

i agreed to help graham and tony when necessary :thumbsup: now grahams resigned i will try to help tony to the best of my ability

mutley said:
watching were the dog goes straight after coming out of the traps if its severe to left then its a seeded dog :)   same as with if it traps out and goes directly right then surly its seeded right :- "  quite simple really once up the straight then any experienced bend dog will go for a space to its advantage so seeding really applies only to the first bend thats if its a genuine seeding :- "  and not for owners advantage :(   as far as no seeding Steve would you be happy if your dog decided it wanted a side and thus being thrown out because it crossed :- "

Being thrown out for interferring and thrown out for crossing are 2 seperate things-

So yes-I'd be happy if mine were thrown out for interferring-----not crossing.

Pity more aren't-had many a race with rogue dogs that others turn a blind eye to.

Karen-(him indoors is asleep) :thumbsup:

no disrespect to you Chris, but wont on k9 as Dee said it all gets twisted :( taking a leaf out of the bwra book :- " and i think they do right :) not having a dig at them :thumbsup: only posting as a k9 member not committee member :)) will however reply if its to do with weights times or venues :thumbsup:

Karen-Coral said:
mutley said:

Being thrown out for interferring and thrown out for crossing are 2 seperate things-

So yes-I'd be happy if mine were thrown out for interferring-----not crossing.

Pity more aren't-had many a race with rogue dogs that others turn a blind eye to.

Karen-(him indoors is asleep) :thumbsup:

lazy sod :p

like you say gaz they sight hounds when they see a gap they will go for it time and time again,yous want to let the members seed there dogs and let them sort it out cos yous will get it in the kneck at all the opens, (w00t) rather you than me :blink:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back