The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

No computer !

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Oh,@JudyN. Thank you so much:oops:
If only I had enough fingers to cross:rolleyes:.
I really do think It would be best if I waited until our man could have one more go to get this computer running right.
I hate the thought of trying to correct the problem and then leaving things worse than they were in the first place !
Please don't think I am not grateful for your suggestions.

Not at all, @excuseme! And I'd feel awful if you tried it and and your pooter exploded or something :D I did try the key combination on mine and it bleeped but did nothing else, but I have a man on hand to sort things out if I break something ;)

Well, you probably won't believe it, but amongst all of my problems since the computer has been back I was not always able to find an arrow to go back. The only way I could get off the page was to turn the computer off at the switch.
Today I decided instead of crashing the computer and booting up again that I would do a restart.:eek::eek::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:o_Oo_Oo_Oo_O
And my computer appears to be mended.
Everything is very normal again, the Windows and Google logos are central, the page fits the screen, and my saved documents are all back to normal and the correct sizes. Everything on the internet seems to be fitting the screen quiet normally too.
Why should just clicking on the restart button have resolved the problem so easily ?

I'm a happy bunny now:):) :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:):):):):):)

Turning it off and on solves an amazing number of problems, @excuseme! I'm sorry I didn't think to suggest it earlier - Mr N refuses to investigate any problems on my laptop unless I've done a restart!

Hi Judy,
I do turn it on and off, every evening I shut down properly, and mornings press the button on the front of the computer to turn it back on again. It was just that I used the "restart" button, for an automatic shut down and restart just for something different this morning.

Ah.... Mr N said to be recently that 'restart' did something more than shutting down and turning it on again. I'd always thought previously they would have the same effect.

Anyway, you're back and you're fully functional, which is the important thing!:)

I always thought that it did the same thing too, but obviously not quiet.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back