The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

No Limit Dogs

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Let me put it like this, a good dog man or women keeps a regular check on their dogs weight, wether its 16lbs or 60lbs, and if you put your dog in the no limit knowing its over 40lbs 4 ounces, and you are singled out to have it weighed sureley it makes you feel like SOMEONE thinks you are a cheat This happened to me with Pems Lad,and guess what ......he was 41lbs :D

Makes no odds to me as i don't intend having a no limiter, but i agree with Steve, if No Limiters are going to start being weighed then 2 lots of scales should be used.

i agee that if one is weighd they all should be.just to be fair.ive seen a lot in the past just come and say "NO LIMIT " yet they were 40lb the day before and it wasnt questioned.they have also waited to see what goes in the 40lb class then gone in the no limit cos they think they have a better chance to win.so if they want to weigh them its ok by me.mine is 46lb and well over class ,but like you say some are on the boarderline.jmo

Vicky said:
Makes no odds to me as i don't intend having a no limiter, but i agree with Steve, if No Limiters are going to start being weighed then 2 lots of scales should be used.
Don't you sell scales Vicky? :D

milly said:
Vicky said:
Don't you sell scales Vicky? :D

:lol: Wasn't plugging them.

Most people use them now anyway, i have a couple of sets on the go and i'd be happy to lend one out if a club only had the one and it'd make things easier.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think ALL dogs should be weighed in , but then Im not the poor b :( er who has to lift them. I hope the owners lend a hand getting them up onto the scales , then step back

The owners of the dog in question had no problem with having thier dog weighed,but it did seem a bit silly when someone mentioned removing the dogs collar. The dog weighed in at 41lbs 8oz,so unless he had a shire horses collar on for pulling I don't think that was gonna make much difference :wacko: Karen

I THINK IF ONE HAS TO SO DO ALL THE REST THATS ONLYFAIR

ISNT IT?????

i dont know why people seem 2 think the no limit is easier than the 40lb they r just as hard as each other with some fantastic dogs in each class. :blink:

sherry said:
i dont know why people seem 2 think the no limit is easier than the 40lb they r just as hard as each other with some fantastic dogs in each class.  :blink:
Too true Sherry :thumbsup:

the weighing of the scratch dogs is not new,. a few years ago sue with pips pride was made to weigh him at the bwra champs as he too floating from 40lb and no limit

Vicky said:

u would vicky u just tryin to sell another set lol :thumbsup: :D

ye i agree weigh the dogs that float from 40ld -no limit but dogs/bitch's that are closer to 50ld wots the point,also if a track only as 1 set of scale as in not digi scales these will have to be reset every time so that the lighter weights can be weigh. :p

the only time scratch needs weighing is when its a dog thats known to drift between 40 to no limit some do it avoiding different dogs :) example when son of a bitch was in its prime there was a Que waiting to make sure what weight he was before entering :) not having a dig he had some good opposition now and then:D

my point exactly gary weigh the one that are jumping in and out

plus if u weigh dogs that are heading onto 50lb the person weighing them will have to be strong like the world strongest man unless u will have a bad bak of trying to lift so much weight lol :lol:

and i do agree gary and others the ones drifting weigh but if they arnt then dnt it as simple as 123 and abc if u think about it. :D

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back