The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

No New Club

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Well said Kris. Many people have become disillusioned by the dictatorship and have left the club or even the breed as there has been no alternative offered.

then maybe its time to offer them an alternative :thumbsup:

kris said:
then maybe its time to offer them an alternative :thumbsup:
There is an alternative, it is web based

iguksoc.com

There is plenty I could say about the Italian Greyhound Club, but actually I dont really care enough about the club or a small minority of the people who belong to it to waste the time.

I will just continue to breed and show the type I want to breed and show and sell puppies occassionally at reasonable prices.

What I do care about and what I do object to is the following and this applies to anyone

I do object to people selling litter after litter of Iggies with no regard to where they end up whether they are IG Club members or not.

I do object to the price of puppies getting so high that the back street breeders are now starting to queue up.

I do object to puppies being bred from parents with epilepsy and a pre disposition to leg breaks. In fact I find it unforgivable.

I do object to Stud dog owners who allow unsuitable bitches to their dog and then take no further responsibilty when the litter starts to come into rescue.

I do object to people being told not to buy from anyone who is not a member of the IG Club. That may have been good advice at one time when everyone who counted in the Iggie world was a Club member, however as so many people have left the IG Club who are responsible breeders that is extremely insulting to those of us who do care about our puppies welfare. I rear my puppies no differently now than when I was a member of the IG Club.

The future of the breed is in the hands of the breeders and not the IG Club and quite frankly hell will freeze over before I became a member of the IG Club again.

I have also recently requested my name to be taken off the IG Club judges list. The reason for that was that before my last two judging appointments the secretary was contacted and told that I would not get an entry. I know who contacted them and both Secretarys were adament that no one was going to tell them who to appoint as judges however with entries being so important I feel that it is not in their interest to appoint me. Ive been told that I have let them win but like I said when I resigned as Chairman of The IG Club, let them get on with it and be damned.

So yes Fountainn it would be nice if the back stabbing would stop but lets have a reality check here--------- Its not going to happen now or in the immediate future.

Good luck to them all is what I say, I hope they all find what they are looking for and some :thumbsup:

What a shame Jan. That must make showing quite awkward for you as well at times I suppose. Shame it all gets so political and takes the pleasure out of such a lovely activity/hobby.

Sorry I stirred things up again :oops:

I think an online club's a good idea anyway; come on, we all spend far too much time on this one if proof were needed! If you need any web/graphics with the igusoc help give me a shout (not that I'm overcommitted at all :wacko: )!

Elizabeth

Last edited by a moderator:
moriarte said:
Sorry I stirred things up again :oops:

You havent stirred things up that werent already well and truely stirred. This is quite a civilised exchange of views to some I have heard.

With regards to being awkward at shows, not really, if any of my group wins a class or heaven forbid a ticket we clap, no one else does and quite frankly visa versa. We've all got so used to it being that way now that it only outsiders who notice :thumbsup:

We usually have a good laugh anyway, lets face it everyone goes to win and if you do it is a bonus. If you dont you have a 5 minute sulk and then go shopping :D

I have to say the atomsphere at open shows is probably worse than Champ shows. Ive stopped going to most of them around here unless Alfie is going.

Anyway I have just come in from a lovely walk across the fields with the iggies and indy whippet and Tally lurcher. The grass is high and they have had a wonderful time and are now pooped. That is what owning an iggie or any dog is all about, quality time and enjoyment of their company.

Jan Doherty said:
With regards to being awkward at shows, not really, ........... 

Anyway I have just come in from a lovely walk across the fields with the iggies and indy whippet and Tally lurcher. The grass is high and they have had a wonderful time and are now pooped. That is what owning an iggie or any dog is all about, quality time and enjoyment of their company.

Yes..I can imagine you don't 'do' awkward :b :- " :p (no disrespect or anything)Wrong choice of words there!

Couldn't agree more...........I could spend my whole week out in the hills walking the boys....shame I have to go to work inbetween times. :(

me too! what happened to my-brother-in law in the pic with Wayne, I don't know, he usually looks normal!

wish us luck tomorrow Jan, we're going to our local pet show, Kieran say's Sunny is definately going to win veteran class

may05_023.jpg

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back