The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

No Racing For Me

whippet quick

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Dont beleave it my wife bitch Billie Jo has ripped her leg, she has gone right though the winter with only a few scratches, been jumping wire fences and not one cut, we took her on the beach for a run came home opened the back door on my van and she jumped out and rip her leg on the catch, it a bit worse than i thought she has ripped mussel as well, it the bitch we race at the shows as well, so i dont how long she will be off for, cheers jeff

P1040155.jpg

P1040157.jpg

OMG that's horrendous! Hope she not in too much pain. They tear like tissue don't they?

Speedy recovery!

Its sods law.We always say that,they go all winter,no injuries,as soon as the shows starts,its one thing after another.

I hope she gets better soon,its a nasty injury.

Amandaxx

Thankyou she is very sore only had her back 2 hours, only got to race her a few times last year, we didnt know how good she was,

she done well so we were going to travel this year with her, she is deerhound x greyhound, jeff

Picture337.jpg

About a year ago one of my pups done similar sort of damage on the inside of his leg on some bloody wire left by the council in some reeds walking down the river. I found with mine the cut looked alot bigger and worse because of the delicate skin around the inside leg area - He had 26 stiches altogether.

Luckily he didn't have any muscle damage.

I hope that your cut heals well and muscle damage is minimal.

Best of luck Billi Jo with a speedy recover.

ATB Tom

Such luck Jeff my dog Ash has split his front leg open stiched twice about 12 in all :angry: just as i was getting him ready for the new season (pesky rabbits)?Seen your bitch run at Lurcherworld finals very handy i wish her a speedy recovery and see you at some shows soon Russ. :thumbsup:

Ouch. Poor girlie :(

Hope it heals up quickly for her :luck: . Nasty place to have a rip.

Such luck Jeff my dog Ash has split his front leg open stiched twice about 12 in all :angry: just as i was getting him ready for the new season (pesky rabbits)?Seen your bitch run at Lurcherworld finals very handy i wish her a speedy recovery and see you at some shows soon Russ. :thumbsup:
Cheers Russ, she needs a bit of practice at the racing, we never started to race her till a couple of year ago, she is still only 4. but never had that many racers, there is not much racing here, i have her sister she is a bit faster but i can not race her she flips dogs with her feet on the way past, jeff

Really hope it heals really quick, looks nasty, the only thing i hate about whips is there skins like paper.! :(

Really hope it heals really quick, looks nasty, the only thing i hate about whips is there skins like paper.! :(
Shes a 26in deerhoundxgreyhound, but i know what you mean about whippets i raced them for 10 year, jeff

Last edited by a moderator:
Shes lovely looking,looks made to race.I am sure when she has healed she will do well.She looks fit,and will do again.

Good luck with her.Maybe will will meet at a show sometime.

Amandax

OOoohh that looks sore. My Scrumpy had a barbed wire cut a month ago which needed 12 staples (skin only, luckily no muscle damage) but it was healed in just 2 weeks & now you can hardly see where it was. I used aloe vera gel to help it heal, the dogs love the taste of it tho so you have to make sure they dont lick it all off again. I'd put it on then give her a chewy to keep her occupied for 10 minutes while the gel soaked in.

Hope your dog makes a very quick recovery, she is beautiful by the way :)

I WOULD LIKE TO THANK EVERYONE FOR THERE NICE WORDS AND ADVICE ABOUT BILLIE JO, HOPE SHE GETS WELL SOON AND RACING AGAIN, JEFF

Ouch ! hope it heals quick Jeff. My Storm done similar a few years ago at a show in Belfast, he jumped outve the back of a Calibra i drove..the keys were still in the boot release and he tore his dew claw clean off. Its the daftest times when the worst injuries happen. There was somebody on here a few weeks back whos dog broke its metatarsals playing on the beach !

good luck mate..hope to see you at Selby anyway !

Last edited by a moderator:
Billie jo had a good night sleep. i laid awake all night cheacking her, she is fine, my little bedxwhippet is looking after her, any of the other dogs that go near her she is scattering, thanks jeff

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back