The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

North West Bwra Bend Open

weathergirls

N.N.W.R.F. CHAIRPERSON
Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
No Limit scratch run over 440yds (open to no limit dogs only) sponsored with added prize money by Westhoughton greyhound stadium SABRE trophy donated by Pete Steinlet.....PRE-ENTRY for this race closing date 13th Feb £10 per dog

MAIN HANDICAP. will be run in 3 classes upto 20lb.....26lb.....32lb.....dogs & bitches sep; 1st and 2nd through to 4 dog final.

VETERANS. (because of the extra yardage for age) will be run in 4 classes upto 20lb...24lb....28lb....32lb....All in; 1st & 2nd through to class finals for 4 dog final VET; SCR if required

YEARLINGS; (12 to 18 months) same format as main handicap

36LB, 40LB, and NO LIMIT SCR; 1st and 2nd through.

RACE FEES £5 PER DOG (includes entry into consolation).

CONSOLATION will be run in same classes all in winners only through.

we are trying to get sponsorship full details will be in W.N. nearer the time.

Be very interesting to see just how many No Limit dogs will "STAY" this distance. Unless they have been "schooled" on a regular basic prior to competing they may "blow" up. :p

It will be run on Sunday 20th February 2005 at WESTHOUGHTON GREYHOUND STADIUM WIGAN RD WESTHOUGHTON Nr BOLTON LANCASHIRE. directions will be in W.N. advert (its the week after the tyrone and 2 weeks before the derby)

I KNOW A NO LIMIT BITCH THAT WILL STAY 500 MTRS EASY ;)

I hope your wife dont read this you little bugger Neil! Is she fast aswell as a stayer?good on the beds! :oops: :oops: :oops: sorry that should be bends !

steve.

Fancy that...What traps for the whippets? And the distance? Maybe me, Tom (silver lady and rusty fox) and Bill (in dreams) could come up from the south...be an early start though :wacko:

Paul

The distance is 275yds all racing is from greyhound traps

( it,s not that far I did Portsmouth and back on the day) Anyone travelling from the North or South if you give us enough notice we,ll sort something out for anyone who wants to come the day before

without wanting to start a arguement your scratch race to be held over 400 + yards will there be asafe guard to stop greyhounds being entered .

Jeff are you aware of what you have asked?---and when was you bothered about starting an arguement or two :oops: :lol: ?Is this the new years NEW(JEFF) or are you just having a laff ? :lol: Question WHAT IS A NO_LIMIT DOG????is how you should have put it! (w00t) (w00t) (w00t) (w00t) (w00t)

Steve

jeff there"s an easy sollution to i think your sensible question if you think there are greyhounds being entered withdraw the dogs :thumbsup:

EARS WILL BE CHECKED...... BUT IT IS A BWRA EVENT SO OBVIOUSLEY BWRA CARDS WILL BE CHECKED IT SAY,S SO IN THE AD SEE W.N. &IRG

steve me cause a arguement never my halo,s still on straight, I know the meaning of no limit,s ,but the reason the question was asked was this is a whippet meeting not a mixed meeting but if the officals are checking the dogs thats good enough for me on neil,s reply i know there is some decent no limit whippet,s about but any half decent greyhound over 400yrds + will always beat the whippet

The meeting is a BWRA meeting and as such all dogs racing that day will have to be registered with the BWRA. Hence only greyhounds registered with the BWRA will be allowed to run.

I am not aware of any full greyhounds currently registered with the BWRA.

going back through old whippet news the last time the bubbles galena & not a lot a bert tropheys were run for in march 2001, and the overall supreme winner was mystical dancer owned by ian heaneys parents. hope that helps :cheers:

thanks john do you know what won the dog section. anyone have a contact number for them

jeffb said:
without wanting to start a arguement your scratch race to be held over 400  + yards will there be asafe guard to stop greyhounds being entered .
:oops: what ya trying to say here. : :lol: lol: :b :b :b :- " :- " :- "

the dog final winner was hellbound :oops:

36lb uptown girl

40lb stormbird

no limit wonderwall

vets rosie outlook

yearlings saxon gem :cheers:

Thanks everyone especially John Gill for helping trace the trophies

could,nt include all the trophies in the advert until we tracked them down:-

THANKS TO THE FOLLOWING SPONSORS:

RED MILLS AND MALCOLM CLARK (bags of feed)

WESTHOUGHTON AND N/W BWRA (added prize money)

PETE STEINLET (sabre trophy) 435yds scratch

STEVE AND WENDY POTTS (Nch a kinda magic trophy} o/a winner

VERA SHEARD (bubbles galina trophy) bitch winner

JOYCE AND the late ROY YOUDS (notta lotta bert trophy) dog winner

TONY WARREN (Bill Warren memorial trophy) veterans

GARY AND DENISE BAILEY (a scratch trophy)

TONY AND MICHELLE HOLT (a scratch trophy)

CHRISTINE CORNISH (whippet news fastest time trophy)

WE STILL NEED A TROPHY FOR THE YEARLINGS AND ONE OF THE SCRATCH SECTIONS IF ANYONE WOULD LIKE TO PUT ONE ON .

ALSO ANYONE FROM THE PEDIGREE SECTION WHO WOULD LIKE TO PUT A TROPHY ON FOR THE PEDIGREE RACING

Very good to hear that quite a number will be comming( South West) for this one ,looking forward to seeing how this is supported in general

Hope all those making the trip have a safe one and the weather is kind to us and all enjoy the day and some good racing

steve

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back