Clipboard29.jpg

Supreme Dog (2nd year running) - Colorado

Clipboard30.jpg

Pedigree Winner - Smokey

Clipboard32.jpg

Supreme Scratch - Mebs Rosie

Clipboard36.jpg

lets hope we get the same weather as ya did last year

have u got to pre book the lurches in to race vicky or turn up on the day 8)

We pick the trophies up next Tuesday, 4 new trophies for the Mr Benn open and trophies for 25 class winners (w00t) in the George Hartley (aswell as payout)also the presentation jackets are due next week for Sup Dog, Bitch, Puppy, Yearling, Scratch & Veteran.

Last edited by a moderator:
Directions:

From M6

Leave M6 at Junction 23, follow for Manchester A580, turn left at crossroads (signposted Astley, A572 - Higher Green Lane), at the end of this road turn left onto Manchester Road, at mini roundabout go straight across, next junction turn right onto Princes Avenue, take 3rd left onto Ley Road. Gin Pit Club at the top of this road.

From M62 - Leave at either Jct 13 or 14

(easiest) From Jct 14 follow slip round, this will take you straight onto A580 (signposted Leigh / St Helens) past set of traffic lights with Queens Arms Pub on right, at next junction turn right (signposted Astley, A572 - Higher Green Lane), at the end of this road turn left onto Manchester Road, at mini roundabout go straight across, next junction turn right onto Princes Avenue, take 3rd left onto Ley Road. Gin Pit Club at the top of this road.

From Jct 13, down slip road, take 3rd exit, at next roundabout take 2nd exit through Boothstown, turn left at Chaddock Lane, at lights go straight across, at mini roundabout go straight across, next junction turn right onto Princes Avenue, take 3rd left onto Ley Road. Gin Pit Club at the top of this road.

We will signpost in the area anyway so if anyone gets lost you should pick up the signs on the major roads, any probs give me a ring 07879 495444 and i'll talk you in.

I could really do with an idea of who's planning to come Friday and what time so that i can arrange access to the track, also who's staying over Saturday night so i can arrange with the welfare club.

Either pm or phone me.

Last edited by a moderator:
We'll be racing on our new track this weekend (Jacqui going to post pic's), we've been down tonight and everything is looking great thanks to a couple of dry days. Jackets are here, trophies come tomorrow and hopefully we'll see some of you Friday night for a few drinks in the bar :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

good luck with your weekend my lot are still on the injury list so not make it, would love to run at the G Hartley open he did me a lovely painting of Cracked it a really lovely man :thumbsup:

id love to make the whole weekend but due to work commitments im just coming for the saturday open see you there :thumbsup: this one of the only tracks i havent been to before :thumbsup: and yes the food was the tempting bit :D

Those of you who've raced here before will know the traps are bigger than average, anyone who hasn't the dimensions are:

Width = 10 inch

Height = 26 1/2 inch

Length = 34 inch

Hope that helps

LOOKING GOOD hope the rain goes east and south -----hope to make it --

steve

Karen-Coral said:
LOOKING GOOD  hope the rain goes east and southsteve

As long as it p*sses off from here i'm not bothered where it goes, i've got Fred the weatherman on overtime all the weather checking i keep doing.

Hi,

I'd like to come to this event with my two whippets, but I've never been to any kind of race event with them befeore.

Would it be ok for us to come and watch with our dogs, and would they be able to run in any of the races or do they need to be registered , or experienced, or anything like that?

Sorry if these seem like silly questions, but I really wouldn't know what to expect/what the format of the day would be like/etc.

:blink:

Thanks

Jayne

jayneymitch said:
Hi,
I'd like to come to this event with my two whippets, but I've never been to any kind of race event with them befeore.

Would it be ok for us to come and watch with our dogs, and would they be able to run in any of the races or do they need to be registered , or experienced, or anything like that?

Sorry if these seem like silly questions, but I really wouldn't know what to expect/what the format of the day would be like/etc.

Thanks

Jayne

not silly questions at all i would say thoughtful rather than silly ===

you would be made most welcome by racers especially at the Gin Pit --they are renowned for their hospitallty ---as for running dogs do require training and it would not be fair to run with others till training is complete but i am sure this would be all explained to you whilst your visiting --- Vicky is a really pleasant helpful young lady and will help anyone who asks for help --

yours in sport steve

jayneymitch said:
Hi,

Thanks

Jayne

Like Steve says we can't allow inexperienced dogs to race, we will however fit in a couple of trials for you in between racing.

Hopefully see you there :thumbsup:

Thanks Steve and Vicky for your replies.

That makes sense.

We are hoping to come down on Sunday, fingers crossed for the rain holding off !!

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back