The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Novice Seeks Info

flossy

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
hello, i have been searching on the net (instead of doing my reflexology homework....yawn) to get info about Andover whippet racing club, how to join, meet up with folks and the like. I am in the very exciting process of buying my first whippet pup to race <grin> I figured that Andover is the nearest fixture to me in Romsey, and so should have a club??? Please correct me if i am wrong, and any useful contacts gratefully recieved. Thanks Summer.

Hi Summer

I'll PM you the secretary's telephone number. They aren't racing again untill January the 29th though. What litter is you puppy from ?

flossy said:
hello, i have been searching on the net (instead of doing my reflexology homework....yawn) to get info about Andover whippet racing club, how to join, meet up with folks and the like. I am in the very exciting process of buying my first whippet pup to race <grin> I figured that Andover is the nearest fixture to me in Romsey, and so should have a club??? Please correct me if i am wrong, and any useful contacts gratefully recieved. Thanks Summer.
Hi summer, thanks for your message on the answer phone, im sorry i couldnt help you with a pup, im glad youve managed to get one from rebecca, i only live about four miles from you in eastleigh, so you can always follow us to andover when the racing has started back in jan, i will call you over the next couple of days.

cursty.

Thanks Summer! - you just asked the question I've been dying to know! We live in Hedge End and would also like to go to Andover Whippet racing. If anybody could send me the contact details too I would be most grateful. Our new addition to the family is Sammy - we've had him for 5 weeks and he is great!

thanks, i am up for all the help i can get. Strangely my martial arts group meet at Horspath which seems to be listed as a race venue too. Am very excited about all this as i used to show (at a very amateur level, more luck than owt else!), but we did manage to get to crufts once my boy got himself under a field trials judge in Paignton. As both pointers are veteran and my other hound is a smallie greyhound staffie can-you-guess-what-it-is-yet? type then we dont do much showing at all. I also got very jaded with the politics too. We then moved into lurcher shows with my other whippety cross, who i no longer have due to divorce etc..... He was a cracker and on his first outing won supreme champion. Grin. Am looking forward to learning something new which seems to be part of a very welcoming community. (am also assuming i can get some of the couch potato lard off my thighs too as i will need to get more walking done!!!). Pagan, my Staffie Lurcher Thing will be pleased as the two older boys are less inclined to bomb about so she will get up to all sorts with the pup i am sure..........

flossy said:
thanks, i am up for all the help i can get. Strangely my martial arts group meet at Horspath which seems to be listed as a race venue too. Am very excited about all this as i used to show  (at a very amateur level, more luck than owt else!), but we did manage to get to crufts once my boy got himself under a field trials judge in Paignton. As both pointers are veteran and my other hound is a smallie greyhound staffie can-you-guess-what-it-is-yet? type then we dont do much showing at all. I also got very jaded with the politics too. We then moved into lurcher shows with my other whippety cross, who i no longer have due to divorce etc..... He was a cracker and on his first outing won supreme champion. Grin. Am looking forward to learning something new which seems to be part of a very welcoming community. (am also assuming i can get some of the couch potato lard off my thighs too as i will need to get more walking done!!!). Pagan, my Staffie Lurcher Thing will be pleased as the two older boys are less inclined to bomb about so she will get up to all sorts with the pup i am sure..........
Hi Flossy,

The South Oxford club race at Horspath. There is a fixture list in our club section on the site, i will be putting next years dates up very soon and our last meeting of the year is this coming Sunday. If you would like to pay a visit then PM and i will give you directions, details etc

Dan

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back