The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

NWRF Bend Champs

ocsar

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Lets have you predictions

17lb one off & trouble spot

19lb vivs merlin & drama queen

21lb rag crazy & you dare

23lb ones blue too & lauranna

25lb ob2 & winny skippet

27lb midnight run & lacey venture

29lb red reigh & silver lady

31lb north to south & paloma

33lb midnight boy & show three

35lb toe cap & show boat

vets demerlish blue

40lb no surrender

no limit come on sue

Probably nowhere near but here's some off the top of my head

Dogs

21lb - Coral

29lb - Red Reign

31lb - ???? Think North 2 South is injured

33lb - Mr Peak / Sail Away

Bitches

17lb - Trouble Spot

21lb - You Dare

25lb - Whinny Skippet

27lb - Saxon Gem

31lb - Paloma / Moany Moany

33lb - Show Three

35lb - Show Boat

Vets Demolition Blue

40lb Four Sale

No Limit Come on Ernie

Not sure what's in the other classes

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Fran and Berts NIKITASON will run well in the 33lb dog class - he didn't do too badly for saying Fran and Bert find it hard to get him a bend training partner due to his size.

SAXON TIGER in with a shout in the 33lb bitches - how is Saxon Gem HONEYBEE ? All over her muscle strain you mentioned a while back ?

Polar Promise looked nice at Highgate on Sunday she'll give anything a good run be it at 27lb or 28lb.

Looks like LAURANNAseems cert for the 23lb bitches - for saying that Monkey runs well out of her season so you never know. Kerri will not finish last if she is lucky :lol: .

Hopefully OB2 will run as well as we all know he can in the 25lb dogs - third time lucky ? He always seems to hit trouble at the champs.

19 and 21lb dog classes should be well contended going by the runners at Highgate on Sunday.

:( Firstly, FLEESH may I say well done for winning at Highgate. Thank you also for enquiring about SAXON TIGER & SAXON GEM. Neither will be running at the Bend Championships as SAXON GEM is in season and SAXON TIGER suffered a muscle injury last time she raced at Warwick. I would say that Moany Moany stands a good chance of taking a title at Highgate. All the best anyway. Joan. :p

Not predicting as i think bend racing is highly unpredictable and there is no such thing as a dead cert its down to things being right on the day i.e. no dog blocking your path on bends or slower dogs checking going into bends causing yours to check also. Having said that i would like to say best of luck to all contenders and owners . One more thing for those who were not there Sunday the traps are only nine inch wide so check your kick boards before you go it was like a joiners workshop in the car park at the last meeting :unsure: :unsure: :D wish i had been told prior to going a sharp saw works wonders rusty old ones not recommended!

all northeast dogs rule i will have my fingers crossed.good luck to all owners&dogs showthree,toecap,leo,foursail,refuse,to,bend,gift,ofthe,game,whizz,master,tornad

o,midnightrun,all my club dogs i want to see do well. and of corse all n,e club dogs :thumbsup:

hi kenny, master tornado will not be running the bends as i have come to the conclusion he is not a bend dog after his first attempt last week at highgate, but good luck to all other north yorks dogs and oscarwho will be running for the north yorks dogs

debbie

just my thpughts,but i think the champs is too soon after bonfire night,so either keep your dogs in the house or turn the kennel radios up,good luck everyone

:cheers:

I had exactly the same thought yesterday Neil.

We have sussed it with Kerri though, she goes on a bed of two big sofa cushions with both hers and Blaze's bed cushions one to lay on and one wrapped behind her. Then she has a blanket oper the top of her and wrapped round her nose.

So long as she is in her bed by 6pm when the majority of the fireworks start she seems OK.

I think Blaze must have a calming effect on her as she is not bothered one bit by the fireworks (should have been a Gundog - but that's a different story!)

The only thing Blaze doesn't like is me going outside when the Fireworks are going off, she stands outside the back door and won't let me get past !!!

I must be very lucky as my dogs love to stand at the window and watch the fireworks going off, Badger thinks they are great and gets right up on window-sill for a grandstand view.The louder the better for her makes a change to me shouting at Harry.

jet hates fireworks she was sick the other night she was that scared. some1 from the greyhounds surgested i put her in the portamag box as it calms them so thats what i'm going to try. i'll put a cover over the front and some loud music on hopefully she'll be ok. :rant:

unsure of why the champ are a week late this year, but do know the new committee never changed them this years calender was already in before hand

Sadly Silver Lady will not make it this week, she picked up a serious virus and it was touch and go fo awhile...haven't got the name but it affects all dogs, cats and horses...in fact the race horse Dubia Millinium died of it....Tom's vet says there is no protection, just catch it early and you have a chance...only slim.

Anyway, good luck to everyone on Sunday...it's gonna be long day for us (got Monday off, thankfully ;) )

Laters

Paul

Sorry to hear about Silver Lady being sick,i hope she makes a full recovery.Dubai Millenium died of an illness called "grass sickness" which is common amongst horses,ponies and donkeys.

:) paul is she out of danger now, and how are Tom's other dog's hope she's better soon, :cheers:

sorry to hear about Silver Lady any news on her yet, hope shes okay

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back