The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

NWRF Show The World

Susan

Robbie
Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Well done Fleesh and Keri Conner's Lass. A very BIG WELL DONE

JUST GOT BACK FROM ASKERN THERES NO WAY IN THE WORLD THEY CAN RUN THE CHAMPS TO THE INSIDE AND AT THAT TRACK. AND IF THEY HAVE AS MANY BREAKDOWNS AS THEY HAVE OVER THE LAST FEW MEETINGS AND TODAY THE CHAMPS WILL LAST ALL WEEK CAN,T THE FED GET TOGETHER AND TAKE NOTICE OF WHAT THERE MEMBERS ARE SAYING AND NOT GO ON HOW SOME DOGS WILL LIKE THE TRACK BETTER THAN OTHERS

No Limit

Come on Ernie ht Wonderwall(life in the old dog yet)

40lb

Gypsy Queen ht Maisy Grey

Vets

21lb and Supreme Sasparella

28lb Hot number (r-up supreme)

31lb Aqueous

Dogs

20lb Coral

25lb and Overall Supreme OB2

30lb Midnight Run (r-up supreme dog)

35lb Hellbound

Bitches

20lb Waterford ht Troublespot

25lb and Supreme Bitch Connors Lass hts Quincy and Hot Mouse (d/h Connors Lass)

30lb Fluke

35lb Show Three (r-up supreme bitch)

As for consolation ... sorry I did not get programme

Thanx Michelle :D

and sorry forgot to mention heat winner in some classes, all the heat winners ran well today and all deserve a mention too ...

25lb dogs ht winner The Builder

30lb dogs heat winners Crackpot and Mad Mick

35lb dogs heat winner Midnight Boy

30lb bitch heat winners Lacey Venture and Wild Snowberry

cons was as follows

NO LIMIT

anthonys dream

40LB

pems lad

UPTO 20LB

shania

21 TO 25LB

ht win on line

ht win oscars pride overall winner OSCARS PRIDE

26 TO 30LB

ht win buffalo soldier

ht win shakira

ht win miss mellish overall winner MISS MELLISH WELL DONE NEIL N DEB :D

31 to 35lb

southern scott

WELL I HAVE TO AGREE JEFF ABOUT THE CHANGE TO INSIDE LURE , IT SHOULD BE LEFT OUTSIDE AS IT WAS VOTED ON A FEW YEARS AGO

I ALSO HAVE HEARD THAT IT HAS BEEN BREAKING DOWN ON A REGULAR BASIS ..AND ALSO THAT AT ASKEN THE DOGS ARE RUNNING STRAIGHT ONTO A BEND , I PERSONAL DON'T LIKE THAT , I WATCHED GREYHOUNDS AT KINSLEY TRAILING OUT OF THE DISTANCE TRAPS AND A FEW BROKEN LEGS OCCURRED CAUSE THEY WERE HITTING A BEND BEFORE A STRAIGHT , I DON'T THINK DOGS ARE GETTING INTO THERE STRIDE THAT WAY

IF THE LURE BREAKS DOWN ON THE BENDS ITS ALOT OF EXTRA YARDAGE THE WHIPPETS ARE HAVING TO RUN

LETS HOPE THAT THE LURES EITHER FIXED PROPERLY , OR THE FED FIND SOMEWHERE WITH A MORE RELIABLE LURE ..HATE TO THINK ANY DOG GOT HURT UNNECESSARY

OHHHH FORGOT WELL DONE FLEESH AND KERI FOR YESTERDAY

:D thanks mand jodie(missmellish) ran very well all day, i (deb) will run her on bends aswell as straights ;) and well done fleesh with keri she ran very well ;)

well done all winners ecspecialy conners lass and ob2, :D is ob2 yours tony, i think it is, sorry not sure is it same litter as megasaurus and sing for me well done mate ;)

:( I HAVE TO AGREE WITH JEFF THERE IS A BIG PROBLEM WITH THE LURE LIKE HE SAID IF IT"S NOT SORTED FOR THE CHAMPIONSHIPS WE WILL BE THERE TILL MIDDNIGHT ;) I LEFT AT 4-15PM AND THEY HAD THE CONS TO RUN & BOTH FINALS, WHEN U HAVE OTHER DOGS AT HOME IT"S A LONG TIME TO LEAVE THEM ;) LET"S HOPE THEY START AS EARLY AS POSSIBLE FOR THE CHAMPS. : :0

p.s. WELL DONE CONNARS LASS :w

AND ALL THE OTHER WINNERS :w

Last edited by a moderator:
AFTER TALKING TO THE OWNER OF ASKERN,AFTER THE RACING HE

ADMITTED THINGS DIDNT GO AS WELL AS HE WOULD HAVE LIKED BUT

PROMISED HE WILL DO HIS BEST TO GET THE PROBLEM SORTED OUT.AS SOMEONE SAID THO THERES ALOT HERE TO SAY THEY DONT LIKE THE TRACK, ??? GIVE IT A CHANCE I CAN REMEMBER PEOPLE NOT LONG AGO SAYING THEY DIDNT LIKE MELTON TRACK :D

Well I ain't seen the track, but speaking to people who went on Sunday, they hated it...and one was a winner too...so no sour grapes there...and another reckons he won't run in the champs...that is sad. On another point I too like Melton, but not so keen on the track as a CHAMPIONSHIP venue...

3 of ours ran well on the track even our youngest Waterford, she adapted very well. 1 not so good (Time n Tide) but its still not one of our favourite tracks either.

Having said that where are the perfect tracks?

Karen

First congratulations to the main winners, great to see conners lass doing so well, also OB2 showing great stamina for such a young dog, this is turning out to be some litter, lastly show three like my dog she is a true sprinter and needs a long rest between races to recover. Back to the track yes there were lots of break downs, but Im told the owner is very keen to put right as he has only just bought his shares in the track. And dogs performed better when they put a yellow lure on so the dogs could see it this should be a must for the champs. Lastly the fed committe have looked at other venues with no luck, if they did not get a track for members to run on we would complain so realy they cant win. I have seen better tracks but at this point in time it seems we have little choice. this was posted by Peter .

i think u do have a choice pete, if any track is not upto peoples standards as weve heard a lott about lately, its simple dont run your dog .

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back