The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Nwrf Super League

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
excellent job from the Notts/Derby crew, very impressed with this new club, thanks to all for their efforts and to all that helped out on the day, as for the tape didn't hear any complaints myself but thats not to say there wasn't any, show me an event where there isn't , some people just need to step back and consider the efforts the clubs got to when accommodating these events and all the extra effort and hard work their members put in on behalf of the rest of us.

Talking of complaints I will reply to John Gills comment the dog in question FREDDY'S MELODY who qualified at 34lb now Lisa could have rightfully just turned up paid and ran him in the 35lb superleague class, but as Freddie now weighs over 37-1/2lb she didn't think it was fair to the rest of the dogs in that class and asked to enter the consolation scratch instead, I admire her honesty and integrity that she forfieted her possible S/L CH title, after discussion the committee agreed as this dog had not won a scratch race it would be allowed into the 40lb cons scr taking into account also the safety of the other dogs in the classes.

The NNWRF committee are well aware some will not agree with the descision but we have to step outside the ring so to speak and look at the whole picture in these fortunately few occurances and do what we believe is right and fair for all at the time. The decsision wasn't taken lightly and the committee stand by it

Well done to all the newly crowned SUPERLEAGUE CHAMPIONS and and SUPERLEAGE CONSOLATION WINNERS , well done all who attended there were some great races throughout the day in both sections

Finally :angry: yet again some trophies were not returned apart from it costing those responsible a £20 fine it really is just selfish

i really enjoyed the event not having being or qualifying b4 till this year i was really looking forward to it. however like vicky said its disssapointing when dogs have to have solos i dont know why the people who didnt turn up didnt let the fed know all i can think of is maybe they dont have accsess to the internet i know arthur with robbie dazzler doesnt and he didnt know he had qualified until fri evening when peter told him on the phone. just an idea maybe about a month b4 the s/l cud the qualifiers not be put in the whippet news as well as on the net or maybe @ an open a sheet pinned up somewhere with the qualifiers on it all just suggestions i think the fed do a great job just think its a shame with solos etc pleased we had a race with 2 great dogs in the 48lb class and we were very happy with nikkis run :D

Kenny mentioned to me about the tape Dave, as when he walked Fly Baby by it she jumped when the tape rattled with the wind.I told kenny would see if it bothered dogs when racing,but didn't think it would.Didn't see any dog put off when racing,even the pups.They were too interested in the lure to bother about tape. :thumbsup:
exactly it wasn't a problem with me karen,i was merely agreeing with colin that it made a noise,and yes you offered to take it down you can only use what you have at hand,if it didn't bother my dog it shouldn't bother any as shes not a lure dog and frightened of her own shadow.again cracking club,cracking members,will be back at the weekend,thanks for putting it on,again well done all concerned :thumbsup:

excellent job from the Notts/Derby crew, very impressed with this new club, thanks to all for their efforts and to all that helped out on the day, as for the tape didn't hear any complaints myself but thats not to say there wasn't any, show me an event where there isn't , some people just need to step back and consider the efforts the clubs got to when accommodating these events and all the extra effort and hard work their members put in on behalf of the rest of us. Talking of complaints I will reply to John Gills comment the dog in question FREDDY'S MELODY who qualified at 34lb now Lisa could have rightfully just turned up paid and ran him in the 35lb superleague class, but as Freddie now weighs over 37-1/2lb she didn't think it was fair to the rest of the dogs in that class and asked to enter the consolation scratch instead, I admire her honesty and integrity that she forfieted her possible S/L CH title, after discussion the committee agreed as this dog had not won a scratch race it would be allowed into the 40lb cons scr taking into account also the safety of the other dogs in the classes.

The NNWRF committee are well aware some will not agree with the descision but we have to step outside the ring so to speak and look at the whole picture in these fortunately few occurances and do what we believe is right and fair for all at the time. The decsision wasn't taken lightly and the committee stand by it

Well done to all the newly crowned SUPERLEAGUE CHAMPIONS and and SUPERLEAGE CONSOLATION WINNERS , well done all who attended there were some great races throughout the day in both sections

Finally :angry: yet again some trophies were not returned apart from it costing those responsible a £20 fine it really is just selfish
Just needed comment Linda, I have the Supreme Scratch Trophy and I will get to Joe ASAP. Haven't been well recently and haven't raced the dogs, so fell out of the loop so to speak. Will sort it out tho. I can only apologise.

Chris.

Well done john/pat with tinkersmill looking forward to see her on bends this year she lenghts fast then last bend season could be unstopable will try to visit track next year look like it could be champion venue in future my view on freddie meldody he cracking dog watched him all year he keeps winning I love to run against best dog win or lose at least when you win you can say you beat the best I think we need to get away from these solos I hate open that's so many class but you still get your moans if they ran at wembly stadium ps I would love to run my heavey bitch NCH G M K gainst freddie what a race well done fed look like you found gem of a track

some brill racing and great track, well done roger,ruby (r&r) boybelle and tinkersmill, some very close racing indeed, and all other north yorks dogs who did us proud, i,ll put the pics of the winners up soon :D

thanks for doing the pics Deb :cheers: any chance you can post them and let Chris have them for Whippet News

. Talking of complaints I will reply to John Gills comment the dog in question FREDDY'S MELODY who qualified at 34lb now Lisa could have rightfully just turned up paid and ran him in the 35lb superleague class, but as Freddie now weighs over 37-1/2lb she didn't think it was fair to the rest of the dogs in that class and asked to enter the consolation scratch instead, I admire her honesty and integrity that she forfieted her possible S/L CH title, after discussion the committee agreed as this dog had not won a scratch race it would be allowed into the 40lb cons scr taking into account also the safety of the other dogs in the classes.

crap :angry:

it's still wrong ,just read the advert consolations for dogs that have not qualified for super league,you know what weight your dog qualified at so it's up to the owner to make sure it's weight is right,if not it should'nt be allowed to run. again just my opinion :(

. Talking of complaints I will reply to John Gills comment the dog in question FREDDY'S MELODY who qualified at 34lb now Lisa could have rightfully just turned up paid and ran him in the 35lb superleague class, but as Freddie now weighs over 37-1/2lb she didn't think it was fair to the rest of the dogs in that class and asked to enter the consolation scratch instead, I admire her honesty and integrity that she forfieted her possible S/L CH title, after discussion the committee agreed as this dog had not won a scratch race it would be allowed into the 40lb cons scr taking into account also the safety of the other dogs in the classes.

it's still wrong ,just read the advert consolations for dogs that have not qualified for super league,you know what weight your dog qualified at so it's up to the owner to make sure it's weight is right,if not it should'nt be allowed to run. again just my opinion :(
freddies melody didnt qualify for the scr superleague!

SEE WHERE YOUR COMING FROM JOHN BUT IN MY OPINION .I REALLY ADMIRE THE SPORTSMANSHIP OF THE OWNERS OF FREDDIES MELODY WHAT SATISFACTION WOULD THEY HAVE GOT WINNING A 35 GROUP WEIGHING 37 AND HALF.THERE HONESTY IS ADMIRABLE AND IT WOULD HAVE BEEN A TRAVESTY IF THE FED COMMITTEE HAD DENIED HIM A RUN.ITS THE JOB OF THE COMMITEE TO MAKE DECISIONS AND IN THIS CASE COMMON SENSE PREVAILED.

WELL DONE NWRF AND NOTTS MEMBERS.SHAME WE COULDNT ATTEND.

SEE WHERE YOUR COMING FROM JOHN BUT IN MY OPINION .I REALLY ADMIRE THE SPORTSMANSHIP OF THE OWNERS OF FREDDIES MELODY WHAT SATISFACTION WOULD THEY HAVE GOT WINNING A 35 GROUP WEIGHING 37 AND HALF.THERE HONESTY IS ADMIRABLE AND IT WOULD HAVE BEEN A TRAVESTY IF THE FED COMMITTEE HAD DENIED HIM A RUN.ITS THE JOB OF THE COMMITEE TO MAKE DECISIONS AND IN THIS CASE COMMON SENSE PREVAILED.WELL DONE NWRF AND NOTTS MEMBERS.SHAME WE COULDNT ATTEND.
well said mr poole :thumbsup:

Thanks to all the NNWFR committe and helpers for a brillant open yesterday. Well done to Linda and Les and members of this new club for the use of the track, ground was good, excellant for racing nice venue.

A good days racing and well done to all racers that turned up for the Super lLeque we know from experience that you can qualify then have a season or an injury, family commitment that stops you turnning uo on the day. Well done for all the dogs that entered the consolation what good days racing both events were well organised and some very close races.

Thanks for the kind comments and congratulations to Tinkermill we had a great day out.

Bye

Pat and John

well done pat john fab result congrats from all im sure from thurrock club xx tommy

i have got to say im really proud of roger, had sum gurs races tday, with bageera, bigland bailey and little wilma
the track was fantastic with a great run in at the end that is great for big dogs :clown:

just sat and had a relaxing day with a loverly burger van n watched the racing

had sum great laughs down there tday, would deffinetly go back :D
Well done Roger he is running well and a deserved win. :thumbsup: Thanx to all the workers of Notts a Derby a good day. ;)

Think it's a shame that dogs who qualify to run in the superleague don't do so because it's about having all the best dogs together running for greater titles I suppose. Not easy to make the right decision I guess. getting your dogs weight right can be a pain in the butt, mind you I thought Freddie ran at dawdon on the saturday in the 36lb scratch, so Lisa can't have been that far out, unless he nicked Sunday dinner before he left :lol:

Chris.

SEE WHERE YOUR COMING FROM JOHN BUT IN MY OPINION .I REALLY ADMIRE THE SPORTSMANSHIP OF THE OWNERS OF FREDDIES MELODY WHAT SATISFACTION WOULD THEY HAVE GOT WINNING A 35 GROUP WEIGHING 37 AND HALF.THERE HONESTY IS ADMIRABLE AND IT WOULD HAVE BEEN A TRAVESTY IF THE FED COMMITTEE HAD DENIED HIM A RUN.ITS THE JOB OF THE COMMITEE TO MAKE DECISIONS AND IN THIS CASE COMMON SENSE PREVAILED.WELL DONE NWRF AND NOTTS MEMBERS.SHAME WE COULDNT ATTEND.

i do rob. but if he was 37 and a half pound why did run in the 36 lb scr the day before, a dog does'nt put 1 & half pound on overnight. :b ;)

iam saying no more on the subject, but what is the point of having a super league it makes a mockery of it there is nothing to stop any dog next year from saying the same thing .

jhon i can see were u are comin from but that was his wight on the day of the superlege so can we put this behind us thanks daniel. :thumbsup:

jhon i can see were u are comin from but that was his wight on the day of the superlege so can we put this behind us thanks daniel. :thumbsup:
well said young man he not a sunderland fan he's daniel up the toon

In fairness to those concerned (and as a joint owner of several scratch dogs) I think it is perfectly feasible for a 1 1/2lb discrepancy to occur within a 48hr period after racing.

Well done to all the winners, sorry we wasn't there but heard Anagram flew for Keith (star in the making) also well done to all the North West dogs, Maid U Luck, Whiskey Fudge, Maizeemu and Forever Autumn, Push The Button and I'll Be Back. :thumbsup:

Also well done to all those concerned who grafted on the track, no easy feat with the crappy weather of late but it sounds like the ground was on top form. :thumbsup:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back