The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Odd itching!

goldenbear2013

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hello all!

My dog seems to have developed a habit of scratching.

Now its no ordinary scratching. He sit/lies down and rubs his dew claw claws and/or paw on his gums excessively.

Now he has done no damage to himself, I have checked both his paws, claws and gums and there is no redness, soreness or anything that has gotten stuck in his paw or pads that I could think would be bothering him.

He does this quite a lot and has been on going for a while. There is no pattern to when he does it. He could be playing, out for a walk, whatever and he will stop to scratch his paw on his gums. Now as there is nothing visible for me to be concerned about I have not taken him to the vet as they wont be able to do anything as there is nothing there for them to see.

I dont think its his teeth as he is quite happy to chew bones or toys without any discomfort so I dont think that he has tooth ache or anything along those lines.

Is it his paws? is it his dew claws or gums,??? I just don't know!

I just thought I would post on here to get peoples thoughts on this.

Has anyone experienced this with their dog?

Any thoughts of what this is would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you in advance

Sophie

That is an unusal one - has he got some food or something stuck in his teeth?

No I have looked. There is nothing there! I wondered whether there was something stuck between his pads, like a thorn or something but no! His teeth are pearly white and nothing stuck in them or around the gum.

It's just so odd!

he hasn't done it for a couple days and then this morning he was at it for over 5 minutes!

So strange....... :ermm:

Sophie x

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back