The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Off And Running

Lurch and his tribe

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
first of all a big thankyou to my good friend james who's permission we were on last night.

we arrived just after dark and after a bit of fannying around and realising that in the truck swap I had left me wellies we were under way. We headed through the yard and onto the first field. Gunner hasnt seen the lamp before or many bunnies and with our collective elder dogs all out injured or unavailable james had bought the rimfire rifle so that we could build his confidence. nothing showing in the first feild but the lamp picked up charlie in the next feild right where we had hoped to see our main supply of rabbits. Typical!

Undettered we made our way to the feild in question and had a quick shine! no rabbits but charlie a hundred yards away. Wind was all good so I gave him a squeak and he came rocketing towards us 60yds, 50yds, 30yds, 20 yds oh my god gunner was straining on his leash. James says stop the fox freezes and drops dead from the rimmie. We popped him the gateway and headed down the next hedgerow.

A few bunnies out but couldnt get round them so we decided to ease the little man into it and james bowled one over with the rimmie. as it gave its last few kicks I let the wee man go and he was down the beam like a rocket and walloped into it. A good rag and he bought it to me as I was walking to him.

Onto the next field a few rabbits and this time we got between them and home. Time for a slip, a tremendous course ensured as he pursued it down a steep hill and turned it three times tiring tho he commited the cardinal sin and opened up! gutted still he pursued it and he fluffed it just as it made the hedge. He came straight back so we decided he needed another easy one.

We walked up the bank and bowled another one over and he ran in and hammered it. This time he shook it hard for a good two mins before coming back to me.

We moved on and this time found a simple slip. He ran it dead hard and nailed it at the third attempt. Brilliant off the mark! and retrieved to hand and no opening up.

We gave him two more runs 1 a very poor slip on my behalf and another a real corker with five or so turns before it made the hedge. With that he look tired and we headed for home. Prowd as punch! (and yes I know the hes better looking than his dad)

gunnersfirst.jpg

Nice 1 he looks a little corker all the best :thumbsup:

well done!!! a cracking night , bet you are over the moon with him , look forwards to seeing him soon and hearing more of his training :thumbsup:

Well done martin and gunner, :cheers: . an excellent start for the dog..

I must admit also he is very good looking.. :thumbsup:

Well done guys :D .....You're going to have some fun with Gunner :thumbsup: ....... Vinnie said can he come and join you all one night please ?? ..... See you soon at Cotswolds :D

nearly nine months mate so just right time for him. he's quite mature for a dog my previous dogs have not been ready till well after a year.

hannah will sort something out. Am working on new prmission as were a bit short at present. Have def lined up a few days beating for you in nov. ;)

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back