The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Old age

Derekmr

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Well my girl Willow is now 13.5 years, age is showing in last few months ,
She's now got a breathing problem, on antibiotics to see if it helps, she is hiding away a bit too, not feeling too good about it all, but don't want her to suffer which she obviously is

This won't help, I am very sorry....

But for what it's worth - on his last morning our boy Ari clearly (without a shred of doubt in my mind) knew that this was the end, and just as clearly he wanted to hide away and be let go.

We rushed to the vet, a desperate and futile attempt, but looking back and relieving over an over the events of that morning, there were 2 signs: cold feet (heart not pumping the blood enough) and him struggling to get to a quiet place behind a bush and crashing there, not wanting to come out, or move at all.

The final act of love and kindness to our dogs I think is the most difficult one.
My thoughts are with you, and hoping that she will bounce back, somehow.

@Ari_RR I totally agree,the hiding I've seen quite a few times in my dogs and friends dogs as well. I always use it as sign that they've had enough and it's time to show how much love you have for them.
It's hard,but it as to be done.

Im so sorry but @Ari_RR is right (my condoleances to you too) Benny got very clingy the last few days of his life he wanted to be fussed which was not like him at all but at the same time he kept trying to bury himself in blankets right up in a corner of his kennel.

They know when its time and the greatest act of love we can offer is to let them go in peace and with as little suffering as possible.

Thanks guys,
She went yesterday, was very hard, can't remember the last time I cried so much, I know it was for the best and am relieved that she is no longer suffering, it's not nice to see them slow down and refuse food etc,
She was a great little dog and gave so much love and happiness,
We are going to scatter her ashes at her favourite beach, I know Its where she would want to be.
IMG_4828.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_6385.JPG
    7.8 MB · Views: 148
The kindest thing you can do even though it breaks your heart ...thinking of you at this sad time xxx

So sorry to hear this :( its always such a difficult decision to make but you did it because you loved her x such a beautiful lady x
Take time for yourselves x
RIP Willow x

I'm so sorry. RIP Willow xx

Thank you all,
She was my little fuzzy friend, she's left a huge paw print on my heart and lots of great memories of great fun together ❤

Condolences. All of us understand how hard letting go is. We totally understand the gaping hole in your life she has left. Take care of yourself and allow yourself to mourn the loss of your friend ....

A heartbreaking time, so sorry...our dogs give us a life time of joy,sometimes a few years and sometimes many years, in many shapes and forms, good times and difficult times, but saying goodbye, well...there are no words, many thoughts are with you...

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back