The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Old Dog Peeing His Bed

rick

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
My loved 14 year old collie cross Alsatian has started weeing on his bed after Iv taken him a walk he waits till Im in bed and walks over his bed wetting it all over / any thoughts ?

Take a urine sample to the vets to rule out an infection or to get antibiotics if he has one, that would be my first port of call if it is something that has just started happening, if not it could be that with his age he is becoming incontinent and just cant hold it in overnight anymore, this can be helped with drugs from the vet to tighten up the bladder sphincter muscles, so vet would be where I start. Good luck.

Thanks iv done that and had him on antibiotics for six weeks. But this is behavioural, as i take him out as usual and he go's to the toilet but them when he thinks iv gone to bed i hear him scratching his bed, then sqwating over it and urinating.

Iv caught him doing this a few times, he knows he's in the wrong. He douse not urinate any other time in the house this happens only at night.

To be on AB's for such a long time, the vet must have detected an infection?

Very hard situation, I know how tough it is when a much loved pet starts wee'ing in the wrong places. Lots of cleaning required but you also worry terribly about them.

Have you tried buying a new bed or deep cleaning the one you have?

He may have the scent there and thats why he is continuing?

Welcome to Dog Forum - I am Anna :)

To be on AB's for such a long time, the vet must have detected an infection?

Very hard situation, I know how tough it is when a much loved pet starts wee'ing in the wrong places. Lots of cleaning required but you also worry terribly about them.
Hi thanks He did have a infection and in that time I did`t tell him off for for weeing think he`s got it in his head now that its OK to wee on his bed.

Have you tried buying a new bed or deep cleaning the one you have?

He may have the scent there and thats why he is continuing?

Welcome to Dog Forum - I am Anna :)
Hi Thanks yes Iv done this to had to get rid of his old mattress it was stinky Iv put 3 cushions off a settee in strong plastic sacks so i can wipe them down still doing it

I think you need to break the cycle.. I think it became habit when he was unwell!

Can you buy him a new bed and move him into a different room at night?

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back